LC Model (2018-present)

Model year differences

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-22, 05:24 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,513 Likes on 1,652 Posts

Originally Posted by NewLexFan
Can you actually tell the suspension and unsprung weight differences between the 2018 and 2021 when driving back to back?
i've not done it but i would imagine so as it was modified in '19 and '20 as well as '21 and now '22. but in '21 they made some pieces lighter and other changes which had to have made some difference. not knocking the '18s, but reviewers like savagegeese said the '18 was a bit harsh but reviewed a newer one also and said it was better if i recall right.

Old 01-29-22, 06:02 AM
NewLexFan
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i've not done it but i would imagine so as it was modified in '19 and '20 as well as '21 and now '22. but in '21 they made some pieces lighter and other changes which had to have made some difference. not knocking the '18s, but reviewers like savagegeese said the '18 was a bit harsh but reviewed a newer one also and said it was better if i recall right.

Perhaps one can tell only if driving back to back!
Old 01-29-22, 06:54 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by NewLexFan
Perhaps one can tell only if driving back to back!
probably true, but all LCs are awesome.
The following 2 users liked this post by bitkahuna:
Beachtyme (04-06-22), rtgrcf (07-01-22)
Old 01-29-22, 10:09 AM
71Choptop
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Been interested in the LC 500 for a while now. Impending stock market thing should allow me to get a new vehicle in the spring, the LC is on my short list of vehicles I am looking at. Have been watching a shtload of YouTube video's but have not actually seen , let alone sat in or drove one, at this time. Live in the sticks w/Minneapolis/St. Paul Mn. being the closest big city to me. Took note that on Carfax a white 2018 was listed in Minneapolis for sale at a small dealership, gave him a call yesterday checking on availability, he stammered a bit when I asked him about it being available and then told me that he liked it so much that he was not going to sell it, we had a nice talk and he told me it was replacing his 6th generation ZR1, that he loved everything about the LC and said I should buy one. I may give him a call and see if I can sit in it/look at it because pics and video's can be misleading. Otherwise I need to head south to Milwaukee or Illinois to look at one. Just wanted to share that story.
The following 5 users liked this post by 71Choptop:
Beachtyme (04-06-22), bitkahuna (01-29-22), derporsche (09-08-24), rtgrcf (07-01-22), stubeeef (03-27-22)
Old 01-29-22, 11:52 PM
NewLexFan
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 71Choptop
Been interested in the LC 500 for a while now. Impending stock market thing should allow me to get a new vehicle in the spring, the LC is on my short list of vehicles I am looking at. Have been watching a shtload of YouTube video's but have not actually seen , let alone sat in or drove one, at this time. Live in the sticks w/Minneapolis/St. Paul Mn. being the closest big city to me. Took note that on Carfax a white 2018 was listed in Minneapolis for sale at a small dealership, gave him a call yesterday checking on availability, he stammered a bit when I asked him about it being available and then told me that he liked it so much that he was not going to sell it, we had a nice talk and he told me it was replacing his 6th generation ZR1, that he loved everything about the LC and said I should buy one. I may give him a call and see if I can sit in it/look at it because pics and video's can be misleading. Otherwise I need to head south to Milwaukee or Illinois to look at one. Just wanted to share that story.

I think you''re spot-on, the test drive is essential! I've rotated through 8 cars from 2020-2022, from huracan to 488, my last one being a Porsche 991.2 GT3. i wanted something with backseats (tremendously stupid reason to sell a GT3, i know), and i only have money / space / time for one car. After a ton of research, test drive and videos, i decided on the LC500. Very underrated.

Pros -
>Beautiful on the outside and inside. 911s aren't as head-turning, while ferraris and lamborghinis are.. too much so. The LC500 can be under stated but also beautiful in the "Aston" way.
>Beautiful engine note, not obnoxious at all. Other sports cars beat it at this, but hey it's all about trade-offs!
>The rear seats are more cushy and spacious than usual 2+2s.

Cons -
>not very fast.
>heavy (a good thing if you want a safer car for city driving
>Handling isn't as raw as some like - but c'mon, this isn't meant to be an all-out sports car or track car!

The test drive was what converted me. Hearing sounds in-person and the driving feel. And the relatively-low price compared to those makes ive mentioned above. Did i mention reliability too?
The following 3 users liked this post by NewLexFan:
71Choptop (01-30-22), RazSrq (07-07-24), Vitveet (07-02-22)
Old 10-16-22, 10:15 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

2019 what was new from 2018:

New Standard Features:
  • Reprogrammed shift logic for 10-speed automatic transmission
  • Range of Adaptive Variable Suspension expanded for enhanced ride comfort
  • Enhanced steering, revised VGRS and change to aluminum steering support bracket
  • Modified rear engine mounts
  • Apple CarPlay® Compatible
  • Amazon Alexa integration
  • Lexus Enform Remote (smart watch and Amazon Alexa skill integration)
  • Lexus Enform Dynamic Navigation
  • Dynamic Voice Command
  • Lexus Enform Wi-Fi
Color Changes:
  • Obsidian exterior added

https://pressroom.lexus.com/56077-2/
Old 10-16-22, 10:17 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

2020 what was new:

What’s New: 2020 Lexus LC 500 / 500h

Interior Updates:
  • MID now includes “Check Fuel Cap” indicator
  • Reverse tone changes from intermittent to single
Safety:
  • Blind Spot Monitor and Side Mirrors with BSM Indicator now Standard
Color Changes:
  • Flare Yellow
Special Edition: 20MY Inspiration Series
  • Production: 100 total, LC 500 only.
Enhancements include:

▪ New Nori Green exterior available only on Inspiration Series

▪ New Bespoke Saddle Tan interior

▪ Premium leather-wrapped heated steering wheel

▪ L-Aniline leather front seats with NuLuxe rear seats, in place of Semi-Aniline

▪ Unique Inspiration stainless-steel scuff plates

▪ Card key in addition to two key fobs

▪ Navigation (NV) and Color Head-up Display (HUD) included

https://pressroom.lexus.com/2020-lex...coupe-refined/
Old 10-16-22, 10:18 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

2021 what was new:

What’s New: 2021 Lexus LC 500 / 500h

LC 500/500h

Performance Updates:
  • Reduction of unsprung weight (approx. 22 lbs.)
  • Suspension updates to provide smoother, softer suspension stroke
    • Electronic absorber controls adjusted, bound stopper rigidity optimized
    • Rear stabilizer rigidity increased to improve front turn-in ability
  • Active Cornering Assist (ACA) added
  • LC 500: Update to transmission timing, logic changes
  • LC 500h: Multi-Stage Hybrid System shift timing updated
Exterior Updates:
  • Two exterior paint colors added: Cadmium Orange and Nori Green Pearl
  • Refreshed 20” forged alloy wheel with Dark Graphite finish
Interior Updates:
  • Flare Red leather interior added (replaces Rioja Red), Bespoke White leather discontinued
  • Updated Multimedia, Android Auto added

https://pressroom.lexus.com/2021-lex...iving-evolved/
Old 10-16-22, 10:21 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

2022 what was new:

WHAT’S NEW: 2022 LC 500 / 500H

• Dynamic handling enhancements based on Lexus Driving Signature
  • 21-inch forged alloy wheel added to Sport Package
  • First-ever LC 500 Bespoke Build allows Lexus guests to customize their unique vehicle
  • Starting MSRP of $93,050
PLANO, Texas (October 29, 2021) – Since its inception, the LC 500 family has represented a harmonious blend of emotional design and top-tier driving performance. Through a process of continuous improvement, or kaizen, Lexus engineers consistently refine the flagship sports coupe. Building upon last year’s updates to wheels, suspension and vehicle stability control, the LC 500 and LC 500h return for 2022 with additional suspension enhancements based on the Lexus Driving Signature philosophy, as well as the first-ever Bespoke Build, allowing guests to customize their own LC 500.

The 2022 LC 500 will have an MSRP of $93,050, while the LC 500h will start at $99,050. Both vehicles are expected to arrive in dealerships in late 2021.

Key Evolutions for 2022

For 2022, the LC 500 continues to embrace the Lexus Driving Signature Next Chapter brand pillar through enhancements to the vehicle’s dynamic handling characteristics. Front and rear suspension settings have been optimized to enhance ground contact feel, linear steering response and steering effectiveness in the high cornering G range. This suspension enhancement results in nimbler vehicle handling and a sharper connection between driver and vehicle.

The available LC 500 sport package includes numerous performance upgrades, including Torsen limited-slip rear differential with Yamaha performance damper, performance brake pads and Alcantara-trimmed seats. For 2022, the sport package with glass roof adds 21-inch forged alloy wheels with polish finish and Gloss Black accents. The carbon fiber roof will now be a customization option exclusive to the first-ever LC Bespoke Build.

First-Ever LC 500 Bespoke Build

The 2022 LC 500 and LC 500h will launch with the first-ever Bespoke Build, allowing Lexus guests to configure their vehicle with a mix of performance and styling components. The LC Bespoke Build is based on the Sport Package, which includes Torsen limited-slip rear differential with Yamaha rear performance damper, high mu performance brake pads and Intuitive Parking Assist. The all-weather package with heated steering wheel is also standard.

Bespoke Build offers numerous ways for Lexus guests to customize the LC 500’s wheels, spoiler, roof and exterior/interior trim and colors. Certain customization options, including the carbon fiber roof and all-new Manhattanhenge interior color will be exclusive to Bespoke Build, while others like the carbon fiber air wing spoiler and 21-inch forged alloy wheels with Black finish were previously only available on the LC Inspiration Series. The exclusive Manhattanhenge interior color name is derived from a rare New York City occurrence befitting of the Bespoke Build. On these two special days a year, the rising or setting sun aligns perfectly with the main Manhattan street grid, creating a beautiful orange glow that illuminates the urban skyline.

The LC 500 Bespoke Build will be further distinguished with a unique interior badge and included certificate of authenticity printed on Japanese washi paper and signed and stamped by LC Chief Engineer Yasushi Muto and Lexus Vice President of Marketing Vinay Shahani. A special LC 500 Bespoke Build configurator will launch on Lexus.com on November 17 and will allow Lexus guests to customize and place an order for their vehicle online. The selected Lexus dealer will provide updates throughout the production process for a truly personalized experience.

https://pressroom.lexus.com/whats-new-2022-lc-500-500h/
Old 10-16-22, 10:28 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

2023 what's new:

WHAT’S NEW: 2023 LC 500 / 500H

• Dynamic handling based on Lexus Driving Signature
  • Addition of Cloudburst Gray paint color
... Building upon last year’s updates to wheels, suspension and vehicle stability control, the LC 500 and LC 500h return for 2023 with additional suspension enhancements based on the Lexus Driving Signature philosophy.

Lexus Driving Signature

For 2023, the LC 500 embraces Lexus Driving Signature through the vehicle’s dynamic handling characteristics. Front and rear suspension settings have been optimized to enhance ground contact feel, linear steering response, and steering effectiveness in the high cornering G range. With nimbler vehicle handling, Lexus Driving Signature creates a sharper connection between driver and vehicle.

... For 2023, the sport package with glass roof adds 21-inch forged alloy wheels with polish finish and Gloss Black accents.

...The 2023 LC 500 receives a more focused color palette featuring nine exterior colors: Caviar, Cloudburst Gray*, Atomic Silver, Ultra White*, Infrared**, Nightfall Mica, Flare Yellow**, Nori Green Pearl and Cadmium Orange**.

*Available for an additional $500 charge

**Available for an additional $595 charge

edited from: https://pressroom.lexus.com/whats-new-2023-lc-500-500h/
The following users liked this post:
doitup (12-01-22)
Old 10-16-22, 01:07 PM
Doctj
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

thanks for the update.

Still waiting for massage seats at this price point. Won’t hold my breath though.
The following 2 users liked this post by Doctj:
bitkahuna (10-16-22), NiceCars (02-14-23)
Old 10-17-22, 11:53 AM
fodalo
Instructor

Received 334 Likes on 250 Posts

Bitka
I know sickpuppy posted no upgrades to the 2018's xcept carplay a while back, since then, any upgrades performance wise, tranny etc. been announced via software process?
Old 10-17-22, 07:56 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by fodalo
Bitka
I know sickpuppy posted no upgrades to the 2018's xcept carplay a while back, since then, any upgrades performance wise, tranny etc. been announced via software process?
no idea, sorry. i just posted the official lexus year change release notes.
Old 10-17-22, 10:07 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,950 Likes on 1,373 Posts

Originally Posted by fodalo
Bitka
Nope!!!!!!
Old 10-18-22, 01:18 PM
fodalo
Instructor

Received 334 Likes on 250 Posts

Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: Model year differences