LC Model (2018-present)

Wireless Carplay Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-20, 03:58 PM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 318 Likes on 182 Posts

That's awesome - I just wish I could get some feedback on whether it works for Android Auto
Old 01-24-20, 04:08 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,949 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by OFTRASH
About the same speed. Much less buggy with 3rd party apps.
What kind of a mount is that

Lou
Old 01-24-20, 05:25 PM
OFTRASH
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
What kind of a mount is that

Lou
ProClip w/wireless charger. The wire will tuck under the leather and go under the center console. I just need a free day to pull it apart.
It comes with tools to separate the leather so the clip will fit neatly.

https://www.proclipusa.com/vehicle/d...us-lc-500/2019
The following users liked this post:
flowrider (01-24-20)
Old 01-24-20, 09:41 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,949 Likes on 1,372 Posts

^^^^Thanks. I just bought one. I am using a cup mount currently for my phone and I really don't like it I will use this with a Kuda phone holder.

Lou
Old 01-25-20, 05:26 AM
OFTRASH
Driver School Candidate

^^^^Thanks. I just bought one. I am using a cup mount currently for my phone and I really don't like it I will use this with a Kuda phone holder.

Lou
FYI: when mounting the wireless charger to the clip. Mount it at its highest level if you want to use the cup holder without interference.
Old 01-25-20, 06:17 AM
SuperGT
Pole Position

Received 148 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by OFTRASH
ProClip w/wireless charger. The wire will tuck under the leather and go under the center console. I just need a free day to pull it apart.
It comes with tools to separate the leather so the clip will fit neatly.

https://www.proclipusa.com/vehicle/d...us-lc-500/2019
Will it leave permanent creases in the leather from the applied pressure?
Old 01-25-20, 07:03 AM
asinow
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

Ordered mine. This will be nice to have. I hate all those cables...
Old 01-26-20, 08:46 AM
North1Star
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Lou
Please share with us the results if you will run the cable through the decoration. I have been hesitant about this product for couple of months now because i am not sure how easy it will be to do the wiring part
Old 01-26-20, 01:32 PM
OFTRASH
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by North1Star
Please share with us the results if you will run the cable through the decoration. I have been hesitant about this product for couple of months now because i am not sure how easy it will be to do the wiring part
I will not take it as far as the video goes as I don't have a need to get to the Nav/HU. However, this video shows how easy it is to pull the center piece free to run the cable.

Old 02-15-20, 04:19 PM
guanche2k9
Advanced

So I ordered the CARPLAY2AIR for Android Auto through USB connection. I tried plugging it in, and didn't work. Waited for 10 minutes and kept on getting a message on the infotainment screen saying "Unsupported Device Connected". I tried installing the APK on my phone, that's listed on the box, to see if there would be any settings in there that would help in detecting it, and nothing. The APP from the APK didn't even detect the USB plug being plugged in.

I definitely wouldn't recommend this item for Android Auto users. I've already contacted them to return and issue a refund. Keeping my fingers crossed, and hope they reply back, because they were barely responsive during the delivery, which came in 2 weeks late (due to CoronaVirus).

Old 02-16-20, 04:04 AM
SuperGT
Pole Position

Received 148 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by guanche2k9
I've already contacted them to return and issue a refund. Keeping my fingers crossed, and hope they reply back, because they were barely responsive during the delivery, which came in 2 weeks late (due to CoronaVirus).
I've been having the same issues with them in regards to poor follow-ups. Ordered mine on 01/24 and still haven't received it.Keep us posted.
Old 02-16-20, 04:32 AM
asinow
Pit Crew

I ordered mine 1/18 it arrived 2/14. I did message Paypal, that may have something to do with me receiving it. I got a tracking within a day or two

I installed it, the instructions are not that great. Not only do you have to link it Bluetooth, you need to connect the WiFi signal too. During the initial power up and sync's I couldn't get it to sync up with the car. I shut the car down, waited 10 seconds , started the car back up there it was, Waze.

I did send a message through the contact bubble on their website and they did reply within an hour which was good. I was initially on getting the connecting..... ….. ….. message on my cars screen.

In the message she did indicate the phone should have no other connections active, I'm thinking that would mean my original Bluetooth to car connection. I'll delete that today and see if that has any effect on the connection speed

I didn't test all the functions but Waze and most other frequently used apps were there and working.

Read elsewhere that this is not an Apple supported product (which we all know,) an update could "Brick" it. Something to think about. I'm guessing Apple will come out with one.

Originally Posted by SuperGT
I've been having the same issues with them in regards to poor follow-ups. Ordered mine on 01/24 and still haven't received it.Keep us posted.
Old 02-16-20, 06:36 AM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Originally Posted by asinow
I ordered mine 1/18 it arrived 2/14. I did message Paypal, that may have something to do with me receiving it. I got a tracking within a day or two

I installed it, the instructions are not that great. Not only do you have to link it Bluetooth, you need to connect the WiFi signal too. During the initial power up and sync's I couldn't get it to sync up with the car. I shut the car down, waited 10 seconds , started the car back up there it was, Waze.

I did send a message through the contact bubble on their website and they did reply within an hour which was good. I was initially on getting the connecting..... ….. ….. message on my cars screen.

In the message she did indicate the phone should have no other connections active, I'm thinking that would mean my original Bluetooth to car connection. I'll delete that today and see if that has any effect on the connection speed

I didn't test all the functions but Waze and most other frequently used apps were there and working.

Read elsewhere that this is not an Apple supported product (which we all know,) an update could "Brick" it. Something to think about. I'm guessing Apple will come out with one.
Are you trying all of this out with an Apple device, or Android?
Old 02-16-20, 07:29 AM
asinow
Pit Crew

iPhone 10

Small detail I forgot to mention

Originally Posted by guanche2k9
Are you trying all of this out with an Apple device, or Android?
Old 05-09-21, 06:44 PM
Exhilr8n
Intermediate

Received 211 Likes on 121 Posts

Love the wireless Carplay in our Honda Civic Si. Waze just comes right up with traffic when the car is started.

Has anyone tried this wireless adapter in an LC?

https://www.amazon.com/Carlinkit-Wireless-CarPlay-Compatible-CPC200-U2W-Plus/dp/B08ZHCS8R3/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=wireless+carplay+adapter+cplay2air&qid=1620610354&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExVFBYRksyVE5FMlpQJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODUyNDMxMzdYSE5RSjk3OFo5VSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTg0MDY0MkNPTEY5VzFNSFMwNSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU= https://www.amazon.com/Carlinkit-Wireless-CarPlay-Compatible-CPC200-U2W-Plus/dp/B08ZHCS8R3/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=wireless+carplay+adapter+cplay2air&qid=1620610354&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExVFBYRksyVE5FMlpQJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODUyNDMxMzdYSE5RSjk3OFo5VSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTg0MDY0MkNPTEY5VzFNSFMwNSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Last edited by Exhilr8n; 05-09-21 at 06:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Wireless Carplay Adapter