Search this Thread

Old 01-26-18, 01:52 PM
Hoppean
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
I make sure people are aware I’m driving a Camry

https://instagram.com/p/BUlAQUOgEeo/

Im just not a Lexus homer. Far as I’m concerned the ISF was and still is the best all around car they have. New stuff falls short of the competition and the styling is HIGHLY subjective. That is all.
You actually made the effort to have this oh so ironic number plate made just because someone mistook your ISF for a Camry? You shouldn’t let things get to you so much.
Old 01-26-18, 07:44 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

I had it made as a joke. Clearly over some people’s heads lol.
Old 01-27-18, 10:57 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Lol. The RCF if one of the ugliest cars made since the Pontiac Aztec. You all si a s
They tried to mimic the aggressive styling of the European brands by making it WAY beyond reasonable. Lexus has embraced predator face...
thats an extreme subjective opinion.

most cars stock are "ugly" mostly due to ride height and offsets of wheels. i think this is the reason why most bmw cars are easy on the eyes. bmw does very well for a factory car
but i can be easy on the eyes. Toyota/Lexus are notorious for wheel gaps and sunk wheels.

I can look at car and know its a good looking car body wise. usually thats whats i look for when i buy a car, knowing it can look good at every angle after a bit of modifying . RCF is def not ugly. its just futuristic and it will still look like a new body style car in 10 years.

i saw the potential in my ISF and now RCF. ISF was kind of ugly with its 4x4 stock look. but was beautiful with a small drop.

Trust me, I'm not one of those guys who puts on whatever and if someone doesnt like it, i say its my car and i can do whatever i want. I try to keep it classy and universally liked by most people but of course not everyone will no matter what.

you can't tell me this is universally a good looking car to most people?

Old 01-27-18, 12:39 PM
FFM
Racer

Back half is glorious. They lost me with those weird headlights. With ISF headlights and they kept the rest the same I would actually like it.

Kind of like seeing a smoking hot woman with jacked teeth haha.
The following users liked this post:
ISFPOWER (01-27-18)
Old 01-27-18, 03:19 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Back half is glorious. They lost me with those weird headlights. With ISF headlights and they kept the rest the same I would actually like it.

Kind of like seeing a smoking hot woman with jacked teeth haha.
haha, kind of know what you mean but its just aggressive. i will ask you again in in a couple of year.s i think it will grow on you.

ISF has classic lines. i still miss mine a lot.
Old 01-27-18, 05:02 PM
FFM
Racer

I’ll eat my hat if in a couple years I buy one lol.
Old 01-28-18, 11:15 AM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 8spd
The Lexus design of late as been really polarizing with arguably some hits, but mostly misses. You own one, so of course there might be some confirmation bias there.

Also, people usually don't go out of their way to tell the owner that his/her car is ugly. So, while you might have indeed received some compliments from people, perhaps there are even more people that dislike the RC F design but chose to say nothing to you. Personally, I think the RC F design is hideous.

Back to the LC, they certainly added some fluidity to the design. But why does the car have to be so heavy. I don't see the LC F being a strong performer due to weight.
My 2012 GT-R with just two bolt-ons ran a 10.7@127 it weighed 4085 lbs with just me as driver in the car and was only making 550whp. Granted the GT-R has AWD and a DCT the LC500 given the same power should be low 11's easy and a 0-60 in the low 3's. While the LC500 is only making roughly 390whp with about 360 lb ft of torque it's no slouch by any means. I had a friends FBO GT-R struggle to catch and pass me upon going down an access road. I was in front of him when the light turned green and he was directly behind me when we left equally WOT. That speaks volumes right there.
Old 01-29-18, 09:05 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Hopefully it looks something like this.
Attached Thumbnails LC F coming with V8 4.0 twin turbo.-4db04f75-2307-4c26-a718-2d0563b51726.jpeg  
Old 01-29-18, 09:54 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

^^ it looks good with a spoiler. looks like the vert is coming out next. hopefully the exterior design doesnt deviate too much from the coupe as with the 2IS and the convertible coupe

source: https://www.autoblog.com/2018/01/27/...vertible-lc-f/
Old 01-29-18, 11:37 AM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by G Star
From my observations, it is very normal to see owners of previous generations dump on current or upcoming generations of the same model. The feeling of behind left behind with old designs and technology really bothers a lot of people and its totally understandable human behavior.

I think the F-Sport sales speak for themselves taking up large chunks of overall model sales. People are paying more for the more aggressive designs because let's face it, they're not paying more just for better handling and the F-Sport badge.
You can't even compare an LC500 to a GSF, RCF, or ISF for a simple reason: They are different class cars.
The following users liked this post:
Zeitaku (01-29-18)
Old 01-29-18, 12:15 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FFM
Cost of LC500 + supercharger and supporting mods = superior 911 with a warranty.
2018 LC500 with tax title and license + supercharger, supporting mods, tune and labor with 730hp / 630 lb. ft. = $130K (exclusivity in ownership)
2018 Porsche 911 Turbo S base 580hp / 516 lb. ft. = $226K (just a dime a dozen on the street)
2018 Porsche 911 Turbo S "Exclusive" 607 hp = $267K (exclusivity yet still possesses same boring body design for last 30 years)
Old 01-29-18, 01:57 PM
FFM
Racer

HP doesn’t mean much. Cayman S stomps a lot of “faster” cars on track. I bet the comparably priced GTS, which is offered as a manual, would destroy the LC500 at any power level. But who cares at this point. This car doesn’t sound like it will exist so topic has gone off track.
Old 01-29-18, 07:25 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Talking

Originally Posted by FFM
HP doesn’t mean much. Cayman S stomps a lot of “faster” cars on track. I bet the comparably priced GTS, which is offered as a manual, would destroy the LC500 at any power level. But who cares at this point. This car doesn’t sound like it will exist so topic has gone off track.
The LC-F may not come into production but I can assure you there will be a few SC LC500 very soon with over 700hp to start. HKS, Greddy, Apexi and Tom's are all in R&D for SC and TT kits, and mods for it now. Not sure why you are pitting these Porsche models against the LC500 as the LC500 wasn't designed for a track rather as a grand tourer. I'm willing to bet when I have a SC kit installed that I will humble some Porsche for sure. Besides, 911, GTS, GT2, GT3, etc. etc.. all look the same to most people and have been quite dated nothing exclusive about them and they're quite boring to drive. If you want to put dents into any man's ego who arrives at a track with any production car simply show up with a Shifter Kart that has a CBR1000RR Fireblade motor in it and you will make anyone on the track your *****. That set up alone destroys 1300whp 911 TT's ALL DAY. Lots of video on Youtube too.
Old 01-29-18, 09:08 PM
FFM
Racer

True. LC500 is just a luxury coupe. Guess you would have to compare it to a Mercedes or something.
Old 01-30-18, 09:32 AM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeitaku
The LC-F may not come into production but I can assure you there will be a few SC LC500 very soon with over 700hp to start. HKS, Greddy, Apexi and Tom's are all in R&D for SC and TT kits, and mods for it now. Not sure why you are pitting these Porsche models against the LC500 as the LC500 wasn't designed for a track rather as a grand tourer. I'm willing to bet when I have a SC kit installed that I will humble some Porsche for sure. Besides, 911, GTS, GT2, GT3, etc. etc.. all look the same to most people and have been quite dated nothing exclusive about them and they're quite boring to drive. If you want to put dents into any man's ego who arrives at a track with any production car simply show up with a Shifter Kart that has a CBR1000RR Fireblade motor in it and you will make anyone on the track your *****. That set up alone destroys 1300whp 911 TT's ALL DAY. Lots of video on Youtube too.
While I agree with your stance on LC500 being in a different class compared to Porsche, I don't agree with the "boring to drive" factor.

And as for ego bruising, I think Tesla is a better way to show because it is an actual road-legal production vehicle as opposed to these specialized vehicle (such as a gutted Civic with 1500hp and slicks/skinny tires).

Quick Reply: LC F coming with V8 4.0 twin turbo.