LC Model (2018-present)

Mark Levinson audio

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-21, 01:40 PM
355F1
Racer

Received 620 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by RysLC500
UPDATE....I just had my 5k mile service. While it was in the shop I had them look (and listen) to this subwoofer issue. They agreed it is "rattling" and that they had one other LC500 convert complain of the same issue. They determined the cover on sub is making the "rattling" sound. Apparently it doesn't happen on the non-convert. They ordered another part to see if that helps. Also offering to try to insulate it with some materials to see if that resolves the issue. If I leave the cover off it sounds great. Obviously not a long-term solution.
mine is the cover rattling too. I will have my dealer inspect it at my 5k too.
Old 05-16-21, 04:29 PM
Exhilr8n
Intermediate

Received 210 Likes on 121 Posts

Ours does too.
Old 05-16-21, 06:11 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

I noticed the other day that when the sub is hitting, my mirror vibrates.
Old 05-17-21, 06:12 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by 355F1
I get it a bit too. I listen to mostly EDM at Volumes 35-40, bass is literally maxed out.

not enough low end on the ML, for sure.

it’s adequate though for how inexpensive the upgrade is. It definitely ain’t a $4,600 Burmester upgrade!
I'm wondering what people are using for a music source? I about only listen to EDM at volumes 46-50. No distortion. I think I have my bass up one notch. I about only listen to Pandora via the Aux input vs BT, and hear better fidelity.
Old 05-17-21, 09:53 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

46-50

i listen via android auto mostly, so no loss through aux or bluetooth.
Old 05-17-21, 09:56 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
46-50

i listen via android auto mostly, so no loss through aux or bluetooth.
Of course the car volume number is dependent on the volume setting of my Android. I listen normal loud, not thumper loud.
Android Auto has to be BT. Check out Aux if and when you get the chance.
Old 05-17-21, 10:18 AM
RysLC500
Intermediate

Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts

Braggert
Old 05-17-21, 11:34 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by hoonose
Android Auto has to be BT. Check out Aux if and when you get the chance.
i don't believe android auto is BT - i believe it comes through the usb.

Old 05-17-21, 11:56 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

clarification, it appears phonecalls still use bluetooth when connected android auto via usb, but the audio (music) goes over usb

Why Android Auto Uses Bluetooth When It’s Connected via USB - autoevolution
Old 05-17-21, 12:11 PM
hoonose
Intermediate

clarification, it appears phonecalls still use bluetooth when connected android auto via usb, but the audio (music) goes over usb

Why Android Auto Uses Bluetooth When It’s Connected via USB - autoevolution
Interesting. I didn't know you needed to plug anything in to use AA. USB might be even better fidelity than Aux.
My 2018 doesn't have AA or compatibility anyway.
Old 05-18-21, 05:12 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by hoonose
Interesting. I didn't know you needed to plug anything in to use AA. USB might be even better fidelity than Aux.
My 2018 doesn't have AA or compatibility anyway.
some new cars do have wireless android auto (and/or apple carplay) but the LC isn't one of them. I have on order a wireless AA plug but it's taking forever to get due to chip shortages etc. #firstworldproblem

Old 05-18-21, 05:25 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

some new cars do have wireless android auto (and/or apple carplay) but the LC isn't one of them. I have on order a wireless AA plug but it's taking forever to get due to chip shortages etc. #firstworldproblem
The 2016 Corvette I traded in for the LC had Android Auto wireless. I never knew there was a wired version. I thought much of the idea of AA was to avoid having to wire in your phone. Which I specifically don't mind doing with Aux for better fidelity over BT. And why I hardly used AA in the first place.
Old 05-18-21, 06:04 AM
Exhilr8n
Intermediate

So hn you had an aftermarket wireless in your ‘Vette? I have that in my daily Honda Civic Si.

Just put in an adapter for wireless Carplay in the LC, it works very well, total plug and play. Using satellite for music.

Wireless will never provide the musical fidelity that a cable can. But so convenient for short trips, never see the phone at all. Just hop in, start the car and the Waze traffic map and satellite music come up before I’m out of the driveway.
Old 05-18-21, 06:37 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Exhilr8n
So hn you had an aftermarket wireless in your ‘Vette? I have that in my daily Honda Civic Si.

Just put in an adapter for wireless Carplay in the LC, it works very well, total plug and play. Using satellite for music.

Wireless will never provide the musical fidelity that a cable can. But so convenient for short trips, never see the phone at all. Just hop in, start the car and the Waze traffic map and satellite music come up before I’m out of the driveway.
That was 5 years ago. Maybe I did connect with USB. And decided to ditch it, since the fidelity seemed the same as Aux. About all I used was Pandora.

I'm going to try it again today in the LC via USB and see...
Old 05-18-21, 06:54 AM
Exhilr8n
Intermediate

I’d be surprised if the C8 has wireless CP. No ‘Vette before it had wireless for sure unless it was done aftermarket.

I remember when we got our first LC and I was looking for where to put the phone while driving. Then I realized the car was advanced enough that I’d not need to see the phone at all for the things I do on a daily basis. I put it in the console on a four inch charge cord and had Carplay with Waze and Pandora and Spotify. I could work it all through the car, even if the touchpad was abhorrent going from app to app. Still better than messing with the phone while driving.

But now with wireless, this whole ecosystem is finally coming together. Five years ago, having a phone out in a car was heresy, certain death for us all. Then Carplay/Android Auto came along, the cars adapted with bigger screens and now I just step in and it all comes to life.

More improvements will be coming, getting easier and safer. I want a weather radar on Carplay. As of now I do need to get the phone or ipad out to get that. But the whole integration of the car to our digital way of life is coming together nicely.

Quick Reply: Mark Levinson audio