Received 1,896 Likes on 1,337 Posts
Default Fuel Pump Recall Coming

https://www.wistv.com/2020/01/14/toy...ty-fuel-pumps/

Lou
Old 01-14-20, 12:07 PM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 98 Posts

I wonder if that means my already-recalled-and-replaced fuel pumps are gonna get replaced again? I may as well just replace them at every oil change.
Old 01-14-20, 01:09 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^Ya, me too

Lou
Old 01-14-20, 02:18 PM
asinow
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

I went through this with my 2015 RCF. When I got the car back there was a noticable improvement. Shifting was better as was the acceleration. I wonder if this recall will have the same results or maybe it won't just stall
Old 01-14-20, 02:50 PM
robdinero
Driver

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

I absolutely hate recalls, I haven't experienced any issues pertaining to my fuel pump but now that I've read this magically my car that is usually smooth as butter will start to stutter
Old 01-14-20, 04:45 PM
pottypants
Rookie

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Been Thru this before with my bmw.

least they are replacing it under warranty!

ppp
Old 01-15-20, 07:08 AM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 318 Likes on 182 Posts

I checked my VIN on both the NHTSA and Toyota sites (I also replaced mine on the initial recall), and apparently no recall on my 2018 LC500. Is it too early to verify?

Has anyone else checked their VIN? Just curious to know if this is something that none, some or all LC owners are experiencing when verifying.
Old 01-15-20, 07:12 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^The problem is in the process of being addressed, The Recall is "Coming".

Lou
Old 01-15-20, 10:45 AM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Lexus and my dealer handled the fuel pumps recall poorly, that's why I sold my LC 500 Performance Package and purchased a
Porsche 911 GT3. I couldn't drive my vehicle for 2 months. The dealer wouldn't provide a loaner. Lexus was supposed to give
me the equivalent of two car payments. Lexus would provide me a rental, but I would have to ride the airport shuttle from my
home 120 miles each direction
at my expense, take an UBER to the dealership, they wouldn't pick me up at the airport. The dealer said they didn't have
room to store my vehicle. I would have to do the same thing when I returned the rental. Lexus didn't compensate me for 2 car
payments. I got into a shouting match with the GM at Lexus of St. Louis. I felt like if that's the way they treat customers who have
purchased 9 new Lexus vehicles, I don't want to do business with these people again. Needless to say, this was their top of the
line Lexus vehicle and I was treated poorly. So I took my business to Porsche. Totally different experience at Porsche ST. Louis!

Last edited by Craig B; 01-16-20 at 08:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
1wacko (01-15-20)
Old 01-16-20, 04:11 AM
M4rk
Intermediate

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks for sharing, Lou. If any further news emerge, let's share. I am especially interested in knowing when parts become available in Canada. With how long the repairs on my IS F took last year due to a supply issue, I am concerned. I want to get into an LC this year, but don't fancy getting stranded on the long treck home. My daily Subaru has had an open recall for a few months now without the necessary parts to remedy the situation being available - hoping the same does not happen for Lexus.
Old 01-16-20, 04:45 AM
pottypants
Rookie

gents,

I just received my car back from service 4 hrs later i find it making a buzzing noise from the rear
section (possibly LPFP). ultimately it stopped and I dont know how long it was happening.

does anybody know if this recall is for the HPFP or LPFP ?
please note our engines have TWO HPFP one for each bank.

thanks

ppp

Old 01-16-20, 07:34 AM
calgold06
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Low Pressure.

This is for my 2019 ES...my 2019 LC is not impacted.

The subject vehicles are equipped with a low-pressure fuel pump which may stop operating. If this were to occur, warning lights and messages may be displayed on the instrument panel, and the engine may run rough. This may result in a vehicle stall, and the vehicle may be unable to be restarted.

You can check yours here:

https://www.toyota.com/recall
pottypants (01-16-20)
Old 01-16-20, 07:56 AM
pottypants
Rookie

LPFP cool thank you.
mine is a 2018.
wonder if the buzzing is an indicator ?

Old 01-16-20, 12:24 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by calgold06
Low Pressure.

This is for my 2019 ES...my 2019 LC is not impacted.

The subject vehicles are equipped with a low-pressure fuel pump which may stop operating. If this were to occur, warning lights and messages may be displayed on the instrument panel, and the engine may run rough. This may result in a vehicle stall, and the vehicle may be unable to be restarted.

You can check yours here:

https://www.toyota.com/recall
We don't know this yet. See this link:

https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota-...us-vehicles-2/

My 2018 also comes up clean, but the recall still has not been issued and Toyota has not yet issued anything more than what is stated in the link.

Lou
Old 01-17-20, 04:48 AM
SuperGT
Pole Position

Received 148 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig B
Lexus and my dealer handled the fuel pumps recall poorly, that's why I sold my LC 500 Performance Package and purchased a
Porsche 911 GT3. I couldn't drive my vehicle for 2 months. The dealer wouldn't provide a loaner. Lexus was supposed to give
me the equivalent of two car payments. Lexus would provide me a rental, but I would have to ride the airport shuttle from my
home 120 miles each direction
at my expense, take an UBER to the dealership, they wouldn't pick me up at the airport. The dealer said they didn't have
room to store my vehicle. I would have to do the same thing when I returned the rental. Lexus didn't compensate me for 2 car
payments. I got into a shouting match with the GM at Lexus of St. Louis. I felt like if that's the way they treat customers who have
purchased 9 new Lexus vehicles, I don't want to do business with these people again. Needless to say, this was their top of the
line Lexus vehicle and I was treated poorly. So I took my business to Porsche. Totally different experience at Porsche ST. Louis!
I always get the VIP treatment from my Lexus Dealer, more so than my Porsche, BMW or Lamborghini Dealers in Montreal. Your unfortunate experience with Lexus is therefore the complete opposite of mine.
Craig B (01-18-20)

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump Recall Coming