LC Model (2018-present)

2022 Lexus LC: What's New and Notable?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-21, 12:36 PM
355F1
Racer

Received 620 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by dknyov
Anyone figureed it out, why LC did not have 360 camera. How can we ask Lexus to answer this question. That is basic function in every new car nowadays. I bought Beatsonic front camera, and have schedule to install on 12/16.
My last RX base model loaner had it!
Old 11-20-21, 02:33 PM
dknyov
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 355F1
My last RX base model loaner had it!
Yes, it is weird. Base model have it, but flagship model does not have it.
Old 11-20-21, 03:45 PM
NickL
Instructor

Received 323 Likes on 213 Posts

Current LC owners should be happy about the little change in 2022. But I bet the same whiners still complain(even more) if the new 2022 is has a lot more options.
I’m okay either way if I can find a dealer that would order a Bespoke model I built. With the little change of the new model, the 2021 sitting in their lot is starting to look pretty tempting especially if I can get some discount off the sticker price. Very soon, the snow flakes will start to fly here and there’s about 5 convertibles sitting at dealers’ lot.

Old 11-20-21, 07:47 PM
dknyov
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by NickL
Current LC owners should be happy about the little change in 2022. But I bet the same whiners still complain(even more) if the new 2022 is has a lot more options.
I’m okay either way if I can find a dealer that would order a Bespoke model I built. With the little change of the new model, the 2021 sitting in their lot is starting to look pretty tempting especially if I can get some discount off the sticker price. Very soon, the snow flakes will start to fly here and there’s about 5 convertibles sitting at dealers’ lot.
yes, wait for December to Remember discount coming soon.
Old 11-21-21, 06:05 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

From Lexus press room.
https://pressroom.lexus.com/whats-new-2022-lc-500-500h/

. The LC Bespoke Build is based on the Sport Package, which includes Torsen limited-slip rear differential with Yamaha rear performance damper, high mu performance brake pads and Intuitive Parking Assist. The all-weather package with heated steering wheel is also standard.”

My problem with this is there’s no mention of rear wheel steer and no option to add it. I asked the dealer and they know nothing about it and said they can’t even order anything through Lexus right now.
thanks. Agree the rear-steer should be an option. But again, this is just inspiration with some flexibility.
Old 11-21-21, 06:09 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
But its not Bespoke as it doesn’t bring anything new to the table that is not already offered on the Dynamic Handling Package.
This is a flexible inspiration option and you can get leather or interior, glass roof, and the fixed wing for examples of things you can't with the DH package.

All i want is the black chrome trim and wheels paired with Dynamic Handling pack and some nice blue color.
I agree 1000% combos like this should be available.

Guys, i do agree completely if it's 'bespoke' it should allow ANY combination of options/colors, but clearly it does not, but it's more than we've had before.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 11-21-21 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-21-21, 01:58 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Nobody is whining but ppl that shop for cars in this segment expect a certain level of customization especially if you are coming from Euro brands. This has been an achilles heel for Lexus and main reason why they can’t sell high ticket cars.

Also most Lex dealers don’t even want to do custom orders which has been my experience previously.
The following 2 users liked this post by RNM GS3:
355F1 (11-21-21), dknyov (11-21-21)
Old 11-22-21, 06:13 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Nobody is whining but ppl that shop for cars in this segment expect a certain level of customization especially if you are coming from Euro brands. This has been an achilles heel for Lexus and main reason why they can’t sell high ticket cars.
you're absolutely right. Lexus has always 'packaged' the cars just like their cheaper toyotas... a few option packages, most of which you can't get on dealer lots, and like you say, most dealers can't be bothered with custom orders ... they'd rather sell you an ES or RX because they have loads of those. This is what killed the GS too.

Lexus works to find niches between the german models. The ES, being FWD, is relatively 'cheap', but still refined and comfortable for someone who has no interest in sporty driving. The RX is similar. The IS was neglected for years and now they've stuck the V8 in it to add some excitement, but it's basically too little too late.

the latest LS tried to be different enough from an s-class, but in the end it just isn't roomy enough to compete. The infotainment was bad so they 'stuck' a touch screen on an otherwise attractive dash.

the LC though, is entirely different. Most dealers have *1* or maybe 2 in stock so they can have some wow on the showroom floor.

The LC, like the LFA that came before it, is from the Lexus unicorn department. Rare, special, and the dealers haven't really got a clue. But as owners we can still enjoy these special cars and just accept the dealers for what they are.
The following 2 users liked this post by bitkahuna:
355F1 (11-22-21), Kira X (11-22-21)
Old 11-22-21, 07:20 AM
355F1
Racer

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
you're absolutely right. Lexus has always 'packaged' the cars just like their cheaper toyotas... a few option packages, most of which you can't get on dealer lots, and like you say, most dealers can't be bothered with custom orders ... they'd rather sell you an ES or RX because they have loads of those. This is what killed the GS too.

Lexus works to find niches between the german models. The ES, being FWD, is relatively 'cheap', but still refined and comfortable for someone who has no interest in sporty driving. The RX is similar. The IS was neglected for years and now they've stuck the V8 in it to add some excitement, but it's basically too little too late.

the latest LS tried to be different enough from an s-class, but in the end it just isn't roomy enough to compete. The infotainment was bad so they 'stuck' a touch screen on an otherwise attractive dash.

the LC though, is entirely different. Most dealers have *1* or maybe 2 in stock so they can have some wow on the showroom floor.

The LC, like the LFA that came before it, is from the Lexus unicorn department. Rare, special, and the dealers haven't really got a clue. But as owners we can still enjoy these special cars and just accept the dealers for what they are.
Well said. I miss my ES UL! It was the most comfortable car to have to put 30k miles per year on as a work car!
The following users liked this post:
bitkahuna (11-22-21)
Old 11-22-21, 10:37 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Well said. I miss my ES UL! It was the most comfortable car to have to put 30k miles per year on as a work car!
a great vehicle for all those miles!

i assume you have a car besides the LC now?

my hyundai santa fe is very comfortable, has more bells and whistles and a better sound system than the LC not as much fun though!
Old 11-22-21, 11:02 AM
355F1
Racer

a great vehicle for all those miles!

i assume you have a car besides the LC now?
Nope.....just the LC. Work from home is now permanent so no more traversing AZ/NM/TX 14-20 days per month working on the road!
bitkahuna (11-22-21)
Old 11-22-21, 11:22 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

sweet. i have my own biz so can work from home or my office so not much commuting here either. i do have to move IT gear around though and have tools for some installs/fixes so that's why the suv is handy.
Old 11-22-21, 11:44 AM
355F1
Racer

sweet. i have my own biz so can work from home or my office so not much commuting here either. i do have to move IT gear around though and have tools for some installs/fixes so that's why the suv is handy.
GF has a Cayenne.
bitkahuna (11-22-21)
Old 11-24-21, 10:55 AM
nikachu
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

GF has a Cayenne.
lol lucky gf.... I tell the girls i date . "Best I can do is a passenger seat" hahaha
Old 11-24-21, 12:18 PM
355F1
Racer

Originally Posted by nikachu
lol lucky gf.... I tell the girls i date . "Best I can do is a passenger seat" hahaha
She drove a Macan when I met her. 8 months ago...but I found her a 2019 Cayenne w/ 9k miles with the super rare Club leather ($5,700 option almost nobody gets when building) locally and she bought it in September. She is an NP who specializes on ortho trauma surgery. She makes her own money....

The following 2 users liked this post by 355F1:
bitkahuna (11-25-21), lig (11-26-21)

Quick Reply: 2022 Lexus LC: What's New and Notable?