LC Model (2018-present)

bugs, quirks, and usability issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-21, 08:10 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Exhilr8n
Yeah, why mess around modding a car when you can just get a whole new experience? You did stick with the LC three years though. Right now I’m in the honeymoon again and want to be together forever. Going in for full PPF next week. We’ll see how long the romance lasts. But seems like I have covered the bases of various directions. This second LC seems very much the right car for me. Perfect convertible weather right now.
Agree. I’m not into modding, and the LC was too similar to my Huracan (same functionally: 2 person, limited storage). So making a choice which one to get rid of, wasn’t really much to think about.
Old 05-19-21, 08:53 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,515 Likes on 1,654 Posts

Originally Posted by redhot47fl
- The "meter" screen - the one in the center of the driver display, right below the speedometer - defaults to fuel efficiency each time you start the car.
i wasn't aware of this, but anyway, i guess last time i stopped the car i had it on 'current gear' display, and sure enough starting it up tonight it was on the same setting.

maybe it goes to fuel efficiency if you shutoff/start the car in eco?
Old 05-20-21, 04:38 AM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

Received 262 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i wasn't aware of this, but anyway, i guess last time i stopped the car i had it on 'current gear' display, and sure enough starting it up tonight it was on the same setting.

maybe it goes to fuel efficiency if you shutoff/start the car in eco?
Aye. I mentioned subsequently that the “meter” suddenly started locking in as desired yesterday, and I have no explanation for this. (Even the dealerships’s knowledgeable tech coach said it couldn’t do that.) Is it possible that Lexus sends down minor software fixes without us being aware of it? Just a thought. Also...eco? Why would I subject this beast to that indignity?
Old 05-20-21, 05:09 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
…Freeway exits pop up on the split screen and doesn’t revert back to what was displayed there before. And can’t turn it off.
I know that you already sold your car but for anyone else that hasn’t figured this out yet when the side display with freeway exits comes up just move your cursor to the small icons on the far right and click on the bottom one. It will make the side display disappear. Page 32 of the Navigation System Owners Manual explains this.

Last edited by KayGee; 05-20-21 at 05:19 AM.
Old 05-20-21, 06:48 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by KayGee
I know that you already sold your car but for anyone else that hasn’t figured this out yet when the side display with freeway exits comes up just move your cursor to the small icons on the far right and click on the bottom one. It will make the side display disappear. Page 32 of the Navigation System Owners Manual explains this.
But I want split screen, with music on the right side all the time. Your suggestion is not a solution.
Old 05-20-21, 07:27 AM
KayGee
Instructor

But I want split screen, with music on the right side all the time. Your suggestion is not a solution.
Again on page 32 of the Navigation System Owners Manual it describes the 5 small icons that control the side display. The second on from the top displays audio.

The following users liked this post:
bitkahuna (05-20-21)
Old 05-20-21, 07:34 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by KayGee
Again on page 32 of the Navigation System Owners Manual it describes the 5 small icons that control the side display. The second on from the top displays audio.

Don’t just quote the manual, try it yourself! If you have audio displayed on the right. Drive down the freeway, Exits info replaces the audio, and stays on. I don’t want (nor should need) to reselect the audio icon EVERY time I pass an exit!!
Old 05-20-21, 07:45 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Another one... maybe you guys can help with

is there really no way to set the 'home' destination for nav other than typing in an address with the foul on screen keyboard and trackpad?

Home is already a 'previous' destination (i set via voice) but i don't see how to use a prior destination as setting for 'home'?
i know you already have it as a previous destination but you need to set it as home first so that you can just select the home icon from the Navigation screen. After you do that it will be saved and you won’t have to enter it again

Last edited by KayGee; 05-20-21 at 07:52 AM.
Old 05-20-21, 07:49 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Don’t just quote the manual, try it yourself! If you have audio displayed on the right. Drive down the freeway, Exits info replaces the audio, and stays on. I don’t want (nor should need) to reselect the audio icon EVERY time I pass an exit!!
You are correct that it doesn’t save your selection after you restart your car (not every exit). As an alternative you can display you audio on the instrument cluster. That is actually what I do. That way I can ignore the exit screen while driving.
Old 05-20-21, 08:15 AM
DRGibbons
Advanced

Received 470 Likes on 252 Posts

Easy solution to this issue. Do the following:
Go To Setup
Select Navigation
Select Detailed Navi. Settings
Scroll down to Automatic Freeway Exit List and select either ON or OFF

Problem Solved
The following 4 users liked this post by DRGibbons:
355F1 (05-20-21), AirForce8 (05-21-21), KayGee (05-20-21), tiddjc (08-29-21)
Old 05-20-21, 08:56 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Originally Posted by DRGibbons
Easy solution to this issue. Do the following:
Go To Setup
Select Navigation
Select Detailed Navi. Settings
Scroll down to Automatic Freeway Exit List and select either ON or OFF

Problem Solved
Thank you. I just followed these instructions and it worked. 👍🏾 I bet that my split screen selection will save now. I’ll have to try that one out tonight

Last edited by KayGee; 05-20-21 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-02-21, 05:14 PM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

- The "meter" screen - the one in the center of the driver display, right below the speedometer - defaults to fuel efficiency each time you start the car. Many other informational displays are available if you find and work the menu, but your setting won't hold. The car will default to fuel efficiency each time you start it.
Rebooting this. It's not stuck on fuel efficiency anymore. Now it's stuck on something else - tire pressures. If I shut off the car with something else in that screen and start it up again...dang...tire pressures. It seems to randomly decide what to default to. Touching the "OK" button doesn't make any difference. Does anyone know how to lock in the last selected bit of data in that meter screen?

Last edited by redhot47fl; 07-10-21 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-29-21, 08:04 AM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

Rebooting this. It's not stuck on fuel efficiency anymore. Now it's stuck on something else - tire pressures. If I shut off the car with something else in that screen and start it up again...dang...tire pressures. It seems to randomly decide what to default to. Touching the "OK" button doesn't make any difference. Does anyone know how to lock in the last selected bit of data in that meter screen?
Bumping this up again. Anyone know how to lock in a selection on the center “meter”? The RX has a home button for this purpose. The LC does not. I’ve read and re-read the owner’s manual. Nothing seems on point or effective.
Old 08-29-21, 02:48 PM
tiddjc
Driver

Received 62 Likes on 15 Posts

Toibois you really need to read the manual as your first two complaints are addressed
Old 08-29-21, 04:18 PM
Realcanuk
Rookie

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Bumping this up again. Anyone know how to lock in a selection on the center “meter”? The RX has a home button for this purpose. The LC does not. I’ve read and re-read the owner’s manual. Nothing seems on point or effective.
Mine always defaults to range which is where I leave it. I will try leaving it on something else and see what it starts up with and let you know how that goes.

Quick Reply: bugs, quirks, and usability issues