LC Model (2018-present)

Cell phone holder

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-19, 06:20 PM
Ntbista
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cell phone holder

After trying different cell phone holders in my LC. I think this one is the best for me and could be for you too. Even though you lose the cup holder. I have attached some pics.
Oh i bought it in Amazon for 20.

Old 10-03-19, 06:54 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,310 Likes on 1,409 Posts

That's exactly the same one I've had in my 4LS since April. It's a solid unit and similar to the Weathertech one which was more than 2x the price when I bought it (it's dropped now).

My wife didn't like it for some reason so trying a different unit.
Old 10-03-19, 06:58 PM
Exhilr8n
Intermediate

Received 211 Likes on 121 Posts

I soon discovered that no holder is needed in this car. Pretty cool.

The only thing I miss is having weather radar maps. Hoping Carplay will adopt something for it.
Old 10-03-19, 07:00 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,943 Likes on 1,369 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-...driving-2.html

Lou
Old 01-11-24, 07:33 AM
asong1
Intermediate

Received 117 Likes on 80 Posts

Bumping this thread to share what i did. i saw couple of different solutions out there. cup holder mounts and custom LC grab handle mounts. i wasn’t satisfied with any of them. i wanted something more directly in front of me, and nothing that sticks to the trim and definitely nothing on the windshield. So that leave the vent mounts only for the time being. the problem with the Lc vents is that there aren’t any vent mounts that are elegant and for the most part, fit onto the LC’s vents due to additional clearance required. center vents won’t work because it blocks the screen. Driver side vent doesn’t work because the vent is very recessed, so even if you fit a vent mount, you can’t mount the phone. the trim that is holding the trunk release button extrudes out. so.., after trying various different ideas, i had to come up with a ‘Jenky’ solution. but it doesn’t look bad at all. Basically i had to use 2 different mounts to make this work.

first, fit a standard vent mounted magsafe mount. then, took another mount that was designed to tape mount behind the tesla screens with a hinge and joined them together. The end result with the door closed, looks great and the phone position is perfect for me.

Next step: will insert a 12V power source / USB cable directly next to the obd2 port for a clean wireless charging solution. this is just a proof of concept for now. but here are some photos for those who wants their phones mounted onto the vent.

as you can see from the photos, there is no way a phone can mount on the vent using just a typical vent mount. This is a perfect solution for me for this car as this looks really clean with doors closed, and will allow me to install a very clean wireless charging solution. and with wireless carplay, no visible cables anywhere. no fuss, no muss.

i thought i’d share.
Old 01-11-24, 07:37 AM
asong1
Intermediate

will be very easy to stealth mount a USB C cable back to the OBD 2 port area. one problem solved..

Now onward to the investigate fake intake / exhaust notes from the speaker.
Old 01-11-24, 10:57 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

I've used this one for about three years now, I like it a lot. I also have a ProClip in my truck

https://www.proclipusa.com/products/...-500-2017-20xx
Old 01-11-24, 11:05 AM
asong1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sickpuppy
I've used this one for about three years now, I like it a lot. I also have a ProClip in my truck

I know. This is the one I was referring to. I don't like it. I'm sure it functions well, but I don't want anything in that area, arguably the most beautiful part of the interior. The semi-spiral 'Oh *****' handle is stunning. Can't have anything blocking that.

also for the 24 models, the newer screens come out further. That cell phone holder would have to be positioned lower than what they show. Which is a double no-no for me. I told my girlfriend the other day, unless we have a good solution for the cup holder, she can't use the one in the front because the interior is so beautiful with everything closed

Last edited by asong1; 01-11-24 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-11-24, 11:36 AM
Dukeaudio
Advanced

Received 122 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by sickpuppy

Most stable mount i've owned...cannot stand the shake in all the many others i've tried👍🏽
The following users liked this post:
asong1 (01-11-24)
Old 01-11-24, 12:54 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by asong1
I know. This is the one I was referring to. I don't like it. I'm sure it functions well, but I don't want anything in that area, arguably the most beautiful part of the interior. The semi-spiral 'Oh *****' handle is stunning. Can't have anything blocking that.
It's all about choices - for me blocking that left air vent is a big no-no The ProClip puts the phone right where I want it and, as mentioned, is vibration free
The following users liked this post:
asong1 (01-11-24)
Old 01-11-24, 01:34 PM
asong1
Intermediate

Glad it works for you! It’s good that we have different options for different tastes.
Old 01-11-24, 04:30 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Yup, Just to add - My phone is connected by BT to an OBD device that reads various engine parameters and I have a bank of six gauges that are displayed on the phone. I monitor those gauges and want it my line off sight. And I'll just add, while I am a fan of ProClip mounts, I am not a fan of their phone holder. I use a Kuda phone holder mounted to the ProClip.
Old 01-12-24, 05:37 AM
JaxSully
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I am workking on a 3D printed solution which would use the CD slot like several pro mounts use and incorporate this with a wireless mag safe charging unit. My expectation is that fitment will secure into the CD slot, have a slight arm to the left where the phone will be just between the start button and the A/C controls. I an then run a charging wire from the USB port in the console and under the driver side center console and up to the mag safe charger.

I have just started the process as I got my LC last week. I have ordered a few after market CD slot mounts to scan and replicate for 3D printing and then I will work on what the arm attachment needs to look like.

I will provide progress updates.
The following 2 users liked this post by JaxSully:
Crowly100 (01-21-24), rileydawgg (01-12-24)
Old 01-12-24, 06:39 AM
asong1
Intermediate

24 + models no longer have CD player. I thought about mounting a phone there, but again, will run into clearance issue if I were to use readily available off the shelf products. Not to mention blocking the cup-holders, etc.., Your CD player solution, if done correctly and clear both the shift **** + cup in a cup holder (I hope you can still use the holder) would be a good solution for many I think.

But since, I don't have a CD player, I'll just sit on the sidelines and watch how your idea develops. Kudos to you for the initive. LC is a difficult beast. Every space has elegnant design and function, and it's really difficult to modify without impact it's beauty & functionality.
Old 01-12-24, 02:37 PM
asong1
Intermediate

For those like me, seeking the passenger vent solution, i’ve ordered another unit and tested it. This one works great. grabs onto the top vent fin, and is very stable + provides enough clearance. This unit is a mag-safe wireless charging unit via usb-c

Again, “For those who want the driver side vent solution”

of all items, including the ‘jenky’ hinge mount combo, which i’ve shamefully attempted above, this one not only works, but it’s also clean.

Different ideas are always welcome, but for third time: “For those of us who WANT the VENT mount solution” and Don’t want anything in the center. This may work out for you. I’m trying different combinations out of my own dime and testing and reporting for the benefit of (for the 4th time for good measure, and in case someone didn’t get the first 3 notes) “For those who WANT the driver’s side VENT mount”

There seems to be 2 different version. the cheap $15.00 vs. much more expensive one with stronger magnet. This cheaper one seems ok, but it could be use a stronger magnets. i’m not sure if the phone will stay in place if you hit a pot-hole, and i’m not about to test this.

See the amazon link below.

LISEN for MagSafe Car Mount Charger, 15W Wireless Charger for iPhone Magnetic Phone Holder Mount, Universal Vent Car Charger Fits iPh... https://a.co/d/buy8bYT

Good luck. I have what i need, and done with this.

Last edited by asong1; 01-12-24 at 03:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Cell phone holder