LC Model (2018-present)

Dealer Appointment This Morning

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-21, 06:24 AM
threeputt
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Dealer Appointment This Morning

I am in Canada (Ontario) and will be going to the dealer today at 1000 to discuss ordering a 2022 LC Coupe. He told me he does not have the pricing yet but expects it by 1 Oct. He did say he received some order details from Lexus and something that caught my eye was a new bespoke package that is new. Not sure what that means yet but will find out this morning and pass it on if anyone is interested. Dealer did mention there is one new exterior colour, Cadmium Orange, at least here in Canada. That will be matched up with an orange interior as well
Old 08-26-21, 07:02 AM
RysLC500
Intermediate

Received 123 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by threeputt
I am in Canada (Ontario) and will be going to the dealer today at 1000 to discuss ordering a 2022 LC Coupe. He told me he does not have the pricing yet but expects it by 1 Oct. He did say he received some order details from Lexus and something that caught my eye was a new bespoke package that is new. Not sure what that means yet but will find out this morning and pass it on if anyone is interested. Dealer did mention there is one new exterior colour, Cadmium Orange, at least here in Canada. That will be matched up with an orange interior as well
Never heard of a "bespoke" option. Maybe its a dealer thing? Damn orange on orange? I would feel like Cinderella on the way to the ball...bimppy boppty boo
The following users liked this post:
ECL (08-27-21)
Old 08-26-21, 09:16 AM
threeputt
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by RysLC500
Never heard of a "bespoke" option. Maybe its a dealer thing? Damn orange on orange? I would feel like Cinderella on the way to the ball...bimppy boppty boo
Orange on orange would be something but not for me!! On the bespoke edition, it is not a dealer thing, it is from Lexus but no pricing yet. If you select the standard coupe version you can then choose:

+ Exterior Colour Selection
+ Interior Colour Selection
+ Wheels selection: 20" Cast / 21" Forged / 21” Forged Inspiration Edition 5
+ Roof selection: Carbon / Glass
+ Seats selection: Comfort / Sport
+ Spoiler selection: none / Active Rear Wing / Fixed Carbon Rear Wing

No pricing yet but expected by end of September and looking at a 4 to 5 month wait which is fine for my situation.

The following 2 users liked this post by threeputt:
bitkahuna (08-26-21), RysLC500 (08-26-21)
Old 08-26-21, 09:24 AM
dknyov
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Orange on orange would be something but not for me!! On the bespoke edition, it is not a dealer thing, it is from Lexus but no pricing yet. If you select the standard coupe version you can then choose:

+ Exterior Colour Selection
+ Interior Colour Selection
+ Wheels selection: 20" Cast / 21" Forged / 21” Forged Inspiration Edition 5
+ Roof selection: Carbon / Glass
+ Seats selection: Comfort / Sport
+ Spoiler selection: none / Active Rear Wing / Fixed Carbon Rear Wing

No pricing yet but expected by end of September and looking at a 4 to 5 month wait which is fine for my situation.
21” Forged Inspiration Edition 5 AND Fixed Carbon Rear Wing are the same from 2021 Obsidian black Inspiration Series? I hope they are. But I have hard time to decide which wing lol, I love both Active and carbon fiber fix.
Old 08-26-21, 09:32 AM
threeputt
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by dknyov
21” Forged Inspiration Edition 5 AND Fixed Carbon Rear Wing are the same from 2021 Obsidian black Inspiration Series? I hope they are. But I have hard time to decide which wing lol, I love both Active and carbon fiber fix.
Yes, dealer told me that those choices are from the inspiration edition (not available any longer in Canada for 2022). I like the wheels and will probably order those but have to decide on which wing I will get.
dknyov (08-26-21)
Old 08-26-21, 09:55 AM
dknyov
Pit Crew

Yes, dealer told me that those choices are from the inspiration edition (not available any longer in Canada for 2022). I like the wheels and will probably order those but have to decide on which wing I will get.
Now I can order the car to have the same look at 2021 Inspiration Edition. I love it.
Old 08-26-21, 04:35 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 113 Likes on 62 Posts

Thanks @threeputt for sharing! This is interesting as a few weeks back I put down a deposit for the 2022 "Inspiration Series/Edition" coupe, even though it hasn't been announced. My salesperson had spoken to corporate and it was kind of suggested that there would be another Inspiration Series but like last year wouldn't be announced till very late this year / early next year and deliveries will be in Spring 2022. So curious what they'll do with the bespoke options and what the configurator/pricing will look like come October.
Old 08-26-21, 07:26 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,635 Posts

Now I can order the car to have the same look at 2021 Inspiration Edition. I love it.
threeputt is in canada so no guarantee we'll have the bespoke option in the u.s.
Old 08-26-21, 09:21 PM
dknyov
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
threeputt is in canada so no guarantee we'll have the bespoke option in the u.s.
Yeah, I just like the new wheels. I hope at least they will update the new wheels option for the US.
Old 08-27-21, 06:14 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah, I just like the new wheels. I hope at least they will update the new wheels option for the US.
i really like those inspiration wheels too. Wish they were available to buy.

dknyov (08-27-21)
Old 08-27-21, 08:46 AM
jbuffett
Intermediate

Received 194 Likes on 119 Posts

On the bespoke edition, it is not a dealer thing, it is from Lexus but no pricing yet.
Toyota / Lexus famously do not allow you to order "custom" vehicles. You can spec a vehicle on their website then the dealer can watch for a car to get built that most closely matches that combination, but they won't build the car to a customer spec.

It sounds like this might be changing.
Old 08-27-21, 10:03 AM
DRGibbons
Advanced

Received 469 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by jbuffett
Toyota / Lexus famously do not allow you to order "custom" vehicles. You can spec a vehicle on their website then the dealer can watch for a car to get built that most closely matches that combination, but they won't build the car to a customer spec.
Bien au contraire !

I ordered my 2018 LC from my dealer back in February 2018 (delivered in May 2018) and was able to go down the list and include/exclude options and packages as I wished, even down to lug nuts and cargo net. The only caveat was that once you picked your build, the dealer had to submit the build sheet for approval to Lexus. It took about 3-4 days to get the go ahead from the 'mother ship' and the order was placed. My LC was built precisely as requested albeit some of my requested options/adds (said locking lug nuts and cargo mat) were installed at the port prior to transporting to my dealer in Albuquerque. My dealer kept me informed of the build and shipping progress on a regular basis. I was even furnished a VIN number well before shipment from Japan.

Old 08-27-21, 11:09 AM
jbuffett
Intermediate

Received 194 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by DRGibbons
I ordered my 2018 LC from my dealer back in February 2018 (delivered in May 2018) and was able to go down the list and include/exclude options and packages as I wished, even down to lug nuts and cargo net. The only caveat was that once you picked your build, the dealer had to submit the build sheet for approval to Lexus. It took about 3-4 days to get the go ahead from the 'mother ship' and the order was placed. My LC was built precisely as requested albeit some of my requested options/adds (said locking lug nuts and cargo mat) were installed at the port prior to transporting to my dealer in Albuquerque. My dealer kept me informed of the build and shipping progress on a regular basis. I was even furnished a VIN number well before shipment from Japan.
I attempted to do the same thing with my LC convertible (it will be here in about a month) and they were unable to get me the exact specification that I requested (various upgrades but the 20-inch graphite wheels, I also wanted the carbon front lip). Their explanation aligned with Tom McParland's from Jalopnik:

https://jalopnik.com/just-because-a-...-fr-1818780605

I’ve also encountered a few situations where a dealer claimed they can order a car when it simply was not the case. Awhile back, I worked with a client who wanted a brand new Lexus LS 460 that starts at around $75,000, but he was satisfied with the standard equipment and didn’t want to buy the $85,000 versions that were on the lots. He figured that Lexus would gladly build him what he wanted. I came to find out after a long conversation with Lexus corporate, that Lexus, unlike the European brands, will not build a customer car. The dealership can request a build, but if the factory will only build the most popular configurations and if that particular spec never gets made, the store will never get it.

It's possible that your particular spec was one that they produced fairly often. Them giving you a VIN doesn't necessarily mean the car was custom, that's just the VIN of their car that aligned with your requested options. Can you share your specific options? Was there any combination that you would consider unique/rare?
Old 08-27-21, 11:28 AM
DRGibbons
Advanced

Received 469 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by jbuffett
Them giving you a VIN doesn't necessarily mean the car was custom, that's just the VIN of their car that aligned with your requested options. Can you share your specific options?
Maybe what you say is true, but I did receive the VIN prior to it being shipped from the Motomachi facility. I even was given the ship name it travelled on so I could see when it arrived in Long Beach, CA. (I was there when the boat docked, as I was working in the area at that time). My dealer seemed to have his finger on the pulse, maybe some inside connections (??).

I've attached my monroney for you to peruse.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LC500 Window Sticker.pdf (1.57 MB, 78 views)
Old 08-27-21, 09:38 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

^^ well that was 3+ model years ago now, so things can change. Plus some dealers just won't do it.

Quick Reply: Dealer Appointment This Morning