LC Model (2018-present)

Just Took Delivery of a 2021 LC 500 Inspiration Series Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-20, 09:45 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,949 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingdom08
We arrived with the top down but the valet attendant put it up when he parked it.
You let a valet drive it I guess I don't eat at such posh places When I go to a place with an attendant, I tell 'em I'll park it myself. They usually allow that. If they don't, I go elsewhere!

This proclivity started many years ago when I was living in Santa Barbara and I saw a valet back a red Ferrari into a red Pantera Wasn't pretty!!!!!

Lou
Old 09-01-20, 10:15 PM
Kingdom08
Rookie

Received 96 Likes on 36 Posts

ucla bruin: the structural blue is indeed a stunningly beautiful color. As far as the white goes it does make the car pop with the top down IMO. And the stitching on the seats is just magnificent. And you are correct the Inspiration series convertible doesn't come in any other color combos and this year at least the structural blue is limited to the Inspiration series. I really loved my 2018 LC 500 coupe in Nightfall Mica with the caramel interior with leather and alcantara. It gave you this feeling of being swathed in luxury, perhaps even more than the white interior on the Inspiration car. Perhaps it is the perforations on the seats and thinner leather where the perforations are. Those portions of the seat may not be as durable in the long run as what I had in my LC coupe. Just a sense I get.

flowrider: the restaurant we went to is called Mr Chow. It's a high end Asian restaurant frequented by celebrities and the valet attendants handle so many high end cars - there are always a few Rolls and Bentley's there. I was surprised they knew how to close the top on the car because that switch is pretty hidden from view. Pre Covid when you could dine inside on one night Rod Stewart and his daughters were seated next to us and Randy Couture was across from us. And when we were leaving Steven Seagal walked in and we also saw Brandon Fraser at another table.

I loved my LC 500 coupe a lot! I had so many great experiences in it. Had the dealer not come down in price on the Inspiration series and come up on my trade in value I would have been perfectly happy to walk and keep my LC coupe. I have attached a video that was the last video I have of it - parked in the spot that the convertible now resides in. The lady who came out of her white RC 350 F Sport is a good friend of mine. It was with her that I first drove an LC 500. We went on a trip to northern California for her birthday and on one of our stops we stayed at the Post Ranch Inn. I didn't know this previously but they had a whole fleet of Lexuses that you could choose from to take out for a day at no charge. So of course I reserved an LC 500 for her birthday and we had so much fun in that car! After reading so much about those cars getting to drive one for a day like that was an incredible experience. After that I was "hooked" and I told myself I would wait a few months for the used LC 500 prices to come down and for my daughter to graduate from college and would then get one - and I did!

Last edited by Kingdom08; 09-01-20 at 10:20 PM.
Old 09-01-20, 10:54 PM
Kingdom08
Rookie

Here are some pics and a couple of videos from that fateful day - my first driving experience in the LC 500 (and hers too) - courtesy of the Post Ranch Inn in Big Sur, CA where we stayed for a few nights. tt was an unforgettable experience. A great birthday celebration experience for her. We came back from that trip and headed to Ireland and London and made it back right before the Covid lockdown in CA and then a few months later I bought a 2018 Lexus LC 500 and she got a 2017 RC 350 F Sport.

Old 09-02-20, 06:24 AM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 146 Likes on 98 Posts

Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys is asking MSRP for the two they have - one white (with custom wheels) , one structural blue. I saw a posting on FB from someone that confirmed the prices. They posted the pics below...

Link: https://keyeslexus.com/new-inventory...anchor-model-6

Last edited by uchujin; 09-02-20 at 07:14 AM.
Old 09-02-20, 08:53 AM
355F1
Racer

Received 638 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by uchujin
Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys is asking MSRP for the two they have - one white (with custom wheels) , one structural blue. I saw a posting on FB from someone that confirmed the prices. They posted the pics below...

interesting....my phone call to a salesperson there resulted with him telling me the Inspiration Series was $50k over MSRP.

Old 09-02-20, 09:28 AM
Kingdom08
Rookie

I put an inquiry into Keyes Lexus as to their price on the Inspiration convertible and they emailed back and was told it was being priced at "market value" so have asked for clarification on that. I doubt they would sell it at MSRP.
The following users liked this post:
355F1 (09-02-20)
Old 09-02-20, 09:30 AM
uchujin
Advanced

Originally Posted by 355F1
interesting....my phone call to a salesperson there resulted with him telling me the Inspiration Series was $50k over MSRP.
Yeah, I don't know for sure. Just relaying what someone posted on FB. I would think the dealership is obligated to honor what they're showing on their website - which is MSRP. When I bought my LC (3 years ago), the motor group (that's comprised of several dealerships) - had my car (loaded) listed on their site for dealer cost, which was very unusual at that time. The GM at the Lexus dealership (within that motor group) wasn't even aware of the discounted price on the motor group site. My car was in fact listed on the dealership's own site for MSRP. But because it was on the motor group site for a lower price, the GM had to honor that lower price.

Last edited by uchujin; 09-02-20 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-02-20, 09:36 AM
DRGibbons
Advanced

Received 469 Likes on 251 Posts

I put an inquiry into Keyes Lexus as to their price on the Inspiration convertible and they emailed back and was told it was being priced at "market value" so have asked for clarification on that. I doubt they would sell it at MSRP.
I'm being reminded of something P.T. Barnum said . . . . . . . . hmmmmm

Old 09-02-20, 09:47 AM
Kingdom08
Rookie

Here is the reply from Keyes Lexus. If it was honestly being sold at MSRP I would trade my RCF Track Edition in and hold a second Inspiration convertible but that clearly isn't the case.

Old 09-02-20, 10:01 AM
355F1
Racer

Here is the reply from Keyes Lexus. If it was honestly being sold at MSRP I would trade my RCF Track Edition in and hold a second Inspiration convertible but that clearly isn't the case.

what a stupid reply from that internet salesperson.
uchujin (09-02-20)
Old 09-02-20, 10:22 AM
DRGibbons
Advanced

I 'deamand' he learn how to spell as well!!
The following 3 users liked this post by DRGibbons:
355F1 (09-29-20), draleem1 (10-07-20), uchujin (09-02-20)
Old 09-02-20, 10:58 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by uchujin

wonder why the white one has aftermarket wheels?
Old 09-02-20, 11:06 AM
DRGibbons
Advanced

I've been in that dealership a lot of times. It was the first place I saw a LC live. At Keyes Lexus, and all of their other dealerships there in Van Nuys do that a lot, even at their Mercedes, Chevrolet, Toyota, etc. They think they can add some wheels and get even MORE markup. Those fellas (sales) are not a good group to work with - Just my opinion.
uchujin (09-02-20)
Old 09-02-20, 11:10 AM
uchujin
Advanced

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
wonder why the white one has aftermarket wheels?
Not completely unheard of. I've seen a handful of dealers change the wheels to aftermarket on LCs over the years. I remember one dealership did 2 different Inspiration Series LCs with these white Vossen CG-205T wheels...

Old 09-02-20, 01:38 PM
355F1
Racer

Did Lexus dealers mark up the 2018 Structural Blue Inspiration Series coupes?

Quick Reply: Just Took Delivery of a 2021 LC 500 Inspiration Series Convertible