Touring VS Sports seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-21, 10:08 AM
jonas's RX
Instructor

Received 154 Likes on 99 Posts
Default Touring VS Sports seats

Guys

I’m in the process of looking for an LC and the ones I test drove had both seats with the two different versions.

With the Sport version, I notice the seats side bolster is pretty snug. I’m about 5’11 165 pounds and it was pretty tight whereas I think the Touring version was less snug .

What do you guys think ? Does the Sport seats bolster get less snug fitting over time?

I currently have a SC430 and my current seats are way less snug or body fitting
Old 05-02-21, 01:52 PM
Dragnee
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jonas's RX
Guys

I’m in the process of looking for an LC and the ones I test drove had both seats with the two different versions.

With the Sport version, I notice the seats side bolster is pretty snug. I’m about 5’11 165 pounds and it was pretty tight whereas I think the Touring version was less snug .

What do you guys think ? Does the Sport seats bolster get less snug fitting over time?

I currently have a SC430 and my current seats are way less snug or body fitting
Good Day hope everyone is safe. I have owned my LC since 11/2018. I have the sports seats. I am 6 ft. 1 inch 148 lbs 30 inch waist 46 inch shoulders. My wife is 5 ft. O inch tall 99 lbs 22 inch waist the other measurements no comment lol. In short, we both love these seats. But for sure they do not get less snug for us anyway. We both remarked that these seats were snug but just perfect for us. We shopped like you have for over a year. We found the 550 mile drive home a absolute dream. I adjusted my seat once and the same for my wife. I think that speaks to the comfort. Mind you my wife drives a LS460, and yes the LC as well. Life is short enjoy today.
The following users liked this post:
hkc (05-03-21)
Old 05-02-21, 02:10 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Yes the sport seats are snug but i've found them to be extremely comfortable.

i'm 6'3, 210.
Old 05-02-21, 02:13 PM
LC911JEFF
Pit Crew

Received 97 Likes on 49 Posts

I am 6' 1 200lbs and test drove both touring and performance versions before purchasing. To me the Touring were way more comfortable. I'm not a fan of the snug feeling bolsters. The other thing that was an even bigger factor was the fact that the performance seats come in alcantara which I don't like for a lot of reasons. The Touring seats are full leather which is my preference. I realize it's a personal decision and many people feel the opposite of me. You will have to decide what suits you the best, but try both before buying.
Old 05-02-21, 02:34 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LC911JEFF
I am 6' 1 200lbs and test drove both touring and performance versions before purchasing. To me the Touring were way more comfortable. I'm not a fan of the snug feeling bolsters. The other thing that was an even bigger factor was the fact that the performance seats come in alcantara which I don't like for a lot of reasons. The Touring seats are full leather which is my preference. I realize it's a personal decision and many people feel the opposite of me. You will have to decide what suits you the best, but try both before buying.
yup, a lot of owners on here who feel exactly the same way (don't want alcantara middle, in particular).
lexus SHOULD let us pick whatever seats with whatever other packages, but of course they don't.
Old 05-02-21, 07:27 PM
LuxLife
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are people able to get test drives? I took my NSX to a Lexus dealer back in '17 (or '18?) when they first came out, walked into the dealer to and they said no test drives.
Old 05-02-21, 07:51 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LuxLife
Are people able to get test drives? I took my NSX to a Lexus dealer back in '17 (or '18?) when they first came out, walked into the dealer to and they said no test drives.
getting a test drive of a new LC seems to be not available in a lot of places. However, someone could likely get a test drive of a used one instead.
The following users liked this post:
LuxLife (05-02-21)
Old 05-02-21, 07:53 PM
jonas's RX
Instructor

Received 154 Likes on 99 Posts

I test drove a Touring and a Performance PKG
2018 LC and not sure if I really need the wing or the Sport
seats as I thought the Sports bolster were pretty tight.

Might go for one with Touring , Carbon Fiber and 21’ rims.
The performance comes with rear steering and also not
sure if I will even notice the difference.

Im not in a rush and when I find the right one with the
right pkg , I will get one. And at some point, might
just order a new one if the spread is not too great
with a slightly used 2018-2019
Old 05-03-21, 10:02 PM
hkc
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jonas's RX
I test drove a Touring and a Performance PKG
2018 LC and not sure if I really need the wing or the Sport
seats as I thought the Sports bolster were pretty tight.

Might go for one with Touring , Carbon Fiber and 21’ rims.
The performance comes with rear steering and also not
sure if I will even notice the difference.

Im not in a rush and when I find the right one with the
right pkg , I will get one. And at some point, might
just order a new one if the spread is not too great
with a slightly used 2018-2019
you will notice the difference with the rear steering. The lc desperately needs better tires, but the rear steering helps make the car feel a bit more nimble. Granted this a grand tourer, however it can show it’s weight.
Old 01-16-24, 05:07 PM
asong1
Intermediate

Received 117 Likes on 80 Posts

Is there a noticible cosmetic difference between sport or touring seats? Don't remember seeing this option on my bespoke convertible order. My seats are pretty snug and very comfortable. I have the bespoke white / blue interior. At least for the bespoke lots of uselectable, unadvertised options are included as default such as sport package (limited slip diff, yamaha dampers, carbon scuff plates).

When ordering the scuff plates, the dealer ordering system kept erroring out with no detailed explanation. So we finally gave up on it, and gave up on the limited slip. When I got the car, everything you an imagine was already pre-installed. But I never though about the touring vs. sport seats. Can someone help me identify what I have?

With all the bolstering, I'm assuming these are sports seats. Which means this is the only option for the bespoke. I don't remember this option selectable, or even seeing it.

Last edited by asong1; 01-16-24 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-16-24, 06:41 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,949 Likes on 1,372 Posts

^^^^In the convertible there is no Sport Seat option per se . However, the standard seats in the convertible have the same shape and bolstering as the Sport Seats in the coupe. The difference between them is the convertible seats are all leather, in the coupe the Sport Seats are a combination of Alcantara and leather. I wish the convertible seats were an option in the coupe, but they are not
The following 2 users liked this post by flowrider:
asong1 (01-16-24), Nesszors (03-26-24)
Old 01-16-24, 07:56 PM
asong1
Intermediate

Perfect explanation. Thank you for clarifying that. I believe they are sport seats. Seats are very firm, and bolstering is very good. I really love these seats. Only downside with the seat is the lack of 'vertical' lumbar adjustment as many have pointed out. But the standard lumbar works really well for me, and no need to adjust, so I'm happy.

I'm sure if you really want this, you can order the genuine seat covers only from Lexus. Highly likely that Lexus will discontinue the natural V8, so chances of my car being a forever car is very high. I may order the replacement leather covers + bottom and back foams pieces + steering wheel leather or the steering wheel itself. and keep them safe. Idea is to change them out after 5-7 years of usage. I've done this before on another car, and I was very happy to swap them out with my local upholstery place. Truly renews the car.

Thank you

Last edited by asong1; 01-16-24 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-16-24, 10:44 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by asong1
Is there a noticeable cosmetic difference between sport or touring seats?
Yes, and you have the SPORT seats. Glad you found them comfortable. They're a deal-breaker for me. The cushion bolsters are too aggressive, and dig into my left thigh when resting my foot on the dead pedal. And also the shoulder bolsters are uncomfortable for passengers (my daughter said she'd never ride with me if I bought that car. Ha ha). Your sport seats have that triangular bolsters next to the head rest. The touring seats have 2 very unique kind of 'bands' wrapping the seatback around the head rest, and much less aggressive cushion bolstering at the end of the seat (so no digging), which is when they become uncomfortable on the sport seats, at least for me... and I'm a thin-built guy (162#). There's another guy with a car identical to yours, but coupe, and with the touring seats. It's an active thread, so you probably saw it by now. Take care.
Old 01-17-24, 04:40 AM
asong1
Intermediate

Interesting how 2 people can have such opposite reaction. Sorry to hear that it's not workig for you. Is there anything you can do to remedy? Unforcomfortable seats are the worst! I am completley opposite. I like tighter seats. As example, as much as I love the truck I have (Ram 3500 / AEV), I hate the seats. My brother has a Raptor, and his seats are more Recardo styled with big bolsters that really hold you in. I am so tempted to swap my seats out for a set of Raptor seats.

may be I am equating seat stability to comfort as well. Whenever I get into a car with lots of body roll like my previous GLE 350, I am constantly fighting this back. Which will fatigue you. Even back then I used to envy the seats on the X5. Something to think about.
Old 01-17-24, 11:36 AM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

I like tight seats too, but comfortable ones. Ha ha. The touring seats are basically the same as the sport seats, but without excessive bolstering at the end of the seat cushion (where you don't even need it). But yes, to each his own. The shoulder bolster bothers if you (or a passenger) puts an arm on either the console or door armrest. And has no advantage when driving, since you don't touch it, so again, no need for that excess either. The Porsche adaptive seats were great, so was the Audi, and even the ex-RC-F seats too. Maybe the dead pedal on the LC is a bit more to the left than usual, compared to the seat location (maybe because it was designed as RHD?), but it's a no-go for me. Fortunately, the touring seats are great, and I don't want RWS, VGRS, rear spoiler, dusty brake pads, or Alcantara on the seats, so either the sport or handling/performance package is a deal-breaker for me. So I need a touring package, which already includes semi-aniline front seats, ML, and Alcantara headliner. But it'd have to have Torsen, and preferably HUD. Unfortunately, it only comes normally in red/black, which I don't like too much, but not a deal-breaker if it's the darker red that more or less matches the red Alcantara on the doors (there's another brighter red on the seats that clashes with the darker red on console and doors). The other option I found is a '22 Inspiration, which is mostly black inside, with only some red touches I don't mind, so that's an option if I could find one like I want.

Last edited by JCtx; 01-17-24 at 11:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Touring VS Sports seats