LC Model (2018-present)

Dealer says less than 20 LC500 on order for USA and only 2 on the ground right now.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-21, 05:27 PM
nikachu
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Dealer says less than 20 LC500 on order for USA and only 2 on the ground right now.

Is there any benefit to just buying a "new" 2021 vs buying a 2022 at this point?

I'm ready to pull the gun and then this monkey wrench hit.

Old 11-23-21, 06:32 PM
355F1
Racer

Received 620 Likes on 398 Posts

Coupe or convertible?

Old 11-23-21, 06:35 PM
nikachu
Rookie

Originally Posted by 355F1
Coupe or convertible?
for what is allocated for usa? Pretty much all convertibles. I don't think they're going to be having many 2022 out and about outside of actually ordering one.

I'm personally looking for a yellow vert. Found one thats in CA so going to ask dealer to do a dealer swap at this point.
Old 11-23-21, 06:57 PM
355F1
Racer

Originally Posted by nikachu
I'm personally looking for a yellow vert. Found one thats in CA so going to ask dealer to do a dealer swap at this point.
CA dealers are stingy with the LC convertibles. I can almost guarantee they will not be willing to dealer-swap this vehicle.

I do wish you good luck with that request.

Old 11-23-21, 07:46 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,568 Posts

Is there any benefit to just buying a "new" 2021 vs buying a 2022 at this point?

I'm ready to pull the gun and then this monkey wrench hit.
dealers will say ANYTHING to make you buy what they have or can more easily get. They'd say there's 1 on order and none on the ground if that would make you buy a '21.

if you do go for a '21 (and nothing wrong with that, i love mine!) you should be able to get more of a discount.

but don't believe what a dealer salesperson is telling you, who has to make their mortgage payment.
Old 11-23-21, 07:47 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Just buy it from CA dealer and drive it home or transport it.
Old 11-23-21, 07:53 PM
355F1
Racer

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Just buy it from CA dealer and drive it home or transport it.
You have to pay CA sales tax if you drive it off the lot. (even if you don't live there).

You will need to transport it.

I have bought quite a few new and used cars out of state.
The following users liked this post:
bitkahuna (11-23-21)
Old 11-23-21, 08:12 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 355F1
You have to pay CA sales tax if you drive it off the lot. (even if you don't live there).
not surprised it's like that in taxifornia.

You will need to transport it.

I have bought quite a few new and used cars out of state.

Old 11-23-21, 08:42 PM
nikachu
Rookie

dealers will say ANYTHING to make you buy what they have or can more easily get. They'd say there's 1 on order and none on the ground if that would make you buy a '21.

if you do go for a '21 (and nothing wrong with that, i love mine!) you should be able to get more of a discount.

but don't believe what a dealer salesperson is telling you, who has to make their mortgage payment.
I'm conflicted the dealer has always been super up front with me on all of it. this is my third car from the same salesperson.

I know myself If I have to wait 5 more months I'm not gonna get the car, especially since I want this stupid yellow haha.

I pretty much told him.

1.9%
Do the dealer swap from CA to WA and then the discount I'd have gotten on the car should more than cover that.
less than a week ship time

options:
* 21 inch wheels and gloss black accents.
* heads up display
* limited slip diff and damper
* paint
* carbon scuff plates
Touring package.

101,100 base ( 111,595) 1075 handling = 112670 as on the sticker.

First aid kit and mats included.

If they can get it to me at that I think I'm fine with it?

Should I ask for anything else outside the terms + the dealer paying the swap transportation cost?

Old 11-24-21, 04:57 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

if you've bought 3 vehicles from the same salesperson, it means they know you, your hot buttons, psychology, etc. unless they really are your friend outside of their job, they're not your friend! not saying you have to be an a-hole, just have to know what you want. when i got my lc, salesperson, who was very nice and 'friendly', started out telling me how they 'always go for over msrp' (b.s). after a ton of back and forth he asked what's the number i want. I told him (about 7k under msrp which included 3k lexus promo so that cost the dealer nothing), he said the usual 'got to talk to the manager' or whatever, got back to me and said i had a deal.

if it's want you want, great, but i believe you should be able to do better than msrp. salesperson knows you, and knows you'll likely pay msrp... but if you're good with it, go for it!

Last edited by bitkahuna; 11-24-21 at 05:04 AM.
Old 11-24-21, 07:38 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 332 Likes on 218 Posts

What's the deal? I thought in your other post, you'll be getting your LC next month?
None of the dealers here can order what I want. And at $100K, I want to be able to get the options I want rather than just getting any LC on the lot. It's a shame really why Lexus advertise their "custom" Bespoke build and yet none of the dealer know anything about it and can't order anything through Lexus right now. And they have no idea on when the order will actually be opened.
I'm tired of the anticipation and waiting. I did my Bespoke build, sent it to 3 local dealers, all came back and said they can't order anything through Lexus. And one even ask me what specific options I want so that they possible can locate the car. Huh? Didn't you get my build?
I've decided to spend the $6K on full vehicle PPF on my 2020 GSF and keep it instead of trading it in for an LC. I may or may not look into the LC when Lexus is more serious about custom order.
Good luck.

Last edited by NickL; 11-24-21 at 07:41 AM.
Old 11-24-21, 07:41 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Usually the CA dealers are more willing to deal than those in less competitive markets, but these days that may not be true.

If you ship the car you should (in my experience) pay your local sales tax when you register the car. This used to really work out for me when I lived on a county island and avoided city sales tax and only paid county tax. Not sure how your tax rates compare to CA.

The dealer swaps do cost the dealers money, or at the very least, an allocation. Especially if they other dealer has already added BS dealer add ons like Zaktek or tint. Don't be surprised if they are unwilling to swap, especially across state lines.
Old 11-24-21, 08:09 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 332 Likes on 218 Posts

This was how I bought my 2020 GSF. I bought in GA and had them ship the vehicle to me. I paid my state sales tax upon registration. That process was seamless.
The following users liked this post:
nikachu (11-24-21)
Old 11-24-21, 10:42 AM
nikachu
Rookie

if you've bought 3 vehicles from the same salesperson, it means they know you, your hot buttons, psychology, etc. unless they really are your friend outside of their job, they're not your friend! not saying you have to be an a-hole, just have to know what you want. when i got my lc, salesperson, who was very nice and 'friendly', started out telling me how they 'always go for over msrp' (b.s). after a ton of back and forth he asked what's the number i want. I told him (about 7k under msrp which included 3k lexus promo so that cost the dealer nothing), he said the usual 'got to talk to the manager' or whatever, got back to me and said i had a deal.

if it's want you want, great, but i believe you should be able to do better than msrp. salesperson knows you, and knows you'll likely pay msrp... but if you're good with it, go for it!
Yeah I think it might be my nature to assume that once you've got a relationship they will do good by you but you're right.

I'll give a go at negotiating the price. (esp with it being end of year model) Worth a shot at least.

Thank you for the tips. I appreciated it.
Old 11-24-21, 10:49 AM
nikachu
Rookie

Originally Posted by NickL
What's the deal? I thought in your other post, you'll be getting your LC next month?
None of the dealers here can order what I want. And at $100K, I want to be able to get the options I want rather than just getting any LC on the lot. It's a shame really why Lexus advertise their "custom" Bespoke build and yet none of the dealer know anything about it and can't order anything through Lexus right now. And they have no idea on when the order will actually be opened.
I'm tired of the anticipation and waiting. I did my Bespoke build, sent it to 3 local dealers, all came back and said they can't order anything through Lexus. And one even ask me what specific options I want so that they possible can locate the car. Huh? Didn't you get my build?
I've decided to spend the $6K on full vehicle PPF on my 2020 GSF and keep it instead of trading it in for an LC. I may or may not look into the LC when Lexus is more serious about custom order.
Good luck.

Yes I am buying next month. I just wanted to wait for my xmas bonus to hit, as a 10-15k down payment is a pretty big chunk to just toss away in a month

The car in california is specced at what I want. I was waiting for 2022 to see if any improvements were meaningful and partially because if i'm spending 120k after taxes I'm getting a "new" car.

The reality is there are not many yellows in existence. I know that If I have to wait months for a build I'd just convince myself out of it which is why I said I'm ok with a 2021.

My dealer said they will take my build now for 2022 but its a 5-6 month wait for the car (bespoke) Also it looks like interest on a 2022 is like 3-5% which is not a crazy amount but also still a decent chunk of change.

If they cant get me the yellow one then I'll do what bitkahuna said and ball bust them on one of my second choice colors that they have locally.

I'll then just get the car wrapped and call it a day.

Quick Reply: Dealer says less than 20 LC500 on order for USA and only 2 on the ground right now.