LC Model (2018-present)

Credit card key and Vehicle build tracking?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-21, 01:26 PM
Realcanuk
Rookie

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by r1lee
you're Canadian? I'm assuming by your username

I am from Canada... Montreal.

I would have loved to get the Inspiration Series for the extra 10k but it was long sold out. I only decided on an LC500 at the end or May and bought the only one in stock I could find. It was to be plated as the dealership owners demo in a few days but they let me scoop it.
They even gave me a discount which was nice since I would have paid retail rather than wait 3 months.
Old 07-17-21, 01:33 PM
Realcanuk
Rookie

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
as you're in canada, did you get the inspiration package there? And how do you put key fobs in sleep mode?

Quick Key Fob Tips - Heffner Toyota
Old 07-17-21, 02:27 PM
tiddjc
Driver

Received 62 Likes on 15 Posts

I am not at home right now to look up the instructions but while holding down the lock button push the unlock button twice light on fob will flash 4 times. It is in the manual or google will tell you.
Old 07-18-21, 07:04 AM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 318 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Realcanuk
I am from Canada... Montreal.

I would have loved to get the Inspiration Series for the extra 10k but it was long sold out. I only decided on an LC500 at the end or May and bought the only one in stock I could find. It was to be plated as the dealership owners demo in a few days but they let me scoop it.
They even gave me a discount which was nice since I would have paid retail rather than wait 3 months.
Oh nice - whereabouts in Montreal - I used to live in Cartierville. Was it Lexus Spinelli or Lexus Gabriel that you got it from? I have a good friend of mine who's looking to get one from a 3rd party dealer in Drummondville. He's going through the process now. Before he does, would you happen to have any contacts that he might be able to reach out to at any of those dealers? Cheers.
Old 07-18-21, 07:08 AM
Realcanuk
Rookie

Originally Posted by guanche2k9
Oh nice - whereabouts in Montreal - I used to live in Cartierville. Was it Lexus Spinelli or Lexus Gabriel that you got it from? I have a good friend of mine who's looking to get one from a 3rd party dealer in Drummondville. He's going through the process now. Before he does, would you happen to have any contacts that he might be able to reach out to at any of those dealers? Cheers.
Hey.. I am in West Island now but spent a lot of time in Cartierville years ago. My ex wife is from there.

I got my car from Spinelli. All the dealers here told me they don't order LC's for stock and you have to order one to get one.
The following users liked this post:
guanche2k9 (07-19-21)
Old 07-21-21, 10:06 AM
dms1218
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2017 lx570

My 2017 LX570 came with one, I love it! For safety reasons, I have my doors programmed to only unlock the driver's door when I go to open it. One way I found it very useful is when I am traveling and have my daughter/others with me. I can give it to a passenger so they too can open their door when walking up to the vehicle.
Old 07-31-21, 02:49 AM
Olivr
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

​​​​​​​A tad late, but I've actually seen that car. Purchased from auction and no car history/maintenance record. Originally listed at 90k, but they bumped the price to 92k claiming they didn't know the tires were shot (???). The wear on the tires was uneven on all 4 corners and the paint is, in my opinion, a total mess.

The numbers they gave me for the paint correction and wrapping the car with PPF were ludicrous. I asked the salesman to call or text me back regarding a couple of things and he never did. For the kind of money they were asking to make the car right, it made more sense to go buy a brand new one. Truly felt like a waste of time.

Last edited by Olivr; 07-31-21 at 03:56 AM.
Old 08-01-21, 01:46 PM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 318 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Olivr
A tad late, but I've actually seen that car. Purchased from auction and no car history/maintenance record. Originally listed at 90k, but they bumped the price to 92k claiming they didn't know the tires were shot (???). The wear on the tires was uneven on all 4 corners and the paint is, in my opinion, a total mess.

The numbers they gave me for the paint correction and wrapping the car with PPF were ludicrous. I asked the salesman to call or text me back regarding a couple of things and he never did. For the kind of money they were asking to make the car right, it made more sense to go buy a brand new one. Truly felt like a waste of time.
Exactly the same thing I told my friend, based on the info he gave me. Just the fact that the tires were shot after 15K km (not miles), and uneven wear kinda made me uncomfortable. I couldn't comment on the paint, but he told me that there were no paint chips whatsoever on the front or side mirrors (which I found to be odd).

Nonetheless, I told him too expensive for what they're offering, and he decided to back off as well....
Old 08-01-21, 03:48 PM
Olivr
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly the same thing I told my friend, based on the info he gave me. Just the fact that the tires were shot after 15K km (not miles), and uneven wear kinda made me uncomfortable. I couldn't comment on the paint, but he told me that there were no paint chips whatsoever on the front or side mirrors (which I found to be odd).

Nonetheless, I told him too expensive for what they're offering, and he decided to back off as well....
Yep. Salesman downplayed the alignment problem as if it wasn't a big deal. Either the odometer was rolled back or something wasn't right under the car. The front end would have been alright if it wasn't for the fact that I've never seen so many swirl marks on a hood. Especially on a 4 year old car with 15k kilometers.

They offered to do the paint correction in-house and send the car off to some third party for the PPF. The salesman couldn't tell me who would be responsible in case the paint correction wasn't done properly.

I hope that car sits.