LC Model (2018-present)

Inspiration Series vs Inspiration Edition

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-21, 06:28 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 108 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Inspiration Series vs Inspiration Edition

Hey folks, I'm nudging myself towards purchasing an LC next year. Overall I'm a fan of the NA coupe with none of the extra packages. Since I'm in Canada tho, there is an "Inspiration Edition" package on the configurator. In the US there's nothing similar and you can't even configure the Inspiration Series.

Some questions for those in the know:
  • Presume Inspiration Series and Inspiration Edition are totally different things right? My dealer suggested they're the same but I'm skeptical
  • Is the Inspiration Series even available in Canada?
  • Has there been an Inspiration Series every year since they introduced the first one? Google seems to suggest it isn't always available and some years is convertible only.
Please lmk if this is covered in another thread. Tx in advance!
Old 07-07-21, 06:57 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,461 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by mehran888
Hey folks, I'm nudging myself towards purchasing an LC next year. Overall I'm a fan of the NA coupe with none of the extra packages. Since I'm in Canada tho, there is an "Inspiration Edition" package on the configurator. In the US there's nothing similar and you can't even configure the Inspiration Series.

Some questions for those in the know:
  • Presume Inspiration Series and Inspiration Edition are totally different things right? My dealer suggested they're the same but I'm skeptical
  • Is the Inspiration Series even available in Canada?
  • Has there been an Inspiration Series every year since they introduced the first one? Google seems to suggest it isn't always available and some years is convertible only.
Please lmk if this is covered in another thread. Tx in advance!

there's been various inspiration models for the coupe and now the convertible, in the u.s. at least.

the inspiration series in the u.s. typically has unique colors and unique interior trim pieces and sometimes unique exterior pieces like the new cf 'wing' spoiler on the 2021 inspiration coupe.

I just looked at your 'inspiration edition 5' package in canada and it seems like yes, it's the same as the u.s. inspiration coupe model.

like in the u.s. the inspiration edition 5 package doesn't include all of the performance or dynamic handling package (missing vgrs and rear wheel steer). It also takes out the heated steering wheel because the wheel is wrapped in alcantara.

https://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/build-..._500#/packages
Old 07-07-21, 10:04 PM
74Sprtstr
Intermediate

Received 192 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
now that you mention it, i keep the steering wheel heat set to high - the warm wheel makes the car feel alive !
Old 07-08-21, 06:15 AM
mehran888
Advanced

there's been various inspiration models for the coupe and now the convertible, in the u.s. at least.

the inspiration series in the u.s. typically has unique colors and unique interior trim pieces and sometimes unique exterior pieces like the new cf 'wing' spoiler on the 2021 inspiration coupe.

I just looked at your 'inspiration edition 5' package in canada and it seems like yes, it's the same as the u.s. inspiration coupe model.

like in the u.s. the inspiration edition 5 package doesn't include all of the performance or dynamic handling package (missing vgrs and rear wheel steer). It also takes out the heated steering wheel because the wheel is wrapped in alcantara.

https://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/build-..._500#/packages
Thanks, appreciate your reply. I was torn as it was odd for them to have a different naming convention if it's the same "series". I'm planning on keeping this vehicle for a while, so the idea of a "limited" model is a bit appealing, but not necessary. I'll check with the dealer to make sure it has a "x of 100" badge or something like that. I found a press release that said Canada only got 10 Inspiration Editions for 2021. Also not as concerned with the VGRS, rear wheel steering, etc. If anything, less components to worry about as the car ages past a couple decades old .

I'll reach out to the dealer to ask some follow up questions and then ask him to reach out to me when the colours are announced for the possible 2022 model year.

Last question - it appears that there's dealer markup in the US for the Inspiration Series. Is that a common thing? I don't like the idea of paying for a mark-up, and there may even be laws against it in Canada but I'll find out more from the dealerships expectations.
Old 07-10-21, 02:18 PM
mehran888
Advanced

So I hadn't checked the convertible before I'm the Canadian site and looks like you can have an "Inspiration Series" package there (and it says it's sold out). Which makes me think the Inspiration Edition, while similar in some of the features isn't a real Inspiration Series. I'll find out more from the dealership and hopefully get my name down for an Inspiration Series in 2022.
Old 07-10-21, 05:53 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 132 Likes on 95 Posts

Thanks, appreciate your reply. I was torn as it was odd for them to have a different naming convention if it's the same "series". I'm planning on keeping this vehicle for a while, so the idea of a "limited" model is a bit appealing, but not necessary. I'll check with the dealer to make sure it has a "x of 100" badge or something like that. I found a press release that said Canada only got 10 Inspiration Editions for 2021. Also not as concerned with the VGRS, rear wheel steering, etc. If anything, less components to worry about as the car ages past a couple decades old .

I'll reach out to the dealer to ask some follow up questions and then ask him to reach out to me when the colours are announced for the possible 2022 model year.

Last question - it appears that there's dealer markup in the US for the Inspiration Series. Is that a common thing? I don't like the idea of paying for a mark-up, and there may even be laws against it in Canada but I'll find out more from the dealerships expectations.
From what I have been able to gather, these special editions are never sold at a discount and probably often at a premium. You probably also have to have history as a customer with the dealership to be able to get one unless no one on their VIP list wants it.
Old 07-11-21, 06:52 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

So I hadn't checked the convertible before I'm the Canadian site and looks like you can have an "Inspiration Series" package there (and it says it's sold out). Which makes me think the Inspiration Edition, while similar in some of the features isn't a real Inspiration Series.
When i first read your post, i thought, well the convertible won't have the carbon fiber roof of the coupe's package so they must be different. then i went to look on the Canadian site, and the Inspiration Series package details are entirely different for coupe vs. convertible, and the same as the U.S.

Coupe:
  • Black Front Grille with Chrome Surround
  • Remove: Heated Steering Wheel
  • 8-way Power Adjustable Driver and Passenger Seats
  • Carbon Fibre Wing
  • Alcantara Wrapped Steering Wheel
  • Premium LED Headlamps with Black Accents
  • LED Rear Combination Lamps with dark chrome accents
  • Alcantara Trim
  • 21” Dark Forged Aluminum Alloy Wheels
  • Alcantara Head Liner
  • Active rear sport differential
  • Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer Scuff Plates
  • Rear Performance Damper
  • Carbon Fibre Roof
  • P275/35RF21 (Rear) run-flat
  • P245/40RF21 (Front) run-flat
  • Alcantara Seats

Convertible:
  • Bespoke Amalfi White Interior Trim
  • Inspiration Series Door Sill
  • Structural Blue Exterior Colour
  • Marine Convertible Top
  • Inspiration Series Floor Mats

I'll find out more from the dealership and hopefully get my name down for an Inspiration Series in 2022.
lexus has changed the inspiration series details for each year so no telling what 2022 will be.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 07-11-21 at 07:00 AM.
Old 07-11-21, 07:31 AM
mehran888
Advanced

When i first read your post, i thought, well the convertible won't have the carbon fiber roof of the coupe's package so they must be different. then i went to look on the Canadian site, and the Inspiration Series package details are entirely different for coupe vs. convertible, and the same as the U.S.

Coupe:
  • Black Front Grille with Chrome Surround
  • Remove: Heated Steering Wheel
  • 8-way Power Adjustable Driver and Passenger Seats
  • Carbon Fibre Wing
  • Alcantara Wrapped Steering Wheel
  • Premium LED Headlamps with Black Accents
  • LED Rear Combination Lamps with dark chrome accents
  • Alcantara Trim
  • 21” Dark Forged Aluminum Alloy Wheels
  • Alcantara Head Liner
  • Active rear sport differential
  • Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer Scuff Plates
  • Rear Performance Damper
  • Carbon Fibre Roof
  • P275/35RF21 (Rear) run-flat
  • P245/40RF21 (Front) run-flat
  • Alcantara Seats

Convertible:
  • Bespoke Amalfi White Interior Trim
  • Inspiration Series Door Sill
  • Structural Blue Exterior Colour
  • Marine Convertible Top
  • Inspiration Series Floor Mats

lexus has changed the inspiration series details for each year so no telling what 2022 will be.

Interesting. So based in what you saw, the "Inspiration" model (disregarding whether they say Edition or Series) are like for like with the US (for the Coupe and Convertible). Good to know.

I'll wait to see what the dealer says about the 2022.

Wrt the other comment about being on a VIP list, not sure if we qualify. We've bought 5 Lexus vehicles in the past decade but have unfortunately spread the wealth across 3 of them. The one we got our recent GX from is the second or third highest volume dealer in Canada so hopefully they can do something.
Old 07-30-21, 07:52 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Update: so I put a deposit down on a 2022 Inspiration Series (or Edition), assuming they release one. Hoping for no dealership games / allocation preferences from the manager like when I put money down on a GT4 (resulting in me getting pissed off and asking for my money back). Will update this thread as I get more information. Now I just need to hope they announce a 2022 Inspiration Series, it's for the coupe (although they said I can use it for the convertible), it comes in a dark colour (my preference), and it's the same NA engine.

Sales Manager, through the Sales Person, told me I'd be guaranteed a delivery if it gets announced, but no promises on delivery date.
The following users liked this post:
r1lee (09-13-21)
Old 07-30-21, 07:53 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 132 Likes on 95 Posts

Update: so I put a deposit down on a 2022 Inspiration Series (or Edition), assuming they release one. Hoping for no dealership games / allocation preferences from the manager like when I put money down on a GT4 (resulting in me getting pissed off and asking for my money back). Will update this thread as I get more information. Now I just need to hope they announce a 2022 Inspiration Series, it's for the coupe (although they said I can use it for the convertible), it comes in a dark colour (my preference), and it's the same NA engine.

Sales Manager, through the Sales Person, told me I'd be guaranteed a delivery if it gets announced, but no promises on delivery date.
Congrats! What was the agreed price? MSRP? Or are they getting a premium?
Old 07-30-21, 08:14 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Originally Posted by azmojo
Congrats! What was the agreed price? MSRP? Or are they getting a premium?
We didn't discuss pricing, so I assume I'm getting MSRP. We don't have the "premium" issue in Canada that you folks in the US do. 🤞
Old 09-13-21, 09:08 AM
dknyov
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

We didn't discuss pricing, so I assume I'm getting MSRP. We don't have the "premium" issue in Canada that you folks in the US do. 🤞
In the US the mark up right now is 30K.
Old 09-13-21, 09:12 AM
r1lee
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by dknyov
holy cow, is that on standard LC's or inspiration series (considering there is no 2022 listed so far)
Old 09-13-21, 09:15 AM
dknyov
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by r1lee
holy cow, is that on standard LC's or inspiration series (considering there is no 2022 listed so far)
2021 LC 500 Coupe Inspiration Series Black Obsidian.
Old 09-13-21, 10:19 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by dknyov
what do you base that on? how many different dealers?

quick look shows this at about msrp...

New 2021 Lexus LC 500 Coupe w/ Inspiration Series for sale in METAIRIE, LA 70003: Coupe Details - 602545847 - Autotrader

Quick Reply: Inspiration Series vs Inspiration Edition