LC Model (2018-present)

Fold mirrors when locking?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-21, 07:56 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,439 Likes on 1,599 Posts
Default Fold mirrors when locking?

Is there a setting to make the mirrors fold when locking the car?
Old 05-16-21, 08:47 PM
AirForce8
Pit Crew

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Is there a setting to make the mirrors fold when locking the car?
When the car is started or in start mode, there is a button on your door labeled "AUTO". Press it and it turns green and the mirrors will now fold automatically when you lock the car. Press it again and the green light will go off and this indicates that the mirrors will not fold automatically when you lock the car.

Sometimes I feel like I'm one of the only people that actually uses this vehicle lol😁

Last edited by AirForce8; 05-16-21 at 08:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Phxkoolguy (05-19-21)
Old 05-17-21, 06:06 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by AirForce8
When the car is started or in start mode, there is a button on your door labeled "AUTO". Press it and it turns green and the mirrors will now fold automatically when you lock the car. Press it again and the green light will go off and this indicates that the mirrors will not fold automatically when you lock the car.

Sometimes I feel like I'm one of the only people that actually uses this vehicle lol😁
You have to lock it with the fob, not the door lock button.
Lnwinston (05-19-21)
Old 05-17-21, 06:27 AM
AirForce8
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by hoonose
You have to lock it with the fob, not the door lock button.
Yeah I'm aware, it's the only way I lock it but I have experimented. But you can lock it before getting out close the door and then use the fob to fold the mirrors. Again, as long as you activate the green button on the inside of the door labeled AUTO.

Last edited by AirForce8; 05-17-21 at 06:32 AM.
Old 05-17-21, 06:33 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

Yeah I'm aware, it's the only way I lock it
After my Corvettes, I just don't like the first world problem of having to get my fob out. I liked walking away from the car, and having it lock on its own. And having to fiddle with the seat settings getting in and out, but that's another problem.
Old 05-17-21, 06:37 AM
AirForce8
Pit Crew

After my Corvettes, I just don't like the first world problem of having to get my fob out. I liked walking away from the car, and having it lock on its own. And having to fiddle with the seat settings getting in and out, but that's another problem.
I'm the opposite I like to press the fob several times just to be sure. OCD thing, really.
Old 05-17-21, 06:41 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

I'm the opposite I like to press the fob several times just to be sure. OCD thing, really.
Well the Vettes optionally honk and/or headlights flash when they lock automatically. And that reassurance worked for me.
Old 05-17-21, 07:23 AM
DRGibbons
Advanced

Received 466 Likes on 250 Posts

I feel the same way - - make me wonder if people ever read their manual and know how to use an index. Yikes
AirForce8 (05-17-21)
Old 05-17-21, 07:24 AM
AirForce8
Pit Crew

I'm not understanding what you mean with having to fiddle with the seat settings getting in and out?

One thing I forgot to mention(not for you specifically) is that if you manually fold the mirrors when driving, say a drive thru, it disengage the auto fold and you will need to engage the auto folding again by pressing the AUTO button on the inside of the door.

Old 05-17-21, 07:34 AM
Exhilr8n
Intermediate

Received 210 Likes on 121 Posts

AF8 you sure helped me navigate back into the settings menus, much appreciated. Going from car to car it takes a while to refamiliarize.

As far as locking, I never see the fob, just push in the pop out handle and see that the green lights comes on, walk away and listen to mirrors folding. AF8 steered me back to the settings to stop the beeping and lights flashing when it locks.
The following 2 users liked this post by Exhilr8n:
AirForce8 (05-17-21), harryjames (02-05-22)
Old 05-17-21, 07:37 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

I'm not understanding what you mean with having to fiddle with the seat settings getting in and out?

One thing I forgot to mention(not for you specifically) is that if you manually fold the mirrors when driving, say a drive thru, it disengage the auto fold and you will need to engage the auto folding again by pressing the AUTO button on the inside of the door.
My Vettes had auto entry/exit seats and steering wheel. Really good for my back. With the LC I have to manually press setting 3 to move the seat back and exit. Then setting 1 when I get in. No bigger deal than no auto closing trunk, like my wife's 2015 Lincoln MKZ.
Old 05-17-21, 07:46 AM
Exhilr8n
Intermediate

Received 210 Likes on 121 Posts

No auto close trunk is a bit of a surprise, lotsa six figure cars have it. But the trunk does close a lot more easily on the convertible than on the 2019 LC coupe we had.

The seat moving around for entry/exit is not so much a first world problem, as a short person problem 😉

There is auto entry/exit on the LC, I had to find where to disable it. And without having to ask AF8 this time.

It’s nice how customizable cars are nowadays. Hoonose and I want opposites. I don’t want the seat and wheel moving around any, and don’t want lights to flash and horn to beep when locking. We can both have our cars set up as we want.

Last edited by Exhilr8n; 05-17-21 at 07:57 AM.
AirForce8 (05-17-21)
Old 05-17-21, 07:56 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Exhilr8n
No auto close trunk is a bit of a surprise, lotsa six figure cars have it. But the trunk does close a lot more easily on the convertible than on the 2019 LC coupe we had.

The seat moving around for entry/exit is not so much a first world problem, as a short person problem 😉

There is auto entry/exit on the LC, I had to find where to disable it. And without having to ask AF8 this time.
I find the trunk a bit hard to shut possibly due to a build up of air pressure working against closure. Maybe the Vert trunk is better ventilated?

The LC auto exit just moves the steering wheel up. IMO more of a hefty person problem. lol
Old 05-17-21, 07:56 AM
AirForce8
Pit Crew

My Vettes had auto entry/exit seats and steering wheel. Really good for my back. With the LC I have to manually press setting 3 to move the seat back and exit. Then setting 1 when I get in. No bigger deal than no auto closing trunk, like my wife's 2015 Lincoln MKZ.
There a setting for this feature in the Lexus menu.

Press MENU >

Select SETUP >

VEHICLE >

VEHICLE CUSTOMIZATION >

OTHER VEHICLE SETTINGS >

DRIVER'S SEAT EASY-EXIT SLIDE

I set mine to full.

This will automatically pull the seat all the way back for you when you turn the car off. When you start the car it will slide it back forward for you. There's also a setting in the same menu space called "steering column EASY-EXIT. I set mine to TILT & TELESCOPIC. This will completely pull the steering wheel away from you at the same time the seat is sliding back. These two settings when engaged will give you full clearance to get in and out comfortably. And again the steering wheel will also return to its previously set position when you start the car.

​​​​

The following 2 users liked this post by AirForce8:
breplica (05-22-21), redhot47fl (05-17-21)
Old 05-17-21, 08:01 AM
AirForce8
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Exhilr8n
AF8 you sure helped me navigate back into the settings menus, much appreciated. Going from car to car it takes a while to refamiliarize.

As far as locking, I never see the fob, just push in the pop out handle and see that the green lights comes on, walk away and listen to mirrors folding. AF8 steered me back to the settings to stop the beeping and lights flashing when it locks.
I'm honestly glad I could help. I don't get to contribute much so that makes me feel good. Thank you!

Quick Reply: Fold mirrors when locking?