LC Model (2018-present)

Everyone Else is Doing It...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-21, 04:31 PM
asinow
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Nice car! Where in MD? I dont think I can PM you or I would have. Im interested in your 20's....

Update, apparently I can...msg sent

Originally Posted by DaddyFES
I guess I should do an intro too, I also need to get my post count up to post to the marketplace. I've been eying the LC ever since I saw it, but needed that price to get into the low 70s, high 60s before I could pull the trigger. Finally got my 2018 LC 500 in caviar with rioja red interior. It has the LSD, touring package, convenience package, all-weather package and HUD. I usually know what I want without testing driving due to the amount of research I do. To get what I wanted at the price I wanted I had to drive to Ohio to grab the car. Just as I thought, I love the car. Waaaaaay too much fun to drive. I swear I've been working from home for the past year and I pretty much use DoorDash, Uber Eats and Amazon for everything so I rarely leave the house. With this car I feel like I'm finding excuses to go run errands. I've owned a number of brands and a lot of cars over the years. I'd say the only other car I've loved this much was my Mercedes S550 Coupe. This was my first Lexus as I've always found them to be boring. The last time I loved Lexus was in the 90s with the GS back when their slogan was "The relentless pursuit of perfection". I would echo the other complaints found on this forum with the LC. That touchpad is a pain in the ***, though I am getting used it. Not in love with the HK system either. I'm going to figure out a way to replace that factory sub in the backseat with something else.

Some of the vehicles I've owned in the past... The S550 Coupe and the LC are definitely my favorites. The Volvo S90 T8 Inscription is a bit of a sleeper, I loved that car as well, especially the technology. While it had over 400hp, Unless you were in sport mode to take advantage of the hybrid engine and 4cyl turbo-charged and super-charged engine those 4cyls made the car sound like a cheap Toyota and it just drove weird. The brakes were also a major point of contention, it was impossible to come to a smooth stop because of the regenerative brakes. I did enjoy the gas savings but I'd much rather put out on gas and hear that exhaust note from the LC.

Volvo S90 T8 Inscription
Mercedes S550 Coupe
Mercedes GL 450
Mercedes CLS
Mercedes CL 550
Mercedes C Class
Porsche Panamara
Jaguar XJL
Audi Q7
VW Phaeton
Infiniti JX35
Infiniti G37
Acura CL type S
Dodge Durango (used as second vehicle, complete garbage)

I'm also selling the original 20" wheels which have brand new Bridgestone tires if anyone is interested message me. My garage looks like a wheel warehouse so the price will be very good as I need to clear out those and other wheels.

Last edited by asinow; 06-06-21 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-07-21, 10:31 AM
RysLC500
Intermediate

Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by DaddyFES
I guess I should do an intro too, I also need to get my post count up to post to the marketplace. I've been eying the LC ever since I saw it, but needed that price to get into the low 70s, high 60s before I could pull the trigger. Finally got my 2018 LC 500 in caviar with rioja red interior. It has the LSD, touring package, convenience package, all-weather package and HUD. I usually know what I want without testing driving due to the amount of research I do. To get what I wanted at the price I wanted I had to drive to Ohio to grab the car. Just as I thought, I love the car. Waaaaaay too much fun to drive. I swear I've been working from home for the past year and I pretty much use DoorDash, Uber Eats and Amazon for everything so I rarely leave the house. With this car I feel like I'm finding excuses to go run errands. I've owned a number of brands and a lot of cars over the years. I'd say the only other car I've loved this much was my Mercedes S550 Coupe. This was my first Lexus as I've always found them to be boring. The last time I loved Lexus was in the 90s with the GS back when their slogan was "The relentless pursuit of perfection". I would echo the other complaints found on this forum with the LC. That touchpad is a pain in the ***, though I am getting used it. Not in love with the HK system either. I'm going to figure out a way to replace that factory sub in the backseat with something else.

Some of the vehicles I've owned in the past... The S550 Coupe and the LC are definitely my favorites. The Volvo S90 T8 Inscription is a bit of a sleeper, I loved that car as well, especially the technology. While it had over 400hp, Unless you were in sport mode to take advantage of the hybrid engine and 4cyl turbo-charged and super-charged engine those 4cyls made the car sound like a cheap Toyota and it just drove weird. The brakes were also a major point of contention, it was impossible to come to a smooth stop because of the regenerative brakes. I did enjoy the gas savings but I'd much rather put out on gas and hear that exhaust note from the LC.

Volvo S90 T8 Inscription
Mercedes S550 Coupe
Mercedes GL 450
Mercedes CLS
Mercedes CL 550
Mercedes C Class
Porsche Panamara
Jaguar XJL
Audi Q7
VW Phaeton
Infiniti JX35
Infiniti G37
Acura CL type S
Dodge Durango (used as second vehicle, complete garbage)

I'm also selling the original 20" wheels which have brand new Bridgestone tires if anyone is interested message me. My garage looks like a wheel warehouse so the price will be very good as I need to clear out those and other wheels.

Funny, I went from 3 mercedes to my LC. Welcome to the Caviar plus red interior family Beautiful combo