LC Model (2018-present)

Tom's exhaust - video

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-18, 11:25 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Tom's exhaust - video

Just picked up #3 of 4 Tom's Exhaust for the 2017+ LC500. Got some video of this beauty out of the box for everyone to see. Purchased at Apexi USA. The quality is amazing. Installing tomorrow.

Old 02-05-18, 07:29 AM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 146 Likes on 98 Posts

Just curious - The LC comes equipped from the factory with equipment that transmits varying exhaust notes (depending on drive mode, rpm, etc.) into the cabin via the speakers. Is the equipment that makes that possible compatible with an after-market exhaust system like this, or does that capability just get defeated?
Old 02-05-18, 08:29 AM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Originally Posted by uchujin
Just curious - The LC comes equipped from the factory with equipment that transmits varying exhaust notes (depending on drive mode, rpm, etc.) into the cabin via the speakers. Is the equipment that makes that possible compatible with an after-market exhaust system like this, or does that capability just get defeated?
Great question. With this particular cat-back exhaust the control valves will be removed as they are part of the stock cat-back. The wires that actuate the different exhaust modes to the stock control valves will be unplugged and zip tied underneath the car. So essentially you will be running the car's exhaust sound in Sport S+ all the time. NOTE*** This will not effect your ECU or your different driving mode's other parameters or features such as Sport S, Normal, Comfort or ECO modes. I'm having the kit installed today. I will take video and post it later tonight.

Last edited by Zeitaku; 02-05-18 at 08:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
guanche2k9 (02-05-18)
Old 02-05-18, 09:48 AM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

I'd like to hear what It sounds like. Any horsepower increase?

Thanks,

Craig
Old 02-05-18, 10:37 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 696 Likes on 612 Posts

Awesome, its going to sound great!!

Let us know if you want a Tom's body kit to finish it off with that exhaust. We have some coming in soon!!!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Zeitaku (02-05-18)
Old 02-05-18, 08:27 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Craig B (02-07-18)
Old 02-05-18, 08:30 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Craig B
I'd like to hear what It sounds like. Any horsepower increase?

Thanks,

Craig
Old 08-14-19, 12:04 PM
calgold06
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeitaku
Great question. With this particular cat-back exhaust the control valves will be removed as they are part of the stock cat-back. The wires that actuate the different exhaust modes to the stock control valves will be unplugged and zip tied underneath the car. So essentially you will be running the car's exhaust sound in Sport S+ all the time. NOTE*** This will not effect your ECU or your different driving mode's other parameters or features such as Sport S, Normal, Comfort or ECO modes. I'm having the kit installed today. I will take video and post it later tonight.
Did you end up posting video or details of removing exhaust valve wires?
Old 08-14-19, 06:49 PM
robdinero
Driver

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by calgold06
Did you end up posting video or details of removing exhaust valve wires?
I have this set up and I believe the wires are just unplugged from the original system and tied up to stay tucked out of the way. As the original poster said there are no ill affects when removing the wires. The cold start is also the same, starts loud and rumbly then idles down a little quieter although the TOMs system has a deeper tone than stock.
Old 08-15-19, 05:45 AM
SuperGT
Pole Position

Received 148 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by robdinero
I have this set up and I believe the wires are just unplugged from the original system and tied up to stay tucked out of the way. As the original poster said there are no ill affects when removing the wires. The cold start is also the same, starts loud and rumbly then idles down a little quieter although the TOMs system has a deeper tone than stock.
I Agree. Removal of the wires is very straight forward and there are no codes or lights generated by it. I covered the connector ends with electrical tape and held them in place with tie-wraps. Idle sound is the same but you will now get the 3,000+ rpm sound (when valve flaps fully open during acceleration in sport+) all the time. Compression downshifts also create more pop and a few backfires on occasion. My apologies to Zeitaku for highjacking his thread for a short time. Now back to Tom's...