Old 10-05-17, 03:19 PM
jwgorrie
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Interesting Video about the F Pyramid

From this video
Facebook Post
Facebook Post
eI see the LC500 is on the same level as LFA in the pyramid and GSF/RCF are lower down! So are Lexus indicating that the LC500 is in a higher league to the current F cars?

Just curious what people think. They also mention IS F will be a decade old next year, still got mine and it’s great!

Realky like the LC 500 but not driven one yet, seeing this video/pyramid makes me think it’ll be worth an upgrade one day.
The following users liked this post:
Hoppean (10-05-17)
Old 10-05-17, 03:45 PM
Hoppean
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Could explain why there was no F Sport trim available.
Old 10-10-17, 08:43 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,488 Likes on 1,791 Posts

LFA and LC500 both are marked as flagship performance. I think it is more in terms of brand representation. However, once we factor in performance/handling, LFA is on a different planet. RCF, GSF and LC500 are similar in performance/handling metrics. That is why I think the context is based on how strategically the cars represent the brand.
Old 10-12-17, 06:59 AM
jwgorrie
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
LFA and LC500 both are marked as flagship performance. I think it is more in terms of brand representation. However, once we factor in performance/handling, LFA is on a different planet. RCF, GSF and LC500 are similar in performance/handling metrics. That is why I think the context is based on how strategically the cars represent the brand.
Sounds plausible, as you say the lfa is really out of this world (to me anyway). Sounds to me that the LC500 is in the same league as the F marques GSF RCF ISF even so if that’s the case I’d be quite happy to upgrade my IS F to one and not be disappointed performance wise. Although the LC F might come out and be an absolute performer! Who knows.
Old 10-14-17, 06:52 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jwgorrie
Sounds plausible, as you say the lfa is really out of this world (to me anyway). Sounds to me that the LC500 is in the same league as the F marques GSF RCF ISF even so if that’s the case I’d be quite happy to upgrade my IS F to one and not be disappointed performance wise. Although the LC F might come out and be an absolute performer! Who knows.
Yes, just purchased an RCF just two weeks ago. I could not be happier. Just bursting with joy. The car is absolutely magnificent and exceeds my very high expectations in every way despite all the negative press it got.

Old 10-15-17, 10:51 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

LC is top of the Lexus food chain (sans LFA) without a doubt. The build materials and styling, not to mention price, justify it. I was looking at RCF 3 years ago and it just didn't do it for me (at least not enough to move from my '06 IS350). If LCF comes out (which I doubt), it wouldn't take much to displace the LFA as Lexus performance king. If LCF actually materializes, I'll likely swap both my LC and Huracan for an LCF and Urus.
Old 10-15-17, 11:52 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TimboIS
LC is top of the Lexus food chain (sans LFA) without a doubt. The build materials and styling, not to mention price, justify it. I was looking at RCF 3 years ago and it just didn't do it for me (at least not enough to move from my '06 IS350). If LCF comes out (which I doubt), it wouldn't take much to displace the LFA as Lexus performance king. If LCF actually materializes, I'll likely swap both my LC and Huracan for an LCF and Urus.
Interior luxury wise (and exterior styling wise), you are right. Albeit, I still get insane levels of complements on my RCF as everyone gawks around it. I never could have imagined. However, having driven the '14 IS350 F-Sport, RC350 F Sport, E90 M3 sedan (6 speed manual) before the RCF, RCF driving dynamics wise, is head and shoulders above those. With slight alignment changes, it becomes very rear biased with minimal understeer (which the torque vectoring differential easily corrects). The chassis and suspension rigidity combined with good tire pressures, make the car have minimal body roll. I went in with the negative press I had read about the RCF, but completely was blown away when the seller pushed it to the limits in turns and showed how it did not understeer while hanging the tail out easily.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-15-17 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-15-17, 12:51 PM
Hoppean
Driver

What is it that makes you doubt the release of the LCF?
Old 10-15-17, 02:29 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Price (rumored price anyways), market, etc. I'd hate to see the LCF become Lexus's NSX.
Old 10-15-17, 07:00 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Yes, just purchased an RCF just two weeks ago. I could not be happier. Just bursting with joy. The car is absolutely magnificent and exceeds my very high expectations in every way despite all the negative press it got.

Congrats man. So happy you finally scored one. You have been talking about even since I have been on here. Lol, at dude feeling the need to put down RCFs right after you are talking about how happy you are to get one . . . I'd personally take the RCF even if they were the same price. At one time, I was going to hold out for the LF-LC. Someone close to me on the inside said 600 hp, forced induction around the same price as a Porsche turbo and it was referred to as LF-LC back then.
Old 10-15-17, 07:19 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DougHII
Congrats man. So happy you finally scored one. You have been talking about even since I have been on here. Lol, at dude feeling the need to put down RCFs right after you are talking about how happy you are to get one . . . I'd personally take the RCF even if they were the same price. At one time, I was going to hold out for the LF-LC. Someone close to me on the inside said 600 hp, forced induction around the same price as a Porsche turbo and it was referred to as LF-LC back then.
Thanks.

You are right, I had been waiting for all of the stars to align for a couple of years. I had asked you about child seat etc. and now I have a Graco child seat and it works like magic in the back. Hope you are enjoying your M4.

A lot has been said about the RCF weight, but I love how it shirnks around the driver when pushed hard especially with TVD in track mode. My alignment is slightly different (toe out a bit) and dialed in the tire pressure to 37 psi back and 36 psi front. Feels super sharp and light on its feet with very little body roll (which means the weight stays near the middle).

p.s. LCF still might be in the horizons. I believe it will happen and it will probably make around 600 HP. Let's see.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-15-17 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-16-17, 03:55 AM
Hoppean
Driver

Price (rumored price anyways), market, etc. I'd hate to see the LCF become Lexus's NSX.
My dealer said something similar, as in he's sure they're going to make it eventually but less sure whether it's going to be a production car. I think it would make sense to put it up against the GT-R Nismo, 911 Turbo, NSX or AMG GT C/R, which are all roughly in the same ballpark price and performance wise.
Old 10-16-17, 06:56 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks.

You are right, I had been waiting for all of the stars to align for a couple of years. I had asked you about child seat etc. and now I have a Graco child seat and it works like magic in the back. Hope you are enjoying your M4.

A lot has been said about the RCF weight, but I love how it shirnks around the driver when pushed hard especially with TVD in track mode. My alignment is slightly different (toe out a bit) and dialed in the tire pressure to 37 psi back and 36 psi front. Feels super sharp and light on its feet with very little body roll (which means the weight stays near the middle).

p.s. LCF still might be in the horizons. I believe it will happen and it will probably make around 600 HP. Let's see.
Went M3 4 door route. Looking to dump it already. I stopped driving it in May after I picked up a DB11 and wife got an older 997.2 cabriolet for the summer. I spend more time driving her old Porsche than I do the F80. The F80 even with ZCP is juts not doing it for me anymore. Wife and I were talking about this the other night and she was commenting on how much she loved to drive the RCF and was talking about a white LC in this area. I think I may dump the F80 for the new face lift Maserati GT cabriolet coming out in 2018. While not the fastest, I love the way they sound, look and drive as GT cruiser work commuter. Would only have one new and under warranty though. Still waiting to see what the LCF will look like and what they do with it performance wise.

BTW, I love the Molten Pearl and would only go the Molten Pearl. Orange takes what can be rather benign and subdued looking into the really cool, gotta have bad **** realm. I like the LC in all black and the guy with the black after market wheels on black is the one LC look that intrigues me. Kinda got the bad **** bat mobile look.

Last edited by DougHII; 10-16-17 at 07:00 AM.
Old 10-16-17, 06:07 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Not to hijack the thread

Yes, you are right. Orange is an absolutely phenomenal color. I am so glad I got it. It is very rare in my city. The only colors I was open to were, liquid platinum, space grey and molten pearl. White, black were an absolute no for me. I was fine with blue and red. I am glad my first choice especially with the carbon package is what I got. The wheels on the non-carbon package are the 20 spoke wheels, which are not my cup of tea. These 10 split spoke are only offered here with the carbon package so it ended up working out very well.

Color wise, yes molten pearl really makes the RCF stand out. I believe the styling of the car has to be aggressive for the Orange color to look great. For example, a Toyota Camry or Honda Civic would look comical in orange pearl because it does not work with that type of styling. RCF with the power dome, bulges and muscular stance, really looks great in this color.

Congrats on your DB11. Sorry to hear about your F80 M3. I am not surprised as there were lots of used F80 M3 available (far more than RCFs) in my city for similar price, but I never entertained the idea of getting an F80 M3. The reason was the character of the engine, sound, response etc. For me, driving experience was the first and foremost and the second was styling, interior, exterior. I personally found RCF to be meeting my requirements the best. I also considered 2013 E90 M3 as well for a while alongside the RCF, but eventually dropped the idea in favor of RCF (at the cost of living with 2 doors, which as it turns out is not a big compromise). Both engines have similar character of top rpm heavy power delivery. However, driving both, RCF had a much more linear powerband from 3000 rpm onwards than the E90 M3 and pulled much harder especially from 5000 - 7350 rpm or so. Handling dynamics wise, RCF also had a significant edge over the E90 M3. RCF also felt much quicker. Engine sound wise, I would give both of them a tie. I loved the sound of both. Also, the RCF is something I can keep practically forever while I would have had to sell the E90 M3 after a few years.

Originally Posted by DougHII
Went M3 4 door route. Looking to dump it already. I stopped driving it in May after I picked up a DB11 and wife got an older 997.2 cabriolet for the summer. I spend more time driving her old Porsche than I do the F80. The F80 even with ZCP is juts not doing it for me anymore. Wife and I were talking about this the other night and she was commenting on how much she loved to drive the RCF and was talking about a white LC in this area. I think I may dump the F80 for the new face lift Maserati GT cabriolet coming out in 2018. While not the fastest, I love the way they sound, look and drive as GT cruiser work commuter. Would only have one new and under warranty though. Still waiting to see what the LCF will look like and what they do with it performance wise.

BTW, I love the Molten Pearl and would only go the Molten Pearl. Orange takes what can be rather benign and subdued looking into the really cool, gotta have bad **** realm. I like the LC in all black and the guy with the black after market wheels on black is the one LC look that intrigues me. Kinda got the bad **** bat mobile look.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-16-17 at 06:14 PM.