LC Model (2018-present)

Used LC500 test drive not allowed by dealer!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-21 | 09:32 PM
Armand
Driver

Default Same happened to me...insulting

Lexus of Cerritos a-holes pulled the same with me. When I got my LC from another dealer I made sure to rub it in their face...im just that kind of guy.
Old 03-31-21 | 07:00 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I once had a Land Rover salesman refuse to let me test drive a Range Rover because "my lease wasn't up yet" (bear in mind I traded that car in for a $120,000 S Class with a year remaining on the lease lol). I went out to my car and called the dealership GM and they fired the salesman. He himself offered to pull any Range Rover around I wanted to drive and I told him thanks but no thanks.
Old 03-31-21 | 07:26 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

People still test drive?!? I didn’t test drive or even sit in the past 3-4 vehicles I purchased. Just called the dealer to order, and X months later, delivered to my door.
Old 03-31-21 | 08:51 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I would never buy a car without test driving it and all the cars I'm considering extensively...
Old 03-31-21 | 10:05 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I would never buy a car without test driving it and all the cars I'm considering extensively...
i think everyone on clublexus knows how you roll. but what you're comfortable and not comfortable with is your prerogative. i bought my lc sight unseen and no test drive (obviously having seen dozens of review videos and people i know havng and loving them) so to me it was a very safe bet i'd love it, and besides, it was a wonderful surprise and discovery learning about the car!
just like how you ppf/ceramic, detail and very frequently clean a leased car which for me would be a monumental waste of time and money.

Originally Posted by TimboIS
People still test drive?!? I didn’t test drive or even sit in the past 3-4 vehicles I purchased. Just called the dealer to order, and X months later, delivered to my door.
haha, with ya.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 04-02-21 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-31-21 | 10:32 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i think everyone on clublexus knows how you roll. but what you're comfortable and not comfortable with is your prerogative. i bought my lc sight unseen and no test drive (obviously having seen dozens of review videos and people i know havng and loving them) so to me it was a very safe bet i'd love it, and besides, it was a wonderful surprise and discovery learning about the car!
just like how you ppf/ceramic, detail and very frequently clean a leased car which to me is a monumental waste of time and money, but hey, more power to you.
Agreed. Most cars I have in my sights aren't even available when I decide to purchase. And you're 100% right with the surprise part... anticipation is half the fun (well up to a point). Urus arrived a week ago. And goodbye to the LC...

Last edited by TimboIS; 03-31-21 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-31-21 | 11:26 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

just like how you ppf/ceramic, detail and very frequently clean a leased car which to me is a monumental waste of time and money, but hey, more power to you.
I don't think test driving a car before you buy it is unusual lol. 99% of people who buy cars test drive them first. Would you buy expensive shoes you can't return without trying them on? Would you buy clothes you cant return without trying them on? Anything you interact with on a day to day basis you're going to want to try out and examine before you commit to it. Fun cars are a little bit different, but your daily driver you spend a ton of time in every day you would just buy without ever test driving or sitting in it? What if you found it really uncomfortable? Sure would be a bummer to spend a bunch of money for a car and be committed to it for years that I don't like driving.

As for cleaning a leased car, why would the fact that its leased vs owned change how I want it clean or the enjoyment I get out of caring for it and keeping it clean? I don't want to drive around in a dirty car and I enjoy detailing cars as a leisure activity. Ceramic coating lasts 3 years...I'm gonna have it 3 years If it was a chore I hated I wouldn't do it, I do it because I enjoy doing it.

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Agreed. Most cars I have in my sights aren't even available when I decide to purchase. And you're 100% right with the surprise part... anticipation is half the fun (well up to a point). Urus arrived a week ago. And goodbye to the LC...
Supercars are a different story. You can't just walk into a dealership and test drive a supercar, most people who buy them in fact have never driven one before they take delivery of it.

Last edited by SW17LS; 03-31-21 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-31-21 | 12:40 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

You went stealthy on the exterior of the Urus

Anything wild for the interior?
Old 03-31-21 | 02:46 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I don't think test driving a car before you buy it is unusual lol. 99% of people who buy cars test drive them first.
of course, but you made the blanket statement "I would never buy a car without test driving it and all the cars I'm considering extensively..."
never is pretty specific. and yes, i test drove the suv i have, because it was available and convenient to. like you wrote: "
Supercars are a different story. You can't just walk into a dealership and test drive a supercar, most people who buy them in fact have never driven one before they take delivery of it."

exactly, and why i didn't get to test drive an LC.

not getting into your shoes/clothes analogy, of course i do buy those sight unseen too but yes, i can return if they don't fit or don't like them.

As for cleaning a leased car, why would the fact that its leased vs owned change how I want it clean or the enjoyment I get out of caring for it and keeping it clean?
again, you do you... as for your question i respond why would i spend thousands to ppf/ceramic a car that i don't intend to keep beyond 3 years and i won't get any of that money back? (and ppf lasts more than 3 years) that's how i see it, and yes, i don't want to drive a dirty car either but dirty is relative. some people about faint if they get a single spot of dirt on their vehicles.

I enjoy detailing cars as a leisure activity.
i'd rather stick forks in my eyes.

just respect that not everyone sees the world as you do.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 04-02-21 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-31-21 | 05:45 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Armand
Lexus of Cerritos a-holes pulled the same with me. When I got my LC from another dealer I made sure to rub it in their face...im just that kind of guy.
They refused me a test drive on a LS. I was told they don't give test drives on cars costing over $100k without running credit.. I ended up buying from another dealer. I should've took my LS to the manager and told him he missed a sale.
Old 03-31-21 | 06:01 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

of course, but you made the blanket statement "I would never buy a car without test driving it and all the cars I'm considering extensively..."
...just respect that not everyone sees the world as you do.
I made a statement *I* would never buy a car without test driving it extensively. I. Me. Not you. Not him. Me. That can’t be a blanket statement because it’s a statement about what I do. Never is not too specific. *I* would never buy a car without driving it first. Fact. Doesn't mean others don't.

I responded to “who test drives cars anymore?”. That’s a blanket statement that comes from a place of not understanding that others see the world differently than they do. How is me responding that I do show that I am not respecting that others do things differently than me?

Sorry, but your post towards me was full of rude, snide, patronizing value judgements and I didn’t appreciate it.

Last edited by SW17LS; 03-31-21 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-01-21 | 06:22 AM
LC911JEFF
Pit Crew

To me the most important reason I would always test drive a vehicle before purchasing is the seating comfort and how I fit. You can

get a good idea about handling and performance from watching videos but you won't know how the car feels to sit in until you take

it for a ride.. When shopping for the LC I test drove BMW 8 series and knew immediately the seating wasn't for me. Others will love it.

Seating is a very subjective thing which is why I prefer the touring seats and don't like alcantara but others love the hugging effect

of performance seats and alcantara. We are all individuals with different viewpoints . There is no right or wrong answers only

different choices to make.. That's what makes the world interesting.. It would be pretty boring if we all agreed on everything.
The following users liked this post:
redhot47fl (04-01-21)
Old 04-01-21 | 06:40 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I've totally driven cars that had incredible reviews that just didn't fit me well and that I didn't care for. Sure would suck to figure that out when its my car and I'm committed to it lol. Especially if its a daily that I spend half my day in every day.
redhot47fl (04-01-21)
Old 04-01-21 | 05:01 PM
winterturb
Lead Lap

You don’t need to test drive a car to see if you fit in it. Test driving is way over rated you don’t truly get a feel for a car until you’ve spent hours in it. There is a reason they have driving schools. Some may not know this but you don’t fit any different in a car that is stationary vs one that’s moving.

lots of self importance comes from test driving a car but nothing significant does unless you are feeling for issues in car, which is why mechanics road test.
Old 04-01-21 | 05:09 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by winterturb
You don’t need to test drive a car to see if you fit in it. Test driving is way over rated you don’t truly get a feel for a car until you’ve spent hours in it. There is a reason they have driving schools. Some may not know this but you don’t fit any different in a car that is stationary vs one that’s moving.

lots of self importance comes from test driving a car but nothing significant does unless you are feeling for issues in car, which is why mechanics road test.
Before I buy a car i wanna see how the stereo sounds while driving, the ride characteristics, the visibility, comfort, the brakes, etc. I also might wanna compare it to other cars. If a dealer doesn't allow a test drive, that's their loss. If you buy a car without test driving and later realize you don't like it, that's an expensive mistake.
redhot47fl (04-01-21)

Quick Reply: Used LC500 test drive not allowed by dealer!