LC Model (2018-present)

LC F coming with V8 4.0 twin turbo.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-18, 08:37 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,014 Likes on 2,431 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
From my observations, it is very normal to see owners of previous generations dump on current or upcoming generations of the same model. The feeling of behind left behind with old designs and technology really bothers a lot of people and its totally understandable human behavior.

I think the F-Sport sales speak for themselves taking up large chunks of overall model sales. People are paying more for the more aggressive designs because let's face it, they're not paying more just for better handling and the F-Sport badge.
As an owner of both an IS F and a GS F, I think this comment (in bold added by me) lacks perspective. I drive both the old and the new regularly - I can pick either when I walk in the garage. I like driving the IS F better, period. Seats are better, driving dynamics are better, tires don't get greasy as fast under track conditions, and yes indeed, I could easily have replaced the IS F by now but have not because it is closer to what I like than the overweight cars Lexus is producing today.
Old 02-01-18, 08:34 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

Spoke to Lexus this morning about other LC500 related topics and had asked about this alleged LC-F that was suppose to be in the mix somewhere down the road whether this year or in the next few years. I was told that there are no such plans in motion despite Toyota filing a trademark for the name LC-F along with many other acronyms early last year. Lexus just did an event at one of our local race tracks with several LC500's with professional drivers from all over the world who were demonstrating the car to sales and tech personal for the dealership. There was no mention of any scheduling, plans or a release date of an LC-F 4.0L V8 twin turbo version of the LC500 by any of the Toyota/Lexus senior advisors who were there. Stated to be confirmed rumors and gossip from a few car culture publications who spread the rumors online.

Personally I think it would be financial suicide to release a new LC500 model with over 130 more hp than the premier model that hasn't been out for 9 months yet. Who in the hell would buy the 2018 LC500 N/A if there was a TT model out as well? I can understand if a new model had slight variances but these rumors were leading to a 4.0L V8 TT with 580-620hp. These kind of numbers would change the performance of the LC500 significantly. The LC500 with 600hp would put it somewhere in the low 3 second 0-60 and probably do the 1/4 in somewhere around 11.7 range which is a bit better compared to the N/A with 471hp running a 4.4 0-60 and running a 13.1 1/4 mile.

I hope they don't come out with an LC-F anytime soon and keep the production numbers on the LC500 low so the rest of us can enjoy some exclusivity even if just for a few years for Christ's sake. It would suck to be lined up with 20 other LC500's at a Cars and Coffee event. You simply become another number at that point. Last time I was at a Cars and Coffee there were a dozen Lamborghini's and 10 Ferraris at least. People glanced for a second and wandered off. The nostalgia has worn off on the majority of us seeing the classic exotic cars now as there are too many being made now. Okay rant done /
Old 02-01-18, 09:03 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

People but non AMG Mercedes left and right... even with a dominate AMG model available. It’s the difference in style and taste. Not everyone wants a full performance vehicle. The LC500 is just a luxury coupe. Think people are putting this thing on a pedestal it wasn’t meant to stand on.
Old 02-01-18, 09:23 PM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

Lexus needs a halo car for the brand. The LC-F would make for a perfect halo car. Hopefully the next generation GS design team takes some of the LC’s design elements and uses them to make a ultra sexy Japanese alternative to the CLS, 6er Gran Coupé and A7 etc. Lexus spent a lot of money developing the newly birthed GA-L platform. In order to make a solid business case for the billion or two the probably spent on developing this architecture they already decided they would produce cars like the IS, GS, LS-F and LC-F. They need to make more volume bread and butter vehicles off this platform in order to see any type of return on their investment the LS and LC aren’t going to be huge sellers and Lexus knew that when they created them.
Old 02-01-18, 09:31 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FFM
People but non AMG Mercedes left and right... even with a dominate AMG model available. It’s the difference in style and taste. Not everyone wants a full performance vehicle. The LC500 is just a luxury coupe. Think people are putting this thing on a pedestal it wasn’t meant to stand on.
When a company offers a car with close to 500hp it definitely falls into some sort of performance category. Toyota/ Lexus hasn't had a real winner since the LFA and the TT MKIV Supra prior. So the LC500 is the next best thing for the Toyota/Lexus brand currently. IMHO I think the LC500 looks better than the LFA and the LC500 despite being heavier of a car makes more torque lower in the rpm band than the LFA with 2 less cylinders and a price tag that is $275K less. Quite impressive!
Old 02-01-18, 09:41 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Originally Posted by highrev6
Lexus needs a halo car for the brand. The LC-F would make for a perfect halo car. Hopefully the next generation GS design team takes some of the LC’s design elements and uses them to make a ultra sexy Japanese alternative to the CLS, 6er Gran Coupé and A7 etc. Lexus spent a lot of money developing the newly birthed GA-L platform. In order to make a solid business case for the billion or two the probably spent on developing this architecture they already decided they would produce cars like the IS, GS, LS-F and LC-F. They need to make more volume bread and butter vehicles off this platform in order to see any type of return on their investment the LS and LC aren’t going to be huge sellers and Lexus knew that when they created them.
The LC500 is Lexus's halo car at the moment lol. Nancy Hubbell, senior communications manager at Lexus stated that Lexus were aiming to sell 400 LC500 units per month and that the plant can produce up to 500 per month. These are bold numbers to simply throw around during an interview unless of course they have a major campaign strategically implemented like putting the car in a movie...(cough) to uh hum... sell that many. I don't think they'll hit even 200 per month but we shall see. Where I'm located they're more rare than a GT-R.
The following users liked this post:
uchujin (02-03-18)
Old 05-29-18, 03:24 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Per Car and Driver: 600HP $200k price tag

Last edited by Diesel350; 05-29-18 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-29-18, 04:37 PM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 146 Likes on 98 Posts

Saw that too. 2022 model! LOL. Here's the link:
https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...er-less-weight

Last edited by uchujin; 05-29-18 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-29-18, 07:02 PM
Walloon
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Waiting for delivery of my LC500 with performance pack and all the options. I have a Jaguar XKRS, sound alone is worth the car. Have had five porsches. Still have my first 1986 911 track car, promised to my daughter. Nothing like a Porsche! However, There's one on every corner, (mustangs, corvettes, and camaro's) LC500 exclusivity and modern styling. Naturally aspirated engine. Great sound, tech. I am going to love it. Also, have an Audi S7. I drive all the cars every week . All different, all great!
Old 05-30-18, 03:44 AM
LCInfrared
Rookie

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Sales of the LC 500 have averaged around 335 cars per month for North America and Europe combined (Doesn't publish Asian market sales). My point is that I don't see Lexus coming out with an LC-F if the ''base'' model can't even achieve their targeted 400+ monthly volume to start with.

http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales...exus/lexus-lc/

Last edited by LCInfrared; 05-30-18 at 03:53 AM.
Old 05-31-18, 10:18 AM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 318 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by LCInfrared
Sales of the LC 500 have averaged around 335 cars per month for North America and Europe combined (Doesn't publish Asian market sales). My point is that I don't see Lexus coming out with an LC-F if the ''base'' model can't even achieve their targeted 400+ monthly volume to start with.

http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales...exus/lexus-lc/
Agreed - unless they are willing to lose revenue as they did on the LF-A.