LC Model (2018-present)

Tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-24, 09:31 AM
pinemind
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^Nope - For MY24 Lexus dropped the 20" wheel as Standard or optional. There are two 21" wheel styles for standard models and a third 21" style for the BeSpoke option.

Here's a MY24 with 21s and PSS5:
Since the OEM Michelin PSS's are being phased out (run-flats), I wanted to see how you liked the new Michelin PSS5's? They're very new and don't have any reviews and I know they are the successor to the PS4S's. I had to get the Bridgestone OEM run-flats last round as the PSS's were backordered to hell and those tires are absolute garbage (maybe got 8k out of the rear vs 15k to 20k on the PSS's). Looking to make the move back to Michelin and looks like there's no run-flat option anymore.
Old 05-08-24, 11:07 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,930 Likes on 1,361 Posts

^^^^The RFTs are not being phased out, they are gone as of the MY2024 LC. RFTs, however, are still available in the aftermarket from many brands including Michelin:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...omCompare1=yes

As far as tire characteristics are concerned, wear is one factor, but certainly not the only factor. Wear is way down on my list of criteria for a performance tire. Performance and Handling in the dry and the wet is at the top of my list. I have the PS4S in larger than stock sizes and on wider than stock wheels on my LC. My PS4S are XL (extra load) which means they have stiffer side walls than LS (standard load) tires and should handle cornering better. So far the PSS5 have only been released in the SL version. If I were buying tires today, and I just bought my last set a couple of months ago, I would stick with the PS4S XL.

Lou
Old 05-08-24, 11:44 AM
pinemind
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^The RFTs are not being phased out, they are gone as of the MY2024 LC. RFTs, however, are still available in the aftermarket from many brands including Michelin:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...omCompare1=yes

As far as tire characteristics are concerned, wear is one factor, but certainly not the only factor. Wear is way down on my list of criteria for a performance tire. Performance and Handling in the dry and the wet is at the top of my list. I have the PS4S in larger than stock sizes and on wider than stock wheels on my LC. My PS4S are XL (extra load) which means they have stiffer side walls than LS (standard load) tires and should handle cornering better. So far the PSS5 have only been released in the SL version. If I were buying tires today, and I just bought my last set a couple of months ago, I would stick with the PS4S XL.

Lou
Thanks. I'm just going by what my Lexus dealership told me when I talked to them today, and given the limited stock numbers (currently) plus the 4 month backordered experience I had last summer. He seemed convinced that the LC Michelin PSS OEM (the one you referenced) is being phased out, so I was just being proactive in finding my next tire. We'll see what the stock looks like when I replace them right before summer, and if low/backordered, I'll go for PS4S XL for the next round.