LC Model (2018-present)

New Member says hello

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-20, 01:07 PM
LCnirvana
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default New Member says hello

Hi everyone, I have been following the forum for almost two years. I purchased my 2018 LC 500 in mid 2018. Atomic Silver, pretty much loaded. My wife and I saw one in Boston and both of our hearts stopped. First car she actually liked. LOL. Long story short, I traded in a 2015 ZO6 Corvette, manual, for the car. Got a great deal, because as you all know they have not been selling that well. Almost two years later, many great road trips, many amazing compliments, and a few really fun modifications. In order of modification. First, I disconnected the exhaust valves at the back so that I could hear that beautiful sound all of the time. Very easy and safe. Just four connectors, and off to the races. Next, I replaced the 21 inch rims with 20 inch OZ Dakar rims in a deep grey. I thought the stock 21inch were too "bling". I wanted something a little more subtle and darker color to match the paint color. Next, I added the Boost Logic Intake. Hats off to those guys. Great product, easy install, and not one single problem. Finally, I installed the PPE mid pipe, no cats. Best thing I did to the car. Removing the exhaust valves was great, but the engine sounded like it was suffocating. PPE made the most well done product, and it installed with ease. The sound is amazing. Not too loud, but wow does it sound like a proper V8. In my mind no reason to change the rear can when you have this mid pipe, as with the valves open all the time, it is a free flowing exhaust from the primary cat all the way to the pipes. The secondary pipes and the resonator/xpipe on the stock was a thief. Not one code thrown with that entire set up. Unfortunately I did not do any videos. Sorry.

So why now am I joining. Well, I am not much of a forum talker, just like to read and learn. Do not add stuff unless I feel it would help. Have really enjoyed all of the back and forth and have learned so much from everyone. Now I have something to add. Unfortunately, I have to sell my LC. Just did as a matter of fact. Personal reasons only. Not for a love of the car, and everything that came with it as a driver. It is still the best looking car in my mind on the road, and so very unique. As I sold it to the dealer I purchased from, I removed all of the mods. It was the most painful thing to do that car. Putting back the stock intake with the 2 feet of vacuum hose, and tiny air inputs was ridiculous. Then putting back that overweight anchor of a mid pipe, with those huge secondary cats, was criminal. I put the connectors back, and wow, I feel like I had sterilized the car. Finally, I removed the OZ rims, and put back on the bling. Not my cup of tea, but actually they grew on me a bit. Handed over the keys, and that was that. Sad day.

Alas, the good news is that I can share the wheel set, the Boost logic intake, and the PPE midpipes with all of you forum fans (for a price of course, but less than purchasing new). Unfortunately I must wait 30 days until I am allowed by the forum god to offer these items for sale. So stay tuned, and thanks all of the information I received by reading the forum. Will send some photos.

Old 03-09-20, 02:11 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome! Enjoy!
Old 03-09-20, 02:47 PM
LCnirvana
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Here she was. Never saw one with OZ Dakar.
The following 3 users liked this post by LCnirvana:
1wacko (03-10-20), guanche2k9 (03-10-20), SuperGT (03-10-20)