LC Model (2018-present)

The LC has attracted lots of attention in only 3 weeks!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-21, 08:24 AM
Baronden
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Default The LC has attracted lots of attention in only 3 weeks!

I’ve only had my 2019 LC for three weeks in and around Dallas Texas. I have received so much attention from strangers, friends and neighbors I feel like a celebrity.

I’ll list some examples below.

1) A group of ladies waiting at Valet asked me to roll down my window so they could tell me how much they have always loved the car. They wanted to know where I purchased it etc.

2) The same hour I went to drop off some food to a few unfortunate people without homes from the event I was coming from. I was surprised that they were commenting on how rare and bad *** the car was. I didn’t expect that.

3) The next stop within the same 30 minutes was at a gas station in an suburb with an affluent reputation. I had just pulled up to the pump when a couples of guys shouted “What do you do for a living”. They then proceeded to get out of the car and ask about the hp, price etc. They were driving a Dodge Challenger and after our talk they yelled to me F___ a Hellcat which is the fastest version of the Challenger.

4) A few days later two young adults riding their motorcycles slowed down dramatically as I was merging on the Freeway. They wanted to race on a fairly empty stretch of highway. I punched it a few times and vice versa. They exited with me to tell me the LC is super fast and gave me a salute.

My friends, neighbors and family Want to talk about it and are so fascinated by the car.

I was told to expect attention by some of the members here but it’s on a level I didn’t expect.

Last edited by Baronden; 06-15-21 at 08:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
RysLC500 (06-30-21)
Old 06-15-21, 09:00 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 849 Likes on 642 Posts

Let us hope you don't get undue attention from those that serve and protect!
FLBill (06-15-21)
Old 06-15-21, 09:25 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,568 Posts

interesting. i've noticed i get pretty much no attention whatsoever here. i had one guy on a harley at a light who said he liked it.

maybe i don't notice a lot of attention because i don't wait around - zooom... lol

Old 06-15-21, 10:02 AM
Baronden
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mcomer
Let us hope you don't get undue attention from those that serve and protect!
I hope not. I don’t speed a lot. Is that a problem in the LC?
Old 06-15-21, 10:04 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Baronden
I hope not. I don’t speed a lot. Is that a problem in the LC?
any hot car, especially one that makes the great sounds like the LC is going to get the attention of those enforcing speed limits.
Old 06-15-21, 10:06 AM
Baronden
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
interesting. i've noticed i get pretty much no attention whatsoever here. i had one guy on a harley at a light who said he liked it.

maybe i don't notice a lot of attention because i don't wait around - zooom... lol
What city do you live in or near?

At times I’ve noticed cars at a stop light stay back a distance So they can give the car a good look over, you might be missing those.
Old 06-15-21, 10:29 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

What city do you live in or near?

At times I’ve noticed cars at a stop light stay back a distance So they can give the car a good look over, you might be missing those.
i live in Ocala, FL. small but rapidly growing town sort of right in the middle between orlando, talahassee, tampa, jacksonville.
Old 06-15-21, 10:38 AM
anchaf3
Pit Crew

Received 114 Likes on 46 Posts

Get used to the attention. When I first purchased my LC500 in September of 2018, I was living a small rural town in south east Kentucky. The town had around 1900 people, the entire county had 25,000 people. Eastern Kentucky is all rural, the biggest town is less than 10,000 people. Despite the small population there are several nice vehicles. Of course you have the American muscle cars - corvettes are plentiful, modern mopars, and there are a handful of Vipers. Some of the rich families in coal and oil have Ferraris and lambos. Porsche is not too uncommon. I think I remember seeing a Maserati or two. Anyway, at the time, and maybe even up until now, I had the only LC500. At least the only one that I have seen there or heard of. People would film my car, follow me to gas stations, ask me to open the door to view the interior, ask me to rev the car, etc. I made several trips into Virginia and TN, which are bordering states, and it was the same thing. Its just a rare car, exotic looking, and people have no idea what it is. I hear the "I can't believe that's a lexus" all the times. Some people think its an LFA.

I have since moved to a more populated area, and there happens to be at least 5 or 6 LC500 where I live now. The car still gets the looks and is a hit at Cars and Coffee though. Enjoy the attention and engage those interested. I have made several connections and friends though my LC500. Its a great ice breaker!
The following 4 users liked this post by anchaf3:
Baronden (06-15-21), DRGibbons (06-15-21), guanche2k9 (06-15-21), Kira X (07-01-21)
Old 06-15-21, 12:14 PM
Baronden
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by anchaf3
Get used to the attention. When I first purchased my LC500 in September of 2018, I was living a small rural town in south east Kentucky. The town had around 1900 people, the entire county had 25,000 people. Eastern Kentucky is all rural, the biggest town is less than 10,000 people. Despite the small population there are several nice vehicles. Of course you have the American muscle cars - corvettes are plentiful, modern mopars, and there are a handful of Vipers. Some of the rich families in coal and oil have Ferraris and lambos. Porsche is not too uncommon. I think I remember seeing a Maserati or two. Anyway, at the time, and maybe even up until now, I had the only LC500. At least the only one that I have seen there or heard of. People would film my car, follow me to gas stations, ask me to open the door to view the interior, ask me to rev the car, etc. I made several trips into Virginia and TN, which are bordering states, and it was the same thing. Its just a rare car, exotic looking, and people have no idea what it is. I hear the "I can't believe that's a lexus" all the times. Some people think its an LFA.

I have since moved to a more populated area, and there happens to be at least 5 or 6 LC500 where I live now. The car still gets the looks and is a hit at Cars and Coffee though. Enjoy the attention and engage those interested. I have made several connections and friends though my LC500. Its a great ice breaker!

Wow! That’s impressive. It is an impressive car that garners impressive attention. Thanks for the interesting story.
Old 06-15-21, 01:42 PM
Baronden
Driver School Candidate

any hot car, especially one that makes the great sounds like the LC is going to get the attention of those enforcing speed limits.

Noted, thanks!
Old 06-15-21, 01:43 PM
Baronden
Driver School Candidate

i live in Ocala, FL. small but rapidly growing town sort of right in the middle between orlando, talahassee, tampa, jacksonville.
That might explain it but some others in small towns have caught attention. It could be you aren’t paying attention or maybe it’s one of those great wonders, lol.
Old 06-28-21, 03:38 PM
ISellHomes
Rookie

Received 30 Likes on 6 Posts

I’ve only had my 2019 LC for three weeks in and around Dallas Texas. I have received so much attention from strangers, friends and neighbors I feel like a celebrity.

I’ll list some examples below.

1) A group of ladies waiting at Valet asked me to roll down my window so they could tell me how much they have always loved the car. They wanted to know where I purchased it etc.

2) The same hour I went to drop off some food to a few unfortunate people without homes from the event I was coming from. I was surprised that they were commenting on how rare and bad *** the car was. I didn’t expect that.

3) The next stop within the same 30 minutes was at a gas station in an suburb with an affluent reputation. I had just pulled up to the pump when a couples of guys shouted “What do you do for a living”. They then proceeded to get out of the car and ask about the hp, price etc. They were driving a Dodge Challenger and after our talk they yelled to me F___ a Hellcat which is the fastest version of the Challenger.

4) A few days later two young adults riding their motorcycles slowed down dramatically as I was merging on the Freeway. They wanted to race on a fairly empty stretch of highway. I punched it a few times and vice versa. They exited with me to tell me the LC is super fast and gave me a salute.

My friends, neighbors and family Want to talk about it and are so fascinated by the car.

I was told to expect attention by some of the members here but it’s on a level I didn’t expect.
I have NEVER owned a car that gets the attention my LC does. It is very flattering when people from almost every walk of life make an effort to tell me how much they love my car. It's like owning an exotic without paying for an exotic. Crazy.
DRGibbons (06-28-21)
Old 06-29-21, 06:33 PM
fodalo
Instructor

Received 333 Likes on 249 Posts

People certainly love this machine, they will chase me down on the hi way to find out what it is, then they back off. Its a fun machine to drive for sure.
Old 06-30-21, 01:18 PM
RysLC500
Intermediate

Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts

Where is "here"? The moon?
Old 06-30-21, 02:32 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RysLC500
Where is "here"? The moon?
ha. close... ocala florida. actually we were just ranked the 5th fastest growing metro in the u.s. so we're no longer 'slowcala'

but i don't drive it a whole lot for one thing. yes i noticed a couple of passengers in cars on the highway gawking, and a couple of others at stop lights, but i guess i'm not swiveling my head around all the time looking to see who's looking at the car.

Quick Reply: The LC has attracted lots of attention in only 3 weeks!