LC Model (2018-present)

Practical for Road trips?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-20, 08:41 AM
OFTRASH
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by guanche2k9
Track tape - pardon my ignorance, but could you elaborate on what that is and where/how to apply it?

TRACK ARMOUR TA6X100-6'' x 100' - Temporary Track Day Paint Protection Clear Adhesive Film for Car
Amazon Amazon
Old 07-02-20, 07:46 AM
xtorque
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

definitely no problem. I visit my parents quite often in DC (used to live there up to two years ago). I now live in South Florida. I would drive to Orlando/Sanford Amtrak Autotrain one way to DC (about 3 hrs drive)... and would drive from DC to home (about 15-16 hrs drive). I have no problem with the vehicle. Drive in mostly normal mode. The V8 noise in the cabin does get annoyance after many hours but blasting the music does help a bit. The drawback is more fuel stops compared to my previous '15 E350 wagon (that one got close to 600 miles on one tank). When I am up north, I would use their car to shuttle them around given my mom wouldn't fit in the back of the LC (dad is defintely too tall for the back).
Old 07-02-20, 06:44 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,362 Posts

^^^^Really I find the cabin quite quiet in the LC. I have no drone whatsoever and I have headers and a full aftermarket (PPE) exhausts system. The LC is well sound insulated. It weighs about 400LBS more than a similar sized RCF with the same engine. A lot of that weight is the sound proofing. The only engine noise I hear in the cabin is from the pumped in noise through the firewall and from the exhaust tips in the rear of the car. My ISF with a similar exhaust was much louder in the cabin. I bought my LC in Nebraska and drove home to Arizona with the stock exhaust and yes it was quieter than the system I now have. As far as using the stereo, I rarely use it, I'd much rather listen to the melodious sound of the engine

Lou
Old 07-03-20, 10:36 PM
74Sprtstr
Intermediate

Received 192 Likes on 146 Posts

i'd like to testify that i take a 100 mile cruise to the other side of the island, so that means a 100 mile ride back, for about 2 hrs each leg,
and when i'm done i feel i could do it again...absolutely no fatigue! i believe its due to the position of the driver almost perfectly in the center of gravity
or moment of inertia of the vehicle so that little to no force is translated to the driver, which he would then resist in place...in other words, a dreamy car !
Old 07-04-20, 07:14 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

Received 78 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by tmillLC500
i'd like to testify that i take a 100 mile cruise to the other side of the island, so that means a 100 mile ride back, for about 2 hrs each leg,
and when i'm done i feel i could do it again...absolutely no fatigue! i believe its due to the position of the driver almost perfectly in the center of gravity
or moment of inertia of the vehicle so that little to no force is translated to the driver, which he would then resist in place...in other words, a dreamy car !
Positioned close to the axis while turning. Like my old but amazing Miata. And unlike my Vettes where you get thrashed about more..
Does anyone else feel like the seat sits you just a bit to the right? I just about start to lose the HUD with my right eye sitting up straight.
Old 07-04-20, 08:55 AM
74Sprtstr
Intermediate

Received 192 Likes on 146 Posts

great observation/perception HOONOSE ! i feel the same thing, the seat is canted ever so slightly toward the center of mass...ala lamborghini....its very subtle .... but adds to perfect the mechanics, to result in a great ride...
Old 07-04-20, 08:59 PM
xtorque
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^Really I find the cabin quite quiet in the LC. I have no drone whatsoever and I have headers and a full aftermarket (PPE) exhausts system. The LC is well sound insulated. It weighs about 400LBS more than a similar sized RCF with the same engine. A lot of that weight is the sound proofing. The only engine noise I hear in the cabin is from the pumped in noise through the firewall and from the exhaust tips in the rear of the car. My ISF with a similar exhaust was much louder in the cabin. I bought my LC in Nebraska and drove home to Arizona with the stock exhaust and yes it was quieter than the system I now have. As far as using the stereo, I rarely use it, I'd much rather listen to the melodious sound of the engine

Lou
I have no problem with the V8 sound at all in normal driving (i.e. around town). However , driving 15 hours with the "bluh bluh bluh" sound does get to you though .... especially if the trips are done once a month or twice in three months.