How ClubLexus Was Involved In My New LC 500

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-19, 01:34 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Received 337 Likes on 156 Posts
Default Wheel Difference

Originally Posted by isfvss
Yes the wheels do look small, how do you find the size difference of the cars.
At this time, it’s too early to feel the difference. They both drive great.
Old 07-01-19, 04:04 PM
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by docboy
OP, congratz on your purchase!

Lexus of Seattle is a good dealership, fair pricing and they seem willing to negotiate; much better than the snob of Lexus of Bellevue. Wife and I got both of our Lexus at L of S the past few years.

Looking forward to more of your experience with the LC and RC-F. Are the LC and RC both of your vehicles? Do you alternate daily these cars, or is one of the them your weekend fun car?
Nice to hear, the Seattle dealer has a great reputation, so nice to see it backed up on the forum.
Old 07-03-19, 09:18 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default LC Seats

All of the LC models that I looked at had cloth inserts with leather. I’m not a fan of cloth seats because they are more prone for damage(stains, and such). I ended up with the Touring Package and to my surprise, the seats are all leather, no cloth. Seat material is almost identical to my RCF including the pattern of the stitching. I don’t know about other LC owners, but I was very happy when it came in.

LC Sport and Performance Package’s with cloth seat inserts

LC Touring Package with leather inserts

My LC Touring Package seat bottom

My RCF seat bottom
Old 07-03-19, 09:41 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,949 Likes on 1,372 Posts

^^^^It's not really cloth it's Alcantara, a man made suede material. Those seats come with the Sport and the Performance Packages. The Touring Package comes with Semi-Aniline leather. The Base Model seats are regular leather.

Alcantara:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcantara_(material)

Semi-Aniline Leather:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aniline_leather

But, I'm with you. When looking for my LC, I spurned all Models with the Sport Package. I did not want Alcantara in the wear areas of my seats. I also sought out and have the Touring Package. It was no surprise to me, since I knew what I was looking for.

BTW, are you aware that the headliner material that comes with the Touring Package is Alcantara?

Edit - And just to add, the 2020 RC F Track Edition comes with Alcantara seats. That stuff is supposed to hold you in the seats better in spirited maneuvers. However, as I say above, it's NOT for me!

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 07-04-19 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-04-19, 02:18 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^It's not really cloth it's Alcantara, a man made suede material. Those seats come with the Sport and the Performance Packages. The Touring Package comes with Semi-Aniline leather. The Base Model seats are regular leather.

Alcantara:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcantara_(material)

Semi-Aniline Leather:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aniline_leather

But, I'm with you. When looking for my LC, I spurned all Models with the Sport Package. I did not want Alcantara in the wear areas of my seats. I also sought out and have the Touring Package. It was no surprise to me, since I knew what I was looking for.

BTW, are you aware that the headliner material that comes with the Touring Package is Alcantara?

Edit - And just to add, the 2020 RC F Track Edition comes with Alcantara seats. That stuff is supposed to hold you in the seats better in spirited maneuvers. However, as I say above, it's NOT for me!

Lou
Thanks for the heads up. I had that type of leather in my 2001 IS. It wears too much although it is comfortable. I actually was going to get a RCF Track Edition and the seat material was one of many reasons to keep my current RCF and purchase an LC. I wanted the performance package on the LC because I like the functional rear spoiler. My LC has the optional carbon fiber package which includes a fixed rear spoiler. It also has the year round tires. More of a GT car than a track car where as my RCF has the sticker Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires that wear faster. Now an LC owner for 5 weeks my only complaint is that I miss actual switches and buttons to control simple tasks as seat cooler/heat controls, heated steering wheel, has to go through the infotainment center. Too much technology but I’m sure that I will get used to it.
Old 07-04-19, 04:10 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^I actually did not want the Performance Package. The rear wheel steering is just added mechanics I didn't want to deal with. My LC has the 20" forged wheels with Bridgestone RF street rubber. I have a set of 21" gloss black Vossens on order. My PSS4 are at Discount Tire waiting for the wheels. They are 255/40/21 and 295/35/21 in NON RFT. I also have the Carbon Fiber spoiler. It goes well with the Cavier color. And yes, coming up to speed with the infotainment system will be a challenge for this old man. My biggest gripe however is - why no map pockets on the seat backs Seems like something that is easy to do My ISF had them. I kept my window shades in there. Also no roof mounted sun glass holder???

Lou
The following users liked this post:
Discount Tire (07-05-19)
Old 07-04-19, 06:59 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default Lou

^^^^I actually did not want the Performance Package. The rear wheel steering is just added mechanics I didn't want to deal with. My LC has the 20" forged wheels with Bridgestone RF street rubber. I have a set of 21" gloss black Vossens on order. My PSS4 are at Discount Tire waiting for the wheels. They are 255/40/21 and 295/35/21 in NON RFT. I also have the Carbon Fiber spoiler. It goes well with the Cavier color. And yes, coming up to speed with the infotainment system will be a challenge for this old man. My biggest gripe however is - why no map pockets on the seat backs Seems like something that is easy to do My ISF had them. I kept my window shades in there. Also no roof mounted sun glass holder???

Lou
I forgot about the rear steering. I too did not want to mess with the rear steering. Like my RCF, I didn’t order it with the TVD rear axle, instead I chose the standard limited slip Torsen, a proven reliable and great rear end. I see that you had an ISF, what year? I traded in my 2008 ISF for my RCF. When I traded it in 1/28/15 it had only 6,330 miles on the odometer. I find my RCF way more fun to drive than the ISF as I have 9000 miles on it now. As far as the LC, I’m very pleased with the Touring package and the optional equipment. I like the glass roof too, just wish it opened. I didn’t get the performance package on my RCF because I wanted a sunroof. By the way, the performance package costs more insurance too, at least with State Farm. Be sure to send a photo or two of your LC with it’s new shoes.
Old 07-04-19, 09:51 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^2008 ISF. Sold it yesterday. Having clear film put on the front end tomorrow, window tint this coming tuesday. Headers and exhaust probably next month.

My ISF had full bolt-ons and base RCF wheels with 255/35/19 and 295/30/19 Bridgestone S-04 tires. Also had USRS on the front and an F-Sport rear sway bar. I owned it for almost 11 years. With the mods it was a GREAT handling car and fun to drive. IMHO, the stock ISF was way undertired and underwheeled. When the new owner rolled it out of my garage it had 50,010 miles on it.

BTW, the LC is not available with TVD. Mine also has the LSD.

And, I also have State Farm.

Lou
RCFGrandpa (07-05-19)
Old 07-05-19, 07:22 AM
bob67
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

You guys are really making it difficult for me... Was thinking of selling my RCF for a LC-500, but now, considering just keeping my RCF (probably won't give me enough for it anyway). Thanks for all the good information. Don't know yet if the LC is that much better than my RCF (or if it is?).

Maybe I do need one of each?
RCFGrandpa (07-05-19)
Old 07-05-19, 07:22 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^GrandPa has one of each I sold my ISF. The LC is a hellofa car

But, IMHO, the LC and RCF are two different types of vehicles that really can't be compared.

Lou
Old 07-05-19, 08:50 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default Lou

^^^^2008 ISF. Sold it yesterday. Having clear film put on the front end tomorrow, window tint this coming tuesday. Headers and exhaust probably next month.

My ISF had full bolt-ons and base RCF wheels with 255/35/19 and 295/30/19 Bridgestone S-04 tires. Also had USRS on the front and an F-Sport rear sway bar. I owned it for almost 11 years. With the mods it was a GREAT handling car and fun to drive. IMHO, the stock ISF was way undertired and underwheeled. When the new owner rolled it out of my garage it had 50,010 miles on it.

BTW, the LC is not available with TVD. Mine also has the LSD.

And, I also have State Farm.

Lou
I know that the LC doesn’t offer the TVD, I might have worded it better. I meant that I didn’t want the TVD in my RCF I only wanted the Torsen limited slip.
Old 08-10-19, 08:58 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default First Wash

Odometer reads 333 miles, I washed it for the first time since I took delivery of my LC 500 on May 29th.

First Car Wash

Finally finished after two hours.

Last edited by RCFGrandpa; 08-12-19 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Edit
Old 08-10-19, 09:54 PM
Ismelllike
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

How do you even find out about the Lexus cash? I need to work on my negotiation skills.
Old 08-10-19, 10:14 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default Lexus Cash

[QUOTE=Ismelllike;10585537]How do you even find out about the Lexus cash? I need to work on my negotiation skills.[/QUOTE

The Lexus website will have the current offers for each model.

Last edited by RCFGrandpa; 08-12-19 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Edit
Old 10-02-19, 08:45 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default The Day My LC 500 Arrived

Here’s a video of my new LC 500 as it arrives from California to Seattle Lexus. Thanks to Gabe the sales manager for taking it.

sorry it didn’t take so here’s a couple photos

Lexus of Seattle

Last edited by RCFGrandpa; 10-02-19 at 08:48 PM.