LC Model (2018-present)

Cup holder any ideas

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-21, 04:50 PM
tiddjc
Driver

Received 62 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Cup holder any ideas

I would really like to add a second cup holder. Search on the site hasn’t revealed any real fixes. Anybody found a solution to add a second cup holder?
Old 06-23-21, 06:07 PM
DRGibbons
Advanced

Received 466 Likes on 250 Posts

This is the closest thing I've found. I haven't first hand experience but it could work in the square 'cup holder' area in the center console.

TOM'S Double Drink Holder (japantunedparts.com)

Probably better than my current solution below, but much more expensive.

Last edited by DRGibbons; 06-24-21 at 10:51 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mistermatt (06-24-21)
Old 06-24-21, 10:12 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Tiddjc - you could probably adapt something to fit securely in the sqaure shaped area revealed when the compartment top is slid back.
Old 06-24-21, 10:54 AM
DRGibbons
Advanced

Received 466 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Tiddjc - you could probably adapt something to fit securely in the sqaure shaped area revealed when the compartment top is slid back.
That's exactly what the Tom's double drink holder that I supplied the link is for (rectangular/square area that you mention)

The following users liked this post:
bitkahuna (06-24-21)
Old 06-24-21, 05:56 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DRGibbons
That's exactly what the Tom's double drink holder that I supplied the link is for (rectangular/square area that you mention)
Ha, nice one. When i checked the link before it said it's for the IS so wasn't sure how well it will work on the LC.

But probably about as close as one is going to get, plus, since the LC already has one cupholder, adding 2 there will give a total of *3*!

I guess one of the 2 on that tom's one could be hacked off, ha.

Also, what a 'bargain' at $170!
The following 2 users liked this post by bitkahuna:
DRGibbons (06-24-21), tiddjc (06-25-21)
Old 06-24-21, 10:07 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

My crotch is my 2nd cup holder...
Old 06-25-21, 05:17 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by azmojo
My crotch is my 2nd cup holder...
hope it's not a styrofoam or paper cup of hot coffee
Old 01-07-24, 08:16 AM
asong1
Intermediate

Received 116 Likes on 80 Posts

This is a problem I have not only on the LC, but on my Porsche as well. Above the glove box cup holder is usable, but not ideal. Second problem for me was that I would always drop my key or something really small, including my phone to the center consolde side (right side). The space is so tight there I can't use my hands to retrieve it, and from time to time, the loose items would drop under the seat. God knows how many times I had to pull over to retrieve items under the seat, and often draw blood under the seat (space is so tight, sometimes I would cut myslef against the seat rails. Anyhoo, I added gap filler to the area. I now just gently lay my phone there (no more between the crotch). This eliminates the trying to place the phone somewhere and mess up the flow / beautify of the interior.

** Bonus ** This thing also comes with a cups attached at the end. Just make sure you keep your lid tight to avoid spills. It works out great. I just wish they had the color match my interior better, but it works, and solves 2 problems at once. Here is what I used on all my cars now:

Amazon Amazon

Old 01-07-24, 08:26 AM
asong1
Intermediate

No matter how many cars I have, the process of setting up a new car exactly the I want never gets old. Still a big kid at heart. Don't you agree?

Here are some pics. I've used a large tumbler just to prove a point, but something this wide isn't recommended. But for normal cups with spill-resistant lids works great. This is a great solution. Allows me to rest my phone on the gap filler (or any other objects for that matter), and will not fall through the cracks, and I have a cup holder. I've installed this on both sides (comes with 2). I use the other cup on the passenger side when I'm driving alone as a make-shift trash can.

Old 01-07-24, 08:30 AM
asong1
Intermediate

**** Just be careful if you are using this. If you use the automatic seat slide in / out feature, make sure the gap filler is pushed down below the center console's leather area. Push it low enough to clear the real leather, and have it rest parallel with the carpet trim below it. Otherwise, you can potentially scratch the leather. I am always careful, so never had any issues, but I can see some folks may not be as careful as I am. **********

Here is another shot from the passenger side.

Old 01-07-24, 08:33 AM
asong1
Intermediate

If you want to really go crazy

Amazon Amazon

I wouldn't recommend it. I have the Ram mounts seat under bolt - Laptop stand installed on my Ram 3500, love it (my girlfriends works while we travel sometime). But something like this would ugly the interior.

This would be much sturdier, but too big. I am doing some research to install something like this, but very low profile as to not ugly this beautiful car. Basically, the cup needs to stay where my cup is right now, but 'elegantly' bolted to the seat for stabiity.

Or this:
Amazon Amazon

Throw it behind the seat until you need it. I would't use the main up holder on something like this, but it does provide the off-set needed to clear the HVAC controls. I'm going to give this a try. I'll report back if it's useful.

Last edited by asong1; 01-07-24 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-07-24, 10:01 AM
snowsenses
Driver

Received 160 Likes on 44 Posts

I have 2x Ultimate Cupholders ziptied tightly onto the net in the passenger footwell, works great for (sealed) bottles. Per rennlist they're still available to buy on their site

Old 01-07-24, 10:12 AM
asong1
Intermediate

Looks like a good solution. How do you get that installed? Do you have to remove the center console panel to hook inside?
Old 01-07-24, 10:24 AM
snowsenses
Driver

Received 160 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by asong1
Looks like a good solution. How do you get that installed? Do you have to remove the center console panel to hook inside?
No, that plastic panel is pretty loose, it's the zipties doing all the work on the LC (for Porsches the upper part matters more)
Old 01-07-24, 10:53 AM
asong1
Intermediate

Ah... Now I see. So it's zip-tied to the net? Not sure if I would be comfortable with this. As for my Spyder, not sure how that would work on the passenger side with the fire-extinguisher mounted onto the seat bottom.

Quick Reply: Cup holder any ideas