LC Model (2018-present)

Tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-23, 12:57 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

I was wondering why the PS5S aren't coming up in my searches. On the Michelin website they don't make these in 21", only 20".
Old 12-24-23, 01:50 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,930 Likes on 1,361 Posts

^^^^Because they are not yet available to the general public, only to OEMs. In time the PSS5 will be available to all.
Old 12-24-23, 02:06 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Fester
not entirely true. I have 2024 LC500 coupe. I have seen bespoke cars with Ps5s non RFT but I got regular with all options as I wanted dynamic package which bespoke cars don’t have (there is no rear axle steering in bespoke cars, that I really wanted). Regardless, the bespoke cars are coming with those black wheels and Michelin PS5S tires, while mine had Dunlop RFTs. Mine is fairly new 2024 build as well.
What model are your tires?

Now that is really strange Other members are reporting that the MY24s coming with Dunlops are the SportMax 060:

Edit - I blew up and edited your pic, and your Dunlops appear to be SportMax 060s❓

Last edited by flowrider; 12-24-23 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-24-23, 03:06 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by sickpuppy
Now that is really strange Other members are reporting that the MY24s coming with Dunlops are the SportMax 060:

Edit - I blew up and edited your pic, and your Dunlops appear to be SportMax 060s❓
The difference is probably Dunlops for 21" and P5S for 20".
Old 12-24-23, 08:13 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^Nope - For MY24 Lexus dropped the 20" wheel as Standard or optional. There are two 21" wheel styles for standard models and a third 21" style for the BeSpoke option.

Here's a MY24 with 21s and PSS5:

The following users liked this post:
Fester (12-24-23)
Old 12-24-23, 08:31 PM
Fester
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts

newbie mistake, you are indeed correct. Mine are not RFTs and these are dunlops as you stated.
flowrider (12-25-23)
Old 12-25-23, 10:49 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^Whew - Glad we got that straightened out
Old 12-25-23, 01:42 PM
Fester
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts

^^^^Whew - Glad we got that straightened out
I had a chance to drive LC on backroads in the San Francisco Bay Area today and I can tell you all that DO NOT drive spiritedly with these Dunlop tires on the roads with even a little bit of dampness, these are going to loose grip. Worst summer tires I have ever experienced. I have Michelin Cup 2 on my GT4 and Michelin PSS4 on my 911, and those are leaps and bounds better, esp cup 2 are soft compound streetable track tire and it’s performance on damp pavement is better than these dunlops. Not even close to PSS4s and I would imagine PSS5s would be even better. Upon my first opportunity I’m replacing these with PSS4/5 tires. Dunlops are NOT confidence inspiring tires.
guanche2k9 (12-26-23)
Old 02-15-24, 05:40 PM
BruceinFla
Advanced

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

So I picked up a screw. 🤬 I think it's pluggable but barely. (Location) Discount already told me they can have the tire in a day if need be. So I call Melbourne Lexus. What morons. They have exactly 1 21" LC tire in stock. A Michelin. I may need a Stone.
Their Flagship car and they can't keep 4 tires in stock for it?
Got a call into the GM to bust his chops.
Bruce in Fl
Old 02-16-24, 08:50 AM
BruceinFla
Advanced

Originally Posted by RCFun
Good point about a generic donut. I didn't even think about the rim, I was more of the mindset to just have the tire and then be able to have any tire shop mount it on the existing rim. The run flat will get me to the shop on a Sunday, it's more about what happens once I'm there. However, the idea of having the donut that could fit the front AND the rear temporarily might be a good compromise.
Keep in mind that unless you live near a major metropolitan city, you may not find them in stock anywhere. You may get them the next though.
Bruce in Fl
Old 02-22-24, 09:40 AM
BruceinFla
Advanced

Originally Posted by BruceinFla
So I picked up a screw. 🤬 I think it's pluggable but barely. (Location) Discount already told me they can have the tire in a day if need be. So I call Melbourne Lexus. What morons. They have exactly 1 21" LC tire in stock. A Michelin. I may need a Stone.
Their Flagship car and they can't keep 4 tires in stock for it?
Got a call into the GM to bust his chops.
Bruce in Fl
My Discount Tire has gone Bats*** crazy.
I thought they plugged my tire. I even SHOWED them the screw,. I get home and look and the "plug" looks shiney. Almost like the screw that was in there but with no head. That's strange I think. I let a few days go by and low and behold, the tire has lost air. WTF?! So I call then and go in for them to plug it again(?). Strange, their system says they plugged The Other Front Tire.

I had the tire pressure screen on the dash the whole 30 min there and check my pressures at the start and park of Every drive. I knew Only One Effin Tire was leaking.

Now their train REALLY starts to go jump off the rails. The Manager looking guy says, Here are your options. (??!! plug the damn tire correctly this time, how about that option!) If they plug it and it still isn't holding air, THEY WON'T LET ME LEAVE WITH AN UNSAFE LEAKING TIRE. I said to the guy, Hunter. Believe me. We Will NEVER have Any circumstance here where you tell me I'm not leaving with my car. So he says we need to order the tire and have it on hand. It will only take a day so I tell them to order it and head home. I still don't have a clue how they plugged a tire with no hole in it.

I get home and in my inbox is an email from Discount that says I have some Bridgestone ALENZA in the correct size in my purchase basket. So...getting PO'd about now. I call Hunter back. Sure nuf he ordered that tire. Of course, I tell him it's the wrong tire. This Dip**** proceeds to say "They're the same tire". I proceed to clue his a** in starting with the L in the tire size that the ARE NOT The Same Tire. And this guy looks like the freaking Manager.

I will be talking with their district manger when all this finally shakes out.
Pay the heck attention yall, even when it's so damn simple you think things are OK.
Bruce in FL where Everyone is losing their damn mind but me.

Last edited by BruceinFla; 02-23-24 at 03:43 AM.
ragabnh (02-23-24)
Old 02-22-24, 02:03 PM
fodalo
Instructor

Received 333 Likes on 249 Posts

Bruce!!! I love it man, you should be a writer. I am giggling ( not at you) but the way you are describing your scenario, absolutely priceless. It will all work out and thanks for the heads up on the much to be desired, of the tire industry.
Old 02-22-24, 09:18 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

I've been a steady customer of Discount Tire since my arrival in Tucson AZ 27 years ago. I moved up to a small but growing hamlet between Tucson and metro Phoenix 17 years ago when I retired. I have dealt with two Discount tire stores in Tucson (followed an AM from store to store) and deal directly with the Manager up here. I have never had an issue with Discount Tire. They give me great pricing because I send them customers and they go above and beyond to make me happy. It's been my experience (only once) that Discount Tire will not just plug a tire. They remove the tire from the wheel and both plug and patch the tire from the inside. It's a liability thing. I'm also allowed in the garage and watch everything they do while servicing both my LC and my truck. Also, I develop a first name basis relationship with anyone who works on my vehicles.
Old 02-23-24, 07:24 AM
BruceinFla
Advanced

Originally Posted by fodalo
Bruce!!! I love it man, you should be a writer. I am giggling ( not at you) but the way you are describing your scenario, absolutely priceless.
In another life 20 years ago, I did write a column on Long Distance Endurance motorcycle riding for "Rollin' Mag" an E-zine. Then there were constant headbutts with my good friend the Editor. He wanted more correct grammer and punctuation and I wanted to use both of those as I pleased to more effectively convey my emotion. These days it seems to me that the occupation of print Editor is about as prevalent as Street Horse Poo Collector. At least once a day I see some glaringly obvious elementary school error in print.

I've been a steady customer of Discount Tire since my arrival in Tucson AZ 27 years ago. I moved up to a small but growing hamlet between Tucson and metro Phoenix 17 years ago when I retired. I have dealt with two Discount tire stores in Tucson (followed an AM from store to store) and deal directly with the Manager up here. I have never had an issue with Discount Tire.
Thia has generally been my experiences also, even with this store, but not quite to your hand holding singing Kum by yah level. Yesterday, I had a little fit on their Faceplant page and got a call back from the store Manager. (Good followup there.) He was going to talk to the tech that actually did "the plug/patch". We both did agree that Possibly there was a nail or screw in the Other tire they patched but that puncture may not have been all tbe way through the steel belts. He said in that case they Actualluy Might Use A Reamer To Finish Puncturing The Tire to plug/patch it. I GUESS that makes sense. He did agree with me about not wanting to put two different name tires on a LC. Strangely enough, I went and sniffed around on line and the Alenza and Potenza DO appear to be the same tire. Even the same speed rating. Why in the hell Bridgestone would name 2 of the same tires different names befuddles me.

Someone called from the store this morning to set the appointment up for the tire they got in.
The ALENZA. The wrong tire.
UnFrickenbeleivable.
Bruce in Fl

Last edited by BruceinFla; 02-23-24 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-23-24, 11:16 AM
fodalo
Instructor

Received 333 Likes on 249 Posts

Ya Bruce Im familiar with those road apples!

Quick Reply: Tires