LC Model (2018-present)

Boost Logic Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-17, 04:41 AM
pb4ugo
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Boost Logic Cold Air Intake

Anyone looked at the Boost Logic Cold Air intake for the LC 500? I put one on a couple weeks ago. Their dyno charts show what I see as a significant increase in Wheel HP and Torque for an air intake, noting that the 471 from Lexus is flywheel horsepower. If I remember correctly it looks to be about a 20 wheel HP increase and close to 30 ft. lbs. of torque increase. After driving for a couple weeks now, I must say, I can feel a difference in the pull from 4200 RPM all the way through to the top. I was a little skeptical at first but am glad I decided to go for it. Now I am waiting to see pricing on the super charger they engineering. The web site states they will also have an exhaust system, I am not sure if it will be headers back or just a cat back.
Old 09-26-17, 06:16 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-...ntake-kit.html

Not trying to rain on your parade. If you're happy with it, that's what really matters. Just my opinion on CAI's in general.
Old 09-29-17, 10:15 AM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Cold Air intake is a bunch of BS. If it really works, Lexus engineers should have done long ago.
The following users liked this post:
VATOM (12-31-22)
Old 09-29-17, 03:23 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,362 Posts

^^^^Actually the stock intake on the LC 500 appears to be a cold air intake. I went to BoostLogic's web site, and the picts they are showing of their intake, shows the 2 cone filters are exposed in the hot air under hood environment. Maybe someone can clear this up.

Lou
Old 12-30-17, 11:13 PM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 318 Likes on 182 Posts
Default Congrats on the intakes

Originally Posted by pb4ugo
Anyone looked at the Boost Logic Cold Air intake for the LC 500? I put one on a couple weeks ago. Their dyno charts show what I see as a significant increase in Wheel HP and Torque for an air intake, noting that the 471 from Lexus is flywheel horsepower. If I remember correctly it looks to be about a 20 wheel HP increase and close to 30 ft. lbs. of torque increase. After driving for a couple weeks now, I must say, I can feel a difference in the pull from 4200 RPM all the way through to the top. I was a little skeptical at first but am glad I decided to go for it. Now I am waiting to see pricing on the super charger they engineering. The web site states they will also have an exhaust system, I am not sure if it will be headers back or just a cat back.
Would you happen to have any pics of your installed intakes? Did you get them in powder coated black or did you color match? Were they easy to install? Does it conflict with any of the sensors on the vehicle?

Thanks!
Old 01-01-18, 08:30 AM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 146 Likes on 98 Posts

I understand the appeal of modifications, but unless you're racing it on a track, my question is... why? Bragging rights? How fast is fast enough on the street? I'd be worried about messing with the balance of all the engineering logic that's built into a complicated platform like the LC, not to mention the inability to get a qualified Lexus dealer to address concerns that might arise down the road, on a modified vehicle. Also, messing with the exhaust and considering a super charger kinda defeats the whole purpose of the normally-aspirated design and the way the fantastic V8 sounds are captured and intentionally piped into the cabin.

I get it though... I'm always fighting the temptation to consider mods. I'm not trying to discourage customizing. It's part of what makes ownership personal and fun. But I have to keep reminding myself that the LC is a beautifully-engineered vehicle as is. I'm certainly not smarter than the Lexus engineers, so I share the point of view that tweak-options like these have likely already been considered by the LC design team and would already be in place if they made sense to do so. I think, if it's not already engineered the way you like it, perhaps it's better to wait for the more aggressive F version (we all know it's coming).

Once you start making mods like these, you're own your own when it comes to support, and such mods could have a significant negative impact on resale value.

Last edited by uchujin; 01-01-18 at 03:31 PM.
Hoppean (01-01-18)
Old 02-04-18, 10:31 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

I pulled the trigger and bought the Boost Logic 3" intakes for my LC500. Did notice a difference from 4K to redline it's subtle but noticeable. The stock air boxes although protective from excess engine heat are still restrictive. Despite the conical BL filters being exposed they do get adequate cooler air when the car is in motion. Due to the LC500 having two MAFS our cars are able to adapt and adjust without tuning for the new added air volume. I have had no codes and no issues to date and have put over 1K miles on since installing. Also waiting on Boost Logic's Super Charger kit. Apparently they're still in R&D for the kit and their goal is 600whp respectively. Which would place the LC500 right about 680-700 crank hp and possibly 550+ lb ft. torque which would dramatically improve 0-60 times by probably 1-1.3 seconds or so I would assume.

Last edited by Zeitaku; 02-04-18 at 11:31 PM.
Old 02-05-18, 05:16 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Won't go into whether you actually hear/feel a boost in BHP but I doubt the stock intake is too restrictive. Building/designing the air intake isn't rocket science. It's probably a simple calculation based on sound engineering principles, maybe some experience from their motorsports/racing division, etc. Whatever the case may be, let's say they figure X is the max CFM the engine requires at any RPM/load/temp/elevation,etc. They then probably calculate the size/design of components needed to meet that requirement +Y% for a little headroom. Or they might just not worry about any calculations/guesswork and say this is overkill and be done with it.

It's hard to believe (but not impossible, I guess) that they would make an inadequate, restrictive intake that could have been easily avoided by using a slightly larger air filter or larger diameter pipe. Maybe in the ES, where power/performance isn't quite as important. But in their performance oriented, most expensive (at least the base MSRP) offering?
Old 02-06-18, 05:26 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeitaku
I pulled the trigger and bought the Boost Logic 3" intakes for my LC500. Did notice a difference from 4K to redline it's subtle but noticeable. The stock air boxes although protective from excess engine heat are still restrictive. Despite the conical BL filters being exposed they do get adequate cooler air when the car is in motion. Due to the LC500 having two MAFS our cars are able to adapt and adjust without tuning for the new added air volume. I have had no codes and no issues to date and have put over 1K miles on since installing. Also waiting on Boost Logic's Super Charger kit. Apparently they're still in R&D for the kit and their goal is 600whp respectively. Which would place the LC500 right about 680-700 crank hp and possibly 550+ lb ft. torque which would dramatically improve 0-60 times by probably 1-1.3 seconds or so I would assume.

You're probably better off waiting for the LCF... you'll have the same power and all warranties will still be intact😎😋!
Had to throw that in there since you're against/anti LCF😅😅!!! Haha!

V.
Old 02-06-18, 08:49 AM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vitveet
You're probably better off waiting for the LCF... you'll have the same power and all warranties will still be intact😎😋!
Had to throw that in there since you're against/anti LCF😅😅!!! Haha!

V.
Waiting? I already own the LC500 as of now. If and when an LC-F model comes out rest assured it will be north of $150K easily. If one of these tuners is able to produce a TT or supercharger kit for the LC500 as RR Racing has for the RC-F/GS-F then we should expect the same 2URGSE motor in the LC500 to obtain similar numbers or better. That being 560-570whp @6psi and around 600whp @ 8psi which is roughly 670-700 crank hp. That would be more than 70-100hp than a stock LC-F if they come out rated at 600bhp from factory. 5.0 SC Vs 4.0 TT? No replacement for displacement if both are forced inducted right? A built LC500 will be faster and less expensive than an LC-F if it's produced with the speculative numbers that have been tossed around lately. Until then...I'll bask in the pleasures of the LC500 and it's current exclusivity for a few months LOL.
Old 02-06-18, 10:13 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

I know you already have the LC500....I was talking about waiting and not supercharge it and just get the F version in a few years (hopefully).
And best believe you'll spend about what the LCF cost getting the LC500 to perform at, or beyond what the F will do, reliably. Not just the power you'll be chasing, but the added suspension components, wheels/tires, exterior/aero upgrades, etc. All that will likely cost at least what the supercharger from BL will cost you (well into 5 figures I'm quite positive) and in top of all this, you'll still have a model that's 3-4 years older ('17 or '18 LC500 vs '20-'21 LCF).
BUT, no time better than RIGHT NOW to spend your money! Next year, next month, hell next week isn't promised to anyone 😋!

V.
LimeLex (12-30-23)
Old 02-06-18, 05:54 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vitveet
I know you already have the LC500....I was talking about waiting and not supercharge it and just get the F version in a few years (hopefully).
And best believe you'll spend about what the LCF cost getting the LC500 to perform at, or beyond what the F will do, reliably. Not just the power you'll be chasing, but the added suspension components, wheels/tires, exterior/aero upgrades, etc. All that will likely cost at least what the supercharger from BL will cost you (well into 5 figures I'm quite positive) and in top of all this, you'll still have a model that's 3-4 years older ('17 or '18 LC500 vs '20-'21 LCF).
BUT, no time better than RIGHT NOW to spend your money! Next year, next month, hell next week isn't promised to anyone 😋!

V.
There is no LC-F wait on what? No word of production or certified specs etc.. All we have are rumors being spread online about a model that doesn't exist. I'm still waiting on the new Supra too. Wonder what all those guys back in 1998 would have done if someone told them don't mod your MKIV a new MKV is coming out on the 12th of 20Never...LMAO
The following 2 users liked this post by Zeitaku:
SugarD20 (01-31-21), talltrini1 (02-07-18)
Old 07-11-22, 01:09 PM
pumxee
8th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeitaku

I know this post is from quite some time ago but I am looking into getting this but it'll cost me almost $1000 CAD shipped to me. Want to get your longterm feedback on this product, please and thank you!
Old 07-11-22, 01:13 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,279 Likes on 1,385 Posts

Originally Posted by pumxee
I know this post is from quite some time ago but I am looking into getting this but it'll cost me almost $1000 CAD shipped to me. Want to get your longterm feedback on this product, please and thank you!
Zeitaku sold his LC a couple of years ago and hasn't been online since so not likely to hear from him but maybe someone else has it to chime in
pumxee (07-11-22)
Old 07-12-22, 04:23 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by pumxee
I think he took it out for codes.

Last edited by LXSDO; 07-12-22 at 04:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Boost Logic Cold Air Intake