LC Model (2018-present)

Used LC500 test drive not allowed by dealer!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-21 | 02:44 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Sorry, but your post towards me was full of rude, snide, patronizing value judgements and I didn’t appreciate it.
Sorry you feel that way. Wasn't my intent and wasn't judging, just saying people (and you and i) have very different passions/preferences - neither is 'right'. My comment about not enjoying detailing cars for example was about me, not you... it's great that you enjoy it! we just have different hobbies/passions.
Old 04-02-21 | 07:38 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Sorry you feel that way. Wasn't my intent and wasn't judging, just saying people (and you and i) have very different passions/preferences - neither is 'right'. My comment about not enjoying detailing cars for example was about me, not you... it's great that you enjoy it! we just have different hobbies/passions.
I totally agree that everyone has different passions and preferences, but there us a difference between saying that you don't enjoy or wouldn't do something and making a broad statement that something is a "monumental waste of money" which implies someone who does that is foolish.

I never said buying a car without test driving it was foolish, all I said was I would never do it.
Old 04-02-21 | 08:11 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I totally agree that everyone has different passions and preferences, but there us a difference between saying that you don't enjoy or wouldn't do something and making a broad statement that something is a "monumental waste of money" which implies someone who does that is foolish.
fair enough and apologies, i'm not perfect, and edited the post to say it would be a monumental waste of money *for me* as i wouldn't appreciate it.
The following users liked this post:
LuxLife (05-02-21)
Old 04-03-21 | 06:43 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

fair enough and apologies, i'm not perfect, and edited the post to say it would be a monumental waste of money *for me* as i wouldn't appreciate it.
I appreciate that. It’s all good.
Old 04-11-21 | 11:29 PM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 9000revs
Is this normal behavior? It is a 2018 with about 30k miles and the dealer says they will only allow me to test drive if I agree to purchase and do finance paperwork first! I I want to test drive a 2018 as I want to understand the differences between 2018 and newer cars. The car is also not in the color I want.

I have never heard of this before. I would like to complain to Lexus Corporate. Does anyone know how I can do this?
Looks like they felt you had no intentions of purchasing and possibly was checking you. Its at their discretion to say yes or no. It’s not normal to force someone through finance paperwork to test drive a car, let alone a used car. Who told you this? Sales person, manager, general sales manager? And what are you hoping to accomplish complaining to Lexus Corp?

I hope you get to test drive one someday. Head down there when it’s slow, be honest with them. They will not like the fact knowing they are giving free rides, but they will appreciate your honesty and go on the test drive just to get you out of their hair. years ago I saw a local dealer had a used isf in stock. I know they won’t let any puck kid joyride a new one. I told the sales guy I can’t afford the isf yet, but I am in love with them and wanted to get a taste. He wasn’t smiling and thrill about it, but he said okay and let me drove it.
Old 04-12-21 | 08:23 AM
9000revs
Pole Position

This was all done online without them seeing me. I am no broke kid either .

I may have found a 2020 w perf package to test drive at a different dealership this week.
355F1 (04-12-21)
Old 04-12-21 | 11:19 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Good, take your business somewhere that deserves it.
355F1 (04-12-21)
Old 04-13-21 | 11:28 PM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 9000revs
This was all done online without them seeing me. I am no broke kid either .

I may have found a 2020 w perf package to test drive at a different dealership this week.
That’s great. Don’t worry about that dealership. Sounds like some trying to be tough sales guy online. If you were there in person​​​​​, I bet things be much different.
Old 04-22-21 | 04:08 AM
dingyibvs
Pit Crew

Before I bought my RC F I was considering the Kia Stinger. When I asked a local dealership for a test drive they told me I'd have to be willing to buy one that day. Apparently that's commonplace for Kia dealerships after checking around a bit. I'd expect more from a Lexus dealership. That experience put me off of Kias altogether. I'm not brand conscious/loyal, but that type of attitude put me off of Kias in general. Who knows, had I test driven the Stinger I may very well have chosen it over the RC F, but guess we'll never know now!
Old 04-22-21 | 05:46 AM
LC911JEFF
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by dingyibvs
Before I bought my RC F I was considering the Kia Stinger. When I asked a local dealership for a test drive they told me I'd have to be willing to buy one that day. Apparently that's commonplace for Kia dealerships after checking around a bit. I'd expect more from a Lexus dealership. That experience put me off of Kias altogether. I'm not brand conscious/loyal, but that type of attitude put me off of Kias in general. Who knows, had I test driven the Stinger I may very well have chosen it over the RC F, but guess we'll never know now!
I test drove stinger at 2 different KIA dealorships and more recently the Telluride . It all depends on the individual dealorship. By the way stinger is a nice car especially for the price but not in the same league as the LC 500. Did like the Telluride as a potential daily.

Last edited by LC911JEFF; 04-22-21 at 05:50 AM.
Old 05-02-21 | 11:25 PM
LuxLife
Driver School Candidate

May I say you are one of the coolest mods I've seen on any forum? I visit a ton of forums to find information, and you sir are one of the best. I used to be part time mod on another popular forum but I dip my hat to your great attitude.
Thanks for the great information on the LC thus far...you've definitely been a fantastic ambassador to the Lexus LC and may be one of the key reasons I end up with a LC someday.
Old 05-03-21 | 07:05 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LuxLife
May I say you are one of the coolest mods I've seen on any forum? I visit a ton of forums to find information, and you sir are one of the best. I used to be part time mod on another popular forum but I dip my hat to your great attitude.
Thanks for the great information on the LC thus far...you've definitely been a fantastic ambassador to the Lexus LC and may be one of the key reasons I end up with a LC someday.
don't want to presume but since you liked one of my posts perhaps this was directed at me, but to whomever it is directed, thank you!

i've been on CL two decades now. i admit i was down on lexus for the past decade or so as not putting in a full effort as the german brands in particular went nuts to defend and grow their market shares and sales. right now they're still pretty much 'phoning it in' with minor refreshes on most models (the new LS is stylish but less roomy than before though), but just like the insanely great LFA, the LC500 shows what Toyota/Lexus can do if it wants to, and it's spectacular. the LC has some quirks to be sure but the design is stunning and unique and build quality and materials is second to none, imo.

i know electric vehicles are the new cool thing, but the LC just kept nagging at me as a special rare thing that wouldn't have maintenance headaches, and we all know what 2020 was like so in the second half, after a lot of agonizing, i decided i had to have one.

my boring work suv will be replaced in 3 years with an electric of some kind, but i plan to keep the LC for a while.
LuxLife (05-03-21)
Old 05-03-21 | 07:38 AM
LuxLife
Driver School Candidate

don't want to presume but since you liked one of my posts perhaps this was directed at me, but to whomever it is directed, thank you!

i've been on CL two decades now. i admit i was down on lexus for the past decade or so as not putting in a full effort as the german brands in particular went nuts to defend and grow their market shares and sales. right now they're still pretty much 'phoning it in' with minor refreshes on most models (the new LS is stylish but less roomy than before though), but just like the insanely great LFA, the LC500 shows what Toyota/Lexus can do if it wants to, and it's spectacular. the LC has some quirks to be sure but the design is stunning and unique and build quality and materials is second to none, imo.

i know electric vehicles are the new cool thing, but the LC just kept nagging at me as a special rare thing that wouldn't have maintenance headaches, and we all know what 2020 was like so in the second half, after a lot of agonizing, i decided i had to have one.

my boring work suv will be replaced in 3 years with an electric of some kind, but i plan to keep the LC for a while.
Yes I mean to quote your earlier post...somehow it didn't happen (I'm getting too old lol?).
I'm so glad Lexus has the LC, and Acura has the NSX...very fun and exciting cars from these manufacturers who do remember that there are some car enthusiasts out there. There is a base of customers who want more than just mundane luxury from reliable brands. I regret not buying the LFA when I could in the past, and won't make the mistake again with the LC.