LC Model (2018-present)

My White with Black Top over Toasted Caramel

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-21, 05:04 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Congratulations on receiving your Urus

They did a great job carrying what folks love in their 2 door formats into the SUV

Looking forward to seeing your Spec
Old 03-22-21, 08:50 AM
355F1
Racer

Received 637 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
. My Urus finally arrivedt
Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Congratulations on receiving your Urus

They did a great job carrying what folks love in their 2 door formats into the SUV

Looking forward to seeing your Spec
Yeah they did. I am seeing quite a few of them on the road out here as of the last couple months. They are very nice. I have sat in 4 or 5 of them at Luxury Auto Collection.

Please post up a pic once you get her home!

Last edited by 355F1; 03-22-21 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-02-21, 04:01 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

It's Friday afternoon and the work week is done.

Clear blue skies in Chicago and 50 degree weather, let's go for a drive.

Today we will focus on the smoothness of the drive.

The drive is so comfortable, cradles in the seats, imperceptible shifts, climate concierge making 50 into 74

My route has lots of stop signs.

In most automobiles, that leads to annoyance.

In the LC, it allows me to try shades of exhaust note, a little if the next stop sign is close, some more is I have a bit of distance between me and the next car and a whole lot where the road opens up from the pedestrian focused streetscape.

45 minutes of mood elevation to start the week end on a good note.

And then the compliments, the best coming from a gentleman in a 5 series who rolled up next to me at a stop and screamed, you must be having a great day. We continued to trade pleasantries until it was time to continue down the road. The other notable was a driver in an Accord shoving his arm high in the air above his car (for emphasis) to give me a thumbs up.
Old 04-18-21, 01:38 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Today we hiked at Goodenow Grove Nature Preserve in Crete IL

Lovely 40ish mile drive South of Chicago

Weather in the 60s, top down going out and coming home

Today I will focus on the general lack of open top cars on the road

I didn't see a single one in either leg of our trip

The bonus of the open top today was seeing hawks gliding in the sky above us as we were leaving the preserve

As Lexus has pitched about the car, it really allows occupants to connect with nature
Old 04-19-21, 05:35 AM
Adelaide55
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I’m seriously considering an LC500 Convertible and this thread has been so helpful.
I’m coming from a Mclaren 570S Spyder that I leased for 2.5 years. Fantastic car.
I wanted to go in a very different direction for my next car as I don’t think anything is going to compare to the Mclaren from a pure performance point of view (chassis rigidity, speed, drama etc.) short of another exotic (which I don’t want to spend that kind of money). Has to be a convertible.
I absolutely love the Lexus and its design intent - sound, feel, luxury and enjoyment without the need to go bonkers fast. Your story around the way you can enjoy the car from stoplight to stoplight highlights this point!
Up here in Canada the selection of cars is very slim but I’ve started my search in earnest!
The following users liked this post:
redhot47fl (04-19-21)
Old 04-19-21, 06:06 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Welcome to the site Adelaide

My LC is certainly a different (and thoroughly enjoyable) experience from my Gen 2 NSX

Yes, as long as you aren't looking for being jammed back into your seat with acceleration, and look forward to carving corners above the posted speed limits, you will have great times in the LC 500 Convertible.

How was your McLaren experience in term of reliability?

The dealership near my office sold their franchise (to focus more on Ferrari) and were like, good luck to the new owners.

I also pop onto McLaren Life once in a while and some of the car owner experiences are anything but funny (most recent, after taking a new 720S spider out in the rain, the next time he goes to drive it, a range of electronic issues surface).
Old 04-19-21, 07:30 AM
Adelaide55
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I loved everything about my Mclaren experience. Car was amazing, rock solid and its a very special car. I test drove the 720 Spyder and considered that when I turned the 570S in, but as mentioned, just wanted to take a break from the exotic thing - diminishing returns when cars are so unusably quick these days. Of course the feeling of insane acceleration is great - but that’s also a good/bad thing unless you’re on the track.

I think back to my own 2001 S2000 and miss the feeling of feeling totally engaged with it without hitting absolutely bonkers speeds. I get the sense the engine character in the LC will give some of that feeling as well since its not boosted or overly powerful. I have experience with some of the MB E63 / SL63 products and while they are great, they only come alive when you are hammering them - and then the speeds are insane - and the rest of the time they are a little punishingly stiff.

I do like the NSX as well - and in many ways would suit my needs especially with the 4 wheel drive - but its not a convertible so that’s the deal breaker.

Old 04-25-21, 08:14 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

A bit of a cooler day today.

With the top up we headed to Yorkville, IL to the Silver Springs Nature Preserve on the Fox River.

Let's focus on that top up experience today. Yes, the car is not as quiet as my sedan on the highway, but once you stop comparing the sound level to a fixed roof vehicle, you just have no sense that it is a convertible when you are driving along, have a conversation.

Once we got off the highway the top came down to enjoy the low 60s, blue skies and music soundtrack from the birds in the area.

Some nice sweeping turns and one good sharp bend to test the handling.

Lovely hiking with some varied terrain. Lots of families out for the day. Saw a pair of geese showing off their youngsters.

Very relaxing.

Went top down the whole way home. It was fine until we got back to Chicago, Closer to 50 degrees here, overcast and windy.

Got lots of looks from the hipsters in Bucktown eating tacos outdoors.

This week is supposed to get into the 80s so a chance to live the full open air experience.