LC Model (2018-present)

Post a picture you took today

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-23, 12:07 PM
fodalo
Instructor

Received 333 Likes on 249 Posts

From what I understand the base coat on the infrared was a black tint. Only what I heard.
Old 02-15-23, 12:09 PM
fodalo
Instructor

Great combo silvercoat. PPF in the needed spots with 2 coats of ceramic. Works wonders. Nice look!
Old 02-15-23, 12:12 PM
fodalo
Instructor

Thanks NiceCars, its more info than I had. Still imo, best color for this car, it shows the lines very well.
The following users liked this post:
NiceCars (02-15-23)
Old 02-15-23, 03:14 PM
CJinTx
Driver

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Washed it Sunday. Pic from this morning. Nightfall/Caramel, Xpel PPE full front, Xpel XR+ 30% windows, 70% windshield, 22 PLE ceramic.

Shiny

The following users liked this post:
XpediencY (02-16-23)
Old 02-15-23, 04:39 PM
danibear
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CJinTx
Washed it Sunday. Pic from this morning. Nightfall/Caramel, Xpel PPE full front, Xpel XR+ 30% windows, 70% windshield, 22 PLE ceramic.

Shiny

No ceramic coating?

I just completed full front, doors,rockers, rear bump Xpel PPF and full ceramic coating, plus Xpel XR all windows tint.

I was told to have ceramic coating so that dirt will not accumulate on the PPF gaps/edges, PPF has edges…..even they are precut…..

BTW, my door top panel leather was damaged during window tint…. I probably will never want anyone to touch car internals….

PS: window tint uses solutions and spill the hell out on internal everywhere…..
Old 02-15-23, 05:54 PM
danibear
Pit Crew

Also, do you see bubbles?

I saw some PPF bubbles on hood, door curves, and way many bubbles at the fenders “blend-in” edges above front wheels…..
Old 02-16-23, 05:58 AM
CJinTx
Driver

Originally Posted by danibear
Also, do you see bubbles?

I saw some PPF bubbles on hood, door curves, and way many bubbles at the fenders “blend-in” edges above front wheels…..
I did have ceramic (22PLE) over the whole car. The hood is wrapped and no edges but there are in other places; they can’t wrap everywhere. I think maybe because it’s a dark paint, the edges aren’t as noticeable, even if the car gets dusty. I don’t see any bubbles in the Xpel wrap. They warranty their work and will fix any issues. I also noticed that with the tint, they do use a lot of liquid in the install process but I see no evidence of any staining. I guess with these installers your mileage may vary as they say. I went with the Xpel XR+ because I live in Texas and I really wanted the UV and heat protection.
Old 02-16-23, 07:22 AM
danibear
Pit Crew

Thanks for the feedback CJin, I am in Louisiana so need UV protection as well…. We might move to Houston area later, company has office at Chanelview.

Yes, I have the Xpel warranty as well. I did a closer look last night with a flashlight, and found the rocker PPF is not in good condition ( where you normally won’t see):

left rocker has 2 huge yellow oily like dots beneath PPF, I can feel them with finger…..I swear there is none since I used 70% isopropyl cleaned out all dirt the night before I drop off…

right rocker has a smaller rock chip beneath the PPF.. and has edge did not seal well and now benign to collect small rock chips and dirt…

I will bring car back to that Xpel trained installer…. These are all fixable, but what bothers me is people do not care about our babies….. even I paid quite some thousands to these “Xpel trained professional installers” without asking…

Suggest you do a good check, especially those spots normally won’t be noticed. PPF edges that collect dirt and water will deteriorate with time.

One last question before I continue hijacking this theme….. Does your ceramic coating requires annual inspection or Xpel warranty will expire ? ( assume yours ceramic coating is Xpel as well)

I googled it and basically found they highly possible will charge an annual fee to re-apply some coating which is OK…..

Old 02-16-23, 07:25 AM
RysLC500
Intermediate

Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by DRGibbons
Breakfast at Black Bear Diner in front of Cabela's in League City Texas. On my way to Galveston to catch a cruise ship. Early breakfast insures no door dings in the parking lot!

If you had a vert you could fish from inside your car
Old 02-16-23, 08:48 AM
Cooker883
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Mine didn't get out of the garage after monday... so no pics here.

your car and pic are wonderful though, thank you for sharing!

great shot. But speaking of handsome exteriors, I went over the entire body of my LC with a magnet, and it only detected steel on the upper rear fenders. What is the rest of it made of?

Old 02-16-23, 10:13 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,895 Likes on 1,336 Posts

^^^^^

The following 3 users liked this post by flowrider:
breplica (02-16-23), guanche2k9 (02-20-23), NiceCars (02-22-23)
Old 02-16-23, 11:23 AM
CJinTx
Driver

Thanks for the feedback CJin, I am in Louisiana so need UV protection as well…. We might move to Houston area later, company has office at Chanelview.

Yes, I have the Xpel warranty as well. I did a closer look last night with a flashlight, and found the rocker PPF is not in good condition ( where you normally won’t see):

left rocker has 2 huge yellow oily like dots beneath PPF, I can feel them with finger…..I swear there is none since I used 70% isopropyl cleaned out all dirt the night before I drop off…

right rocker has a smaller rock chip beneath the PPF.. and has edge did not seal well and now benign to collect small rock chips and dirt…

I will bring car back to that Xpel trained installer…. These are all fixable, but what bothers me is people do not care about our babies….. even I paid quite some thousands to these “Xpel trained professional installers” without asking…

Suggest you do a good check, especially those spots normally won’t be noticed. PPF edges that collect dirt and water will deteriorate with time.

One last question before I continue hijacking this theme….. Does your ceramic coating requires annual inspection or Xpel warranty will expire ? ( assume yours ceramic coating is Xpel as well)

I googled it and basically found they highly possible will charge an annual fee to re-apply some coating which is OK…..
I got a different coating - 22ple, it is a 5 year coating, and once a year they give it a “boost” or whatever, for $100 or so.

Old 02-16-23, 12:55 PM
danibear
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by CJinTx
I got a different coating - 22ple, it is a 5 year coating, and once a year they give it a “boost” or whatever, for $100 or so.
I see, thanks. I sometimes just keep missing people’s abbreviation….. my bad…lol.

I was given a Xpel boost liquid when I picked up at the shop. Shop staff told me to use it after 3 times of “high speed machine wash”, I hand wash only, so I plan to use this boost once every month or even longer….

Old 02-16-23, 02:05 PM
fodalo
Instructor

yes only the rears have steel, it helps the weight distribution front to back.
Old 02-16-23, 03:42 PM
silvernite
Driver

Received 98 Likes on 45 Posts

Apologies if it is getting too off topic.

I use XPEL PPF and XPEL Fusion Plus Ceramic Coating. My detail shop provided 10 year warranty on the PPF covering yellowing, cracking, blistering or de-laminating. They said if I see any of that bring it back and they will fix it. The ceramic coating came with a 4 year warranty. According to them it can probably last 5+ years given how my LC 500 gets a spot in the garage and probably won't be parked outside much. For the XPEL ceramic coating, I was also provided a booster bottle (looks like milky white liquid for those who use XPEL ceramic coat) and was instructed to apply it annually or take it back to them and pay them to apply it for me. They also gave me a blue liquid detail spray for cleaning any random stains off, I just keep that in the trunk of my cars.

Quick Reply: Post a picture you took today