LC Model (2018-present)

Is There Really an LC F Coming?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-19, 05:17 PM
VicAndRay
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeitaku
Toyota over engineered the 2JZ so well that it withstood many blocks that made over 1000whp with single turbo, bolt ons and tune. I think you may have misconstrued what I meant by short period. Most of the guys who were able to make such crazy power back in the late 90's early 2000's on stock 2JZ blocks didn't last for very long. Most from what I remember back in the day were good for six months possibly a year as long as they weren't drag racing and launching every other day. As for factory "high horse power" the 1993 MKIV TT Supra produced 320hp from a 3.0I six cylinder from the factory. It was substantial and equivalent to around 550 or even 600hp back then by today's standards. The 1993 Ferrari 348GTB with it's 3.4L V8 was making 320bhp yet the Supra destroyed it in 1993 with the same power. The 1993 Mazda released it's RX-7 twin turbo along with Mitsubishi's VR-4 twin turbo and Nissan's 300ZX twin turbo all of which were rated at 255-300hp. Yes, Toyota Motor Corporation like other car manufactures have been known to be secretive about future models however, they're not going to keep their dealers and distributors in the dark completely as there would be no time to market the launch of the vehicle in real terms costing the company millions in lost revenue. Why do you think movie franchises release teasers of their upcoming blockbusters a year or even two before they are even out? To build the hype and collect a following first to ensure a margin for profit. I personally spoke with a few at Lexus and from several GM's to several sales reps who were invited out to an exclusive LC500 track day were greeted and met by Toyota and Lexus executives who mentioned nothing to anyone about any future prospects of an LC-F model even on the table as of now. Reps of Lexus were notified 2 years prior to the LC500 coming out just to give you an idea of the heads up they actually give to their dealers. Believe me I have called and sent emails like crazy because I just bought a 2018 LC500 and would be pissed if they released an LC-F without giving me or anyone the ability to choose from all available models at the same time. McLaren has done this to their clients and it has backfired on them. With the release of the 650S right after the MP4-12C that simply killed the MP4 and caused a $100K immediate depreciation for those buyers who bought the 12C. I read the reviews and most stated they would never buy McLaren again after that stunt. So, I don't think Toyota would do this. They have been in business far too long to go pissing off clients that are willing to shell out $115K+ for their luxury brand halo car. Just my two cents.
Toyota has pissed off plenty of customers before..

Toyota revealed massive price cuts on the Supra in 1997, when the base model dropped to just $29,500 and the Turbo fell to $39,900

But imagine the appreciation on those models today......
Old 12-07-19, 05:40 PM
Duck05
Pole Position

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

I was able to drive an LC500 on the track at Laguna Seca at the Lexus Driver Performance School event in August. It was a lot of fun but not a true “track” car per se. With a partner where we were trading off driving, on our second round we cooked the tranny and it shutdown to protect itself.

A fun GT car for weekend warrior canyon runs but not what an F model will offer. At $180K, though, there will be a lot more options in the market place and hard to see this being sought after.

While the exterior stying is off the charts, the interior layout and driving experience lessons the “gotta have it” feeling for me.

Nice car but not enough to give up my SC....
Old 12-15-19, 12:53 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting tidbit​​​ "In 2020, the team will use what it has learnt through these hard experiences and aim to complete the race without any trouble by adopting a variety of new technologies, including a newly-developed V8 twin-turbo engine destined for use on future road cars such as sports cars. TOYOTA GAZOO Racing will conduct activities to "refine people and refine cars" in pursuit of “making ever-better cars.”

Looks like the LCF powertrain is in testing.
Old 12-15-19, 10:40 PM
SeanLFA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this car going to really have a Twin Turbo V8? Almost think they should supercharge the existing motor opposed to turbos on a smaller engine(assuming 4.0 V8 TT). Unless they can really shave off a substantial amount of weight on the car I do not see the point of having a Twin Turbo V8 (other than power which can also be achieved with a supercharger). Hopefully there will be more information regarding the LCF as I dont know if I should wait out until its released or just get an LC500 which is an excellent car in it own right. Aside from my rant...What if Lexus is considering outsourcing to an AMG V8(4.0 TT V8) seeing as Toyota used a BMW engine in the Supra... This is pure speculation but hopefully there will be sound clips coming soon.

Old 12-16-19, 05:09 AM
pottypants
Rookie

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanLFA
Is this car going to really have a Twin Turbo V8? Almost think they should supercharge the existing motor opposed to turbos on a smaller engine(assuming 4.0 V8 TT). Unless they can really shave off a substantial amount of weight on the car I do not see the point of having a Twin Turbo V8 (other than power which can also be achieved with a supercharger). Hopefully there will be more information regarding the LCF as I dont know if I should wait out until its released or just get an LC500 which is an excellent car in it own right. Aside from my rant...What if Lexus is considering outsourcing to an AMG V8(4.0 TT V8) seeing as Toyota used a BMW engine in the Supra... This is pure speculation but hopefully there will be sound clips coming soon.
Lexus/Toyota have a ton of work to shave off weight off the LC500 , and your right adding a TT setup is going to add even more weight. The AMG V8 is a hell of an engine... but it also comes at a massive price, enough to total brand new cars after ingesting water.
No thanks, BMW and Mercedes can keep their engines. ill stick with the 5.0 i have now. But can you imagine Toyota putting a SC or TT on the 5.0 and releasing it to market as the daily driver semi-exotic. this is a title NONE of the others can achieve !

ppp

Old 12-18-19, 06:52 PM
SUNLINE
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Lexus confirmed on 12-16 that they will be racing the LC at Nürburgring with a brand new twin turbo V8 which will be used in future production cars. Read that as in the LCF......
Old 01-30-20, 06:13 PM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 146 Likes on 98 Posts

Old 02-01-20, 08:48 AM
finny76
Advanced

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts

Love the way it sounds!
Old 03-20-20, 06:55 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion