LC Model (2018-present)

Is our seatbelt backwards too?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-24, 02:01 PM
Veight
Pit Crew

Received 70 Likes on 40 Posts

Agreed. My car is the same way as yours. I’m curious if there are any here with the belt without the “twist”. The belt also does not bind in any way.

Originally Posted by np20412
I was able to flip the buckle just now. It does not resolve this "twist" that you all have described here. Flipping the buckle results an an actual twist in the belt when you buckle it.

Here is how my buckle and belt sits now that I flipped it, I surmise this is what everyone wishes were "normal".

Now when I buckle it, there is an obvious twist at the lap.
To me this is proof that the seat belt is designed the way that it is and not backwards when it has that slight twist above the shoulder strap as originally posted. It is not an oversight or a mistake.

​​
Furthermore. if you were to unhook the seat belt and physically flip the belt so it wraps the anchor the opposite way (thus correcting your "twist"), the label and stitching at the anchor point will face into the cabin instead of towards the door as pictured below. That would be obviously incorrect.

I flipped mine back to how it came from the factory. As I mentioned I believe this is intentionally designed this way and it doesn't bother me. If it bothers you feel free to ask your dealer or Lexus all of who I guarantee will tell you that this is how it is. What you decide to do about it beyond that is up to you

Old 09-05-24, 06:42 PM
NickL
Racer

Received 435 Likes on 281 Posts

Lexus diagram showing twisted belt lol.
Old 09-05-24, 07:20 PM
Veight
Pit Crew

Received 70 Likes on 40 Posts
Smile

The 2025 should have the optional untwisted seat belt. Maybe only on the Bespoke edition.

Originally Posted by NickL

Lexus diagram showing twisted belt lol.