LC Model (2018-present)

Just Took Delivery of a 2021 LC 500 Inspiration Series Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-20 | 12:23 PM
Kingdom08
Rookie

One nice thing about Lexus is that if you are willing to consider an older Lexus you can find something for almost every budget. Another good friend of mine was looking for an SUV. She had a bad experience with her first car which was a Ford Mustang and she told me about how many mechanical problems she had on the car and how for a period of time she could not afford to fix it and couldn't sell the car either because she owed the bank more than what the car was worth. And so she did without a car for a couple of years. Her mother, who drives from Sarasota, FL to Naples everyday needed a new car and she recommended her mother get a Lexus because I had always talked up the brand. Her mother ended up getting a used CT200 and for 3 years now has been very happy with her purchase. So I told Chloe I would try to find her a good used Lexus SUV. She said she didn't want to finance anything because she wanted to own something outright and not be obligated to paying a bank every month for the car. So her budget was under $8K. It took about 3 weeks of checking listings on various websites but on Craigslist I came across an original owner 2006 Lexus RX 400 H w AWD and a Mark Levinson stereo, tires with only 3K miles on them and it even had DVD players built into the back with the original headphones. It had full service records from Lexus of Beverly Hills and Santa Monica. It did need new struts/shocks and an alignment. I was able to get these replaced for $1200 including the alignment at a local Brakemaster shop. She went with KYB which is OEM Lexus equipment but available outside the dealership for way less. The SUV had 121K original miles on it. So she had $6700 into the car. The day after she had the suspension fixed she left for Florida to visit her mother and returned to LA. Then she took another trip up to Utah and back The SUV has performed flawlessly. She had an oil change and tire rotation done upon her return from the Florida roundtrip. The car has all original paint and some scrapes and dings but for the money paid is a very practical and reliable car for her and she's so happy with it.

I did my last trip in my 2018 LC 500 with her to La Jolla and she loves and appreciates all my Lexus cars! For her my GSF is the easiest car to drive.

The following users liked this post:
1wacko (09-04-20)
Old 09-03-20 | 02:32 PM
housedogg
10th Gear

Congrats...I am looking at one here in Hawaii. They got in two and one is spoken for but they are holding one for me, #92 of 100, to see if I want to get it. To my knowledge, they aren't marking it up and I have been dealing with these guys, the only dealership on island, for the past 11yrs. The sticker price is $120k so I know I wouldn't pay anything over that
The following 3 users liked this post by housedogg:
DRGibbons (09-03-20), redhot47fl (09-03-20), uchujin (09-04-20)
Old 09-03-20 | 02:55 PM
Frog98
Lead Lap

I'd have to agree with your friend about how easy the GS F is to drive. It's just so practical, comfortable, easy to see out of, easy to get in and out of. It just feels familiar in the way everything works. Yet, it feels special and responsive being an "F" car. It doesn't have the looks or the sound of the LC, but for everyday use...it's hard to beat! I love them both.
1wacko (09-04-20)
Old 09-03-20 | 06:04 PM
Kingdom08
Rookie

Frog98: Yes I do love the GSF also and agree with your assessment on it. I feel it's been an underrated and under-appreciated part of the Lexus line up. I just said goodbye to my LC Inspiration convertible for a few days because I am having the clear protective film put on it. I'll definitely miss the car but of course have the GSF and RCF Track Edition to drive in its absence. LOL. Here are some pics I just took before saying goodbye to the car for a few days.

The following 3 users liked this post by Kingdom08:
1wacko (09-04-20), Frog98 (09-03-20), guanche2k9 (09-05-20)
Old 09-03-20 | 06:35 PM
Kingdom08
Rookie

housedogg: It would be amazing if you could get #92 at MSRP. I don't think it's a decision you would regret but as always check out the car in person and see if it is for you. I assume you are in Oahu? My cousins were born in Oahu and have lived there all their lives other than coming to the mainland for college and I visit all the islands frequently.
Old 09-03-20 | 07:27 PM
01raja
Driver

I am not aware of any sort of lifetime warranty from Lexus of Beverly Hills.
Here are a few. Just in case you keep your rides longer than most.
Phrases F&I hate "Cash Deal." "I already have the check made out." "I'm using USAA."

https://www.lexusoforland.com/lifetime-warranty/
https://www.tomwoodlexus.com/lifetime-powertrain.htm
https://www.lexusofwesleychapel.com/...lifetime-plan/
https://www.lexusofdayton.com/lifetime-warranty.htm

Are you adding a front bumper protector? PPF?

Old 09-04-20 | 09:45 AM
01raja
Driver

Are you getting dye transfer already on the passenger bolster?
Old 09-04-20 | 09:56 AM
Kingdom08
Rookie

01raja: Thanks for the info on the free powertrain warranties that some Lexus dealers offer. It's sort of like an insurance policy they sell that increases their profit margin while giving some customers peace of mind. I looked at all the brands that are excluded in the "fine print" in the details provided on the contract by Tom Woods Lexus - BMW, Mercedes, Ferrari and Audi are on their list among many others. All brands that I had major problems with in the past during the warranty period and post warranty. I've owned 20 Lexus's since 1996 and driven some well past 200K miles and never had any issues with a single car so my guess if they will make money on Lexus sale to compensate for losses on some of the other brands they sell that are covered on the extended warranty. The warranty also doesn't transfer to the next owner so part of their calculation is certainly that only a few people actually keep their cars for extended periods.

I am not sure why you mean by "dye transfer"? Thanks.
Old 09-04-20 | 10:50 AM
355F1
Racer

Originally Posted by Kingdom08
Blue jeans leave blue dye on light colored interiors.

Old 09-04-20 | 11:18 AM
Kingdom08
Rookie

355F1: Ah ok. Right after I took delivery of the car the GSM told me that since the car was originally intended for Jim Falk's wife that they had already put a paint protection on the exterior and and some coating on the interior to protect it from stains such as blue jeans so not to bother spending the money to get that done.
355F1 (09-04-20)
Old 09-04-20 | 12:45 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

absolutely stunning- congrats!
Kingdom08 (09-04-20)
Old 09-04-20 | 05:58 PM
01raja
Driver

Originally Posted by Kingdom08
01raja: Thanks for the info on the free powertrain warranties that some Lexus dealers offer. It's sort of like an insurance policy they sell that increases their profit margin while giving some customers peace of mind. I looked at all the brands that are excluded in the "fine print" in the details provided on the contract by Tom Woods Lexus - BMW, Mercedes, Ferrari and Audi are on their list among many others. All brands that I had major problems with in the past during the warranty period and post warranty. I've owned 20 Lexus's since 1996 and driven some well past 200K miles and never had any issues with a single car so my guess if they will make money on Lexus sale to compensate for losses on some of the other brands they sell that are covered on the extended warranty. The warranty also doesn't transfer to the next owner so part of their calculation is certainly that only a few people actually keep their cars for extended periods.

on the passenger seat it appears to show indigo blue coloring on the inside bolster in the last photo.
Old 09-04-20 | 07:45 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01raja
on the passenger seat it appears to show indigo blue coloring on the inside bolster in the last photo.
good catch. on my g90 (which has white interior) i do get jeans blue on the driver's seat, but it comes right off with a quick wipe of leather cleaner, so no biggie.
Old 09-04-20 | 07:55 PM
uchujin
Advanced

Originally Posted by housedogg
Congrats...I am looking at one here in Hawaii. They got in two and one is spoken for but they are holding one for me, #92 of 100, to see if I want to get it. To my knowledge, they aren't marking it up and I have been dealing with these guys, the only dealership on island, for the past 11yrs. The sticker price is $120k so I know I wouldn't pay anything over that
Servco Lexus! Honolulu or Kahului? I live in MA, but I've been to both locations. LOL. If they'll sell it for MSRP, you should grab it.

Last edited by uchujin; 09-05-20 at 06:48 AM.
Old 09-05-20 | 12:02 PM
Kingdom08
Rookie

I don't believe there are any blue stains on the interior of the Inspiration convertible. Nobody has worn blue jeans or anything blue so I am hoping its some sort of strange reflection in the pics. I'll of course check things out when I get the car back on Tuesday night from having the PPF installed. And in the event they are there then they will hopefully come off with leather cleaner as the seats were supposedly protected with some sort of treatment. Ive really missed driving the car for the past 2 days. But picked up my 1991 GMC Syclone and put it in my garage this morning. That was one of 2 trucks that were my idea when I worked for GM and I was program manager from concept to production - the other one being the GMC Typhoon (SUV version).

The following 2 users liked this post by Kingdom08:
Dragnee (09-05-20), Lend0 (09-11-20)

Quick Reply: Just Took Delivery of a 2021 LC 500 Inspiration Series Convertible