LC Model (2018-present)

Front camera

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-19, 06:39 AM
runner44
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for great video. I missed the part of changing the setup to enable navigation in motion. Please describe.
Old 02-27-19, 06:58 AM
runner44
Driver School Candidate

My installer watched this video. He did the install of my similar front camera in a much simpler way. For details contact Sean-owner of Car Tunes 1140 East Bay Drive, Largo, FL. 727 586-1100.
The following 2 users liked this post by runner44:
guanche2k9 (02-27-19), JONPRON (02-27-19)
Old 03-03-19, 06:04 PM
SAVLC500
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hoonose
Anyone install a front camera on this baby? I don't find that the front sensors are very useful for curbs. I actually would love birds eye view, as I have on my Highlander. At least my Corvette trade in had a front camera.
I’m getting a front camera installed soon by a local hi end audio dealer. I found and they also agreed to using a harness by Beatsonic. It integrates into the NAV system harness and you can activate via switch and uses the main display, no need for separate monitor. The only drawback is the amount of labor involved and the incredible amount of panels that have to be removed to get the harness in. I’m also having them install the Beatsonic NAV/DVD in motion bypass module since they’re taking apart the dash, lets you operate NAV functions and play DVD’s while car is in motion.
Old 03-03-19, 06:42 PM
hoonose
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by SAVLC500
I’m getting a front camera installed soon by a local hi end audio dealer. I found and they also agreed to using a harness by Beatsonic. It integrates into the NAV system harness and you can activate via switch and uses the main display, no need for separate monitor. The only drawback is the amount of labor involved and the incredible amount of panels that have to be removed to get the harness in. I’m also having them install the Beatsonic NAV/DVD in motion bypass module since they’re taking apart the dash, lets you operate NAV functions and play DVD’s while car is in motion.
I'm in a small town, so installation here is iffy. I figured about $800-1000 to do what you're having done, and decided against it.

A wireless video might avoid much of the tearing down work needed. Less invasive, though maybe not integrated. Could be way cheaper. I might look into it...
Old 03-03-19, 06:47 PM
SAVLC500
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have seen at Costco recently a license plate holder with built in camera, it is wireless and runs on batteries. Comes with display. It’s intended use is as a backup camera for cars without one but no reason why it can’t be used as a front camera as well making for the least invasive solution I can think of
Old 03-04-19, 05:46 AM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 318 Likes on 182 Posts

I'm in a small town, so installation here is iffy. I figured about $800-1000 to do what you're having done, and decided against it.

A wireless video might avoid much of the tearing down work needed. Less invasive, though maybe not integrated. Could be way cheaper. I might look into it...
If you find anything that's completely wireless (with use of batteries), that connects to your phone screen (or any other screen possibly supplied by product), please let us know. License plate holder isn't a viable solution - especially if the law here doesn't require it....
Old 03-04-19, 06:28 AM
runner44
Driver School Candidate

If you have the front camera Beat Sonic harness install for just the front camera without the Nav over ride, the installation is much simpler and my dealer charged me $600. They do not have to mess with all those panels shown in the video. I spoke to Beat Sonic and they said that you also need to purchase another part in addition to the harness for the Nav. part and the Nav. install is what involves removing all those panels.
Old 03-04-19, 06:34 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

Originally Posted by guanche2k9
If you find anything that's completely wireless (with use of batteries), that connects to your phone screen (or any other screen possibly supplied by product), please let us know. License plate holder isn't a viable solution - especially if the law here doesn't require it....
I looked last night and found some cheap options, mainly small wireless cameras that link to the cell phone. They cannot be integrated with the car screen without tearing into the car. I'm still looking, as I think what I want is out there.
I need a tiny camera, then how and where to mount. Then how inconvenient it would be to use the cell phone while parking.

My Vette trade in wasn't totally convenient, as you had to go to reverse first, then forward under 6 mph see see the front camera while parking.

My Highlander is total cool with birds eye view. Under 6 mph it shows the complete and detailed 360 visual field. I was significantly disappointed that the LC did not have birds eye view.

I'm still looking....
The following users liked this post:
guanche2k9 (03-04-19)
Old 03-04-19, 06:36 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

Originally Posted by runner44
If you have the front camera Beat Sonic harness install for just the front camera without the Nav over ride, the installation is much simpler and my dealer charged me $600. They do not have to mess with all those panels shown in the video. I spoke to Beat Sonic and they said that you also need to purchase another part in addition to the harness for the Nav. part and the Nav. install is what involves removing all those panels.
I think that's about right. I had remote start installed on my Highlander locally and that was about what it cost for labor. But locally I have to deal with inexperience.
Old 03-09-19, 04:57 PM
bman2723
Driver

Received 66 Likes on 30 Posts

I had the Front Parking Camera (front Beat Sonic) installed today with Thinkware front and Rear Dash Camera

Please enjoy attached photos fro reference

The following 3 users liked this post by bman2723:
guanche2k9 (03-10-19), JONPRON (03-10-19), Puertex (03-10-19)
Old 03-26-19, 05:53 PM
Cryokid
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Install a Curb Alert instead of a Front Camera

In addition to my LC500 I'm fortunate to also own a 2014 Z51 Corvette Convertible. Early versions of the C7 didn't come with a front camera so I just installed a Curb Alert which works very well and has saved my front spoiler several times. It's an easy DIY install that only takes about an hour to complete and is far cheaper ($130 to $150) than most camera options. This will be going on my LC shortly.

Here's an Amazon Link:

Amazon Amazon
The following users liked this post:
JONPRON (03-26-19)
Old 03-26-19, 07:12 PM
hoonose
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Cryokid
In addition to my LC500 I'm fortunate to also own a 2014 Z51 Corvette Convertible. Early versions of the C7 didn't come with a front camera so I just installed a Curb Alert which works very well and has saved my front spoiler several times. It's an easy DIY install that only takes about an hour to complete and is far cheaper ($130 to $150) than most camera options. This will be going on my LC shortly.

Here's an Amazon Link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FK0NEYO..._t2_B01EXM5P82
What does this do that the built in sensors don't do?

I'm still looking for a wireless mini camera that simply links to my cell phone. I've mostly trained myself to back in now. Except today I had to diagonally park and had a hard time.
Old 03-26-19, 11:17 PM
Cryokid
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What does this do that the built in sensors don't do?

I'm still looking for a wireless mini camera that simply links to my cell phone. I've mostly trained myself to back in now. Except today I had to diagonally park and had a hard time.
You mount the sensor on the front of the car (don't mount it under the car as some videos show since it can get hit with a low curb when you're pulling into a driveway). You aim it so it sees the curb and emits a beeping sound to let you know it is getting close to the curb. The sensors built into the car are set-up to sense other cars or your front garage wall and aren't aimed low enough to see the curb in typical parking spots.
Old 03-27-19, 06:14 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Cryokid
You mount the sensor on the front of the car (don't mount it under the car as some videos show since it can get hit with a low curb when you're pulling into a driveway). You aim it so it sees the curb and emits a beeping sound to let you know it is getting close to the curb. The sensors built into the car are set-up to sense other cars or your front garage wall and aren't aimed low enough to see the curb in typical parking spots.
Thank you. That was my impression. I need to get a spotter and do some curb height/distance experimentation.
Old 04-01-19, 06:46 AM
runner44
Driver School Candidate

I had a curb alert on my RCF and although considerably cheaper than the front camera there is no comparison. There is no guess work with the camera and it has the added advantage of being a rear camera when needed without having to put car in reverse. Living on the beach with swales in the roads and speed humps, I hit the curb alert sensor on many occassons.

Quick Reply: Front camera