Search this Thread

Old 11-29-21, 10:19 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 431 Likes on 355 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by nikachu
Thank you so much! Hype for those first photos and that first 1,000 miles
I can’t imagine how exciting it will be. It’s going to be awesome!

Old 11-30-21, 02:35 PM
355F1
Racer

Received 631 Likes on 404 Posts

3000 for transport…
Yikes.

I don’t even have any words. I had my LC shipped enclosed from Chicago to Phoenix for like $1,600ish in Dec 2021.

Somebody marked that up immensely for a simple I-5 South-North run.

Furthermore, I don’t understand why they made you pay for transport if it was a dealer trade.

The only thing that really matters is your opinion on the perceived value you’re getting for your money.

Last edited by 355F1; 11-30-21 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-30-21, 02:39 PM
nikachu
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 355F1
Yikes.

I don’t even have any words. I had my LC shipped from Chicago to Phoenix for like $1,600ish in Dec 2021.

Furthermore, I don’t understand why they made you pay for transport if it was a dealer trade.

The only thing that really matters is your opinion on the perceived value you’re getting for your money.
They told me it was this much because they have to use a third party enclosed trailer.

It might also be greasing the palm of the salesman down there as my normal dealer told me it was sold already and they said the same thing... Then the salesman made a call to someone and it magically became available..

I'll chalk it up as money to get the deal done.

Overall, I'm hype for the car. Maybe not the greatest deal but it's not like I don't have to sink even more in... (Registration in washington for this car is 1300 a year T_T )
Old 11-30-21, 02:43 PM
dknyov
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Yikes.

I don’t even have any words. I had my LC shipped from Chicago to Phoenix for like $1,600ish in Dec 2021.

I paid 3000$ ( enclosed ) for transport from FL to OR. But I bought the car myself not dealer trade. How OP do a dealer trade and have to pay for transport? If you pay for transport yourself then it is not dealer trade, somebody correct me if I am wrong.
Old 11-30-21, 02:47 PM
nikachu
Rookie

Originally Posted by dknyov
I paid 3000$ ( enclosed ) for transport from FL to OR. But I bought the car myself not dealer trade. How OP do a dealer trade and have to pay for transport? If you pay for transport yourself then it is not dealer trade, somebody correct me if I am wrong.
yeah would be interesting to know what happened... not like anything can be done about it, but it might just be shipping costs are super high... I know I ship stuff from china to usa a lot for a game I make. The cost of shipping containers is insane right now.
Old 11-30-21, 04:30 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

When my Urus arrived at my dealer (out of state), they delivered it to me via enclosed trailer (no charge), and collected my LC trade-in at the same time (no charge). And still get the tax benefit of my state trade-in rules. All negotiated up front of course.

And to add, they even handled the out-of-state registration process (via 3rd party company). Whole process was pretty simple, aside from the 8 month wait (7 months + almost 1 month for PPF). But is now 12-18 months for a Urus.

Last edited by TimboIS; 11-30-21 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-30-21, 08:10 PM
nikachu
Rookie

Originally Posted by TimboIS
When my Urus arrived at my dealer (out of state), they delivered it to me via enclosed trailer (no charge), and collected my LC trade-in at the same time (no charge). And still get the tax benefit of my state trade-in rules. All negotiated up front of course.

And to add, they even handled the out-of-state registration process (via 3rd party company). Whole process was pretty simple, aside from the 8 month wait (7 months + almost 1 month for PPF). But is now 12-18 months for a Urus.
Yeah. I just looked at both dealer sites. The Washington one still has 1 in stock in bellevue. So I think maybe they just did a greasyhandshake and just did the deal for me and not a swap.
it is what it is. 3k isn't the worst to lose
Old 11-30-21, 08:11 PM
nikachu
Rookie

how much was the PPF. I'm starting to call around tomorrow.
Old 11-30-21, 09:05 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

how much was the PPF. I'm starting to call around tomorrow.
$7600 Urus full PPF. There’s a LOT of surface (roof, etc) and complicated shapes, folds, etc. Took a week to complete. I’d ballpark LC full PPF at $5k-6k. Definitely worth it.

Last edited by TimboIS; 11-30-21 at 09:52 PM.
Old 12-01-21, 03:04 PM
nikachu
Rookie

$7600 Urus full PPF. There’s a LOT of surface (roof, etc) and complicated shapes, folds, etc. Took a week to complete. I’d ballpark LC full PPF at $5k-6k. Definitely worth it.
awesome and thank you. Lol goodbye xmas bonus lul. Glad I asked I thought it was gonna be like 2-3k
Old 12-01-21, 03:13 PM
RysLC500
Intermediate

Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts

They said about 10 days to deliver from socal to Bellevue Wa. Maybe another day for the tint application when it gets here. So like next thursday or friday hopefully.
They don't have any new LC's in SOCAL? That would surprise me lol
Old 12-01-21, 03:16 PM
RysLC500
Intermediate

Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts

Yikes.

I don’t even have any words. I had my LC shipped enclosed from Chicago to Phoenix for like $1,600ish in Dec 2021.

Welcome to the supply chain nightmare and no one wants to work anymore year. I paid like double for my new bed frames and like triple to have some trees trimmed in my yard
Old 12-01-21, 05:35 PM
nikachu
Rookie

Originally Posted by RysLC500
They don't have any new LC's in SOCAL? That would surprise me lol
define new... as in 2022? then no. No one has them. There are 20 or so in transit not on the ground.

as for "new" 2021's there is still a few here and there. in seattle there were 7: Tacoma , 2: bellevue , 1 Seattle

The dealer i bought from was newport lexus in CA, they had 2 this yellow one and one other that was incoming to their dealership.
Old 12-02-21, 11:35 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

There's another yellow one in Monterrey available also. https://www.lexusmontereypeninsula.c...paay3ma103717/
Old 12-02-21, 11:50 AM
nikachu
Rookie

Originally Posted by azmojo
There's another yellow one in Monterrey available also. https://www.lexusmontereypeninsula.c...paay3ma103717/
yeah and that one is on sale! I struggled a lot with the interior choice but decided to be safe and just stick with black interior. This one is a pretty solid deal if you like the color combo

Quick Reply: The Deal Is Done... New Lc500 vert!