LC Model (2018-present)

Fuel Pump Recall Coming

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-20, 05:01 AM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 318 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperGT
I always get the VIP treatment from my Lexus Dealer, more so than my Porsche, BMW or Lamborghini Dealers in Montreal. Your unfortunate experience with Lexus is therefore the complete opposite of mine.
I remember back in the day when I used to live in Montreal, Spinelli Lexus used to treat me very well. Fortunately I get similar treatment now here in Orlando

Craig B, I honestly think you just had back luck with that particular dealership (of course there's always bad apples out there).
The following users liked this post:
Craig B (01-18-20)
Old 01-17-20, 12:31 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,896 Likes on 1,337 Posts

My dealer, even though I don't visit often and didn't buy my LC there, loves to see me come in and gives me what I consider special treatment. I asked the service writer why, and he told me that unlike most of his customers, I actually know something about cars and he says he has learned things from me Though I don't know what

Lou
Old 01-17-20, 07:04 PM
Exhilr8n
Intermediate

Received 210 Likes on 121 Posts

Our LC stranded me a couple of times with this issue a few months back, and Lexus could not have been better handling it. It seemed a known issue back then. They had seen it several times and knew just what it was, how to fix it. I’m surprised it took this long for the recall.

If you have an LC and have not done this, seems to me you could be on borrowed time.
Old 01-27-20, 12:43 AM
onepercent
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flowrider
I have a 2109 GS 350. Lexus Enform Services just sent me a health report for the car. In that report It has the following statements:

Title:Safety Recall 20LA01 (Interim Notice 20LB01), Multiple Model and Model Years, Vehicle May Stall During Driving at Higher Speed Status:Remedy Not Available RecallDate:01/13/2020 Dealer Reference Id:20LB01 NHTSA Reference Id:20V012 Description:The subject vehicles are equipped with a low-pressure fuel pump which may stop operating. If this were to occur, warning lights and messages may be displayed on the instrument panel, and the engine may run rough. This may result in a vehicle stall, and the vehicle may be unable to be restarted. If a vehicle stall occurs while driving at higher speeds, this could increase the risk of a crash. Remedy:Lexus is currently investigating this issue and will be developing a remedy. When the remedy is available, it will be free of charge to vehicle owners.

How are we supposed to drive the car for another 2 months unsafely before they could come up with a solution?
Old 01-27-20, 06:23 AM
Exhilr8n
Intermediate

Received 210 Likes on 121 Posts

Trust me guys, that stall is a real thing. Also, it’s not simple to put this car into neutral to push it off the road. Happened to me in middle of an intersection.

Maybe at least familiarize yourselves with that procedure until you can have your fuel pumps changed out.

When ours did this Lexus were really good to pick the car up, diagnose and fix quickly. It was a “known issue” even then. They had another car there at that time. I understand Atlanta had seen 5.
Old 01-30-20, 11:17 PM
onepercent
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called Lexus customer service. They recommended taking the car back to the dealership from which I purchased the car from. They said the dealership would give me a free loaner car from a rental car company until the fuel pump is fixed. The loaner car won't be a Lexus. I will call the dealership to confirm. If they could fix the car in March, we are talking about having a loaner for at least a month and half.
Old 01-31-20, 04:09 AM
whtciv2k
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
My best friend has been at Lexus for 15 years and has been checking daily for me to see if the recall comes out for it and if my car is affected. They have definitely heard about it and a recall is def on the way.
Old 01-31-20, 05:31 AM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 318 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by whtciv2k
My best friend has been at Lexus for 15 years and has been checking daily for me to see if the recall comes out for it and if my car is affected. They have definitely heard about it and a recall is def on the way.
Does this include all LC's that have ALREADY REPLACED their fuel pumps on the previous recall?
Old 01-31-20, 05:50 AM
whtciv2k
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by guanche2k9
Does this include all LC's that have ALREADY REPLACED their fuel pumps on the previous recall?
I suspect they'll need to replace those too. I'm guessing they just replace the failed part with the same part as no new part # has been issued for the fuel pump.
Old 02-01-20, 08:47 AM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by onepercent
I called Lexus customer service. They recommended taking the car back to the dealership from which I purchased the car from. They said the dealership would give me a free loaner car from a rental car company until the fuel pump is fixed. The loaner car won't be a Lexus. I will call the dealership to confirm. If they could fix the car in March, we are talking about having a loaner for at least a month and half.
Well, I went through the same experience with the first fuel pumps recall, Lexus did say they would rent me a luxury rental car at Enterprise, but I would have to find my way to the dealership which is 120 miles each direction. I would have to find my way back when I returned the rental, they wouldn't pick me up at the airport if I rode the airport shuttle at my expense and wouldn't give me a ride to the airport when I returned the rental. The dealer said they didn't have space to store my vehicle. Lexus was supposed to give me the equivalent of two car payments which never happened. I've owned 9 new Lexus vehicles and I think this was really poor customer service! And now, they're going through this same scenario with the fuel pumps and rental cars again. The last recall was because the car could catch on fire. I sold my LC 500 Performance Package with 1250 miles and purchased a Porsche 911 GT3. The service I receive at Porsche St. Louis is a totally different experience!
Old 02-01-20, 04:20 PM
SuperGT
Pole Position

Received 148 Likes on 76 Posts

^^^^^ Moderator...LMFAO.