LC Model (2018-present)

Vert Rattles?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-22, 04:14 PM
JSM701
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
why are your dunlops the worst? i have them too (they're dunlops anyway), and i have no complaints.
Glad you like them,I do not care for them. When I picked up my LC I was disappointed there were not Michelin tires on it. The Michelin tires give better ride & handling. I am not in the minority complaining about the Dunlops, check on Tire rack the ratings & reviews of the sport maxx.
Old 02-23-22, 07:38 PM
Insureit1
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

'21 Convertible here and not a single rattle. Rock solid!!
The following users liked this post:
NiceCars (02-23-22)
Old 02-23-22, 07:41 PM
r1lee
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Something in both side of the door squeaks. Very similar to rubbing two Styrofoam pieces together. I had it fixed (door lock cable) but as I rolled down the window it came back. So will take it back in the spring.
Old 02-23-22, 08:05 PM
NiceCars
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by r1lee
Something in both side of the door squeaks. Very similar to rubbing two Styrofoam pieces together. I had it fixed (door lock cable) but as I rolled down the window it came back. So will take it back in the spring.
Try a little dry silicone spray where the window meets the rubber gasket, let me know if this helps.

The following users liked this post:
r1lee (02-25-22)
Old 02-25-22, 07:03 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,568 Posts

just to be clear, i'm a huge fan of michelins too.

Originally Posted by NiceCars
FWIW, I had the Dunlap Sport Maxx's on my Jag XKR (non ROF) as OEM tires, and when i changed to Michelin Pilot Sports the ride and handling of the car improved dramatically, if I remember correctly the Michelin's weighed less, and any reduction in unsprung weight is a positive for an improvement in handling/driving characteristics, plus Michelins are known to be better tires. My MB S550 coupe came with Goodyear F1 Supercar ROF's and when I switched to non-ROF (Pilots) it also dramatically changed both the ride and over driving characteristics of the car. If I decide to get the vert the first thing I'd do is have the dealership change out the ROF's to non-ROF Michelin Pilots using touch free equipment. My BMW M850 came with the HP pkg with Michelin Pilot non-ROF's amongst other cool things, and BMW provides an extended mobility kit if you happen to get a flat.
i see you're referring to non-run flats as a replacement. i think i will stick with run flats.

Originally Posted by JSM701
Glad you like them,I do not care for them. When I picked up my LC I was disappointed there were not Michelin tires on it. The Michelin tires give better ride & handling. I am not in the minority complaining about the Dunlops, check on Tire rack the ratings & reviews of the sport maxx.
when i picked up my lc, i saw it had dunlops. sure i would have preferred it came with michelins based on experience but i'm just glad it didn't have the bridgestones which i've read a lot of bad about.
so JSM, are you down on the dunlops simply because they're not michelins or do you find something specific to complain about when driving the car?

i like to have 'fun' with my lc on curvy roads, and i've not experienced any tire limitations, guess i'm not having enough fun.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 02-25-22 at 07:08 AM.
Old 02-25-22, 11:39 AM
r1lee
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by NiceCars
Try a little dry silicone spray where the window meets the rubber gasket, let me know if this helps.
wouldn't that leave a streak when i roll down the window? recommended product?
Old 05-06-22, 06:00 PM
Badhobz
Instructor

Received 626 Likes on 332 Posts

not a rattle, but a squealing sound everytime the steering wheel extends/retracts for easy access. Sounds like it just needs some grease, but ill get the dealer to look at that and do the personalization settings as well.
Old 06-19-22, 10:08 PM
NiceCars
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by r1lee
wouldn't that leave a streak when i roll down the window? recommended product?
CRC food grade dry silicone
Old 09-06-22, 05:10 PM
355F1
Racer

Received 620 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by 355F1
Had a clicking body-shift-type sound from rear of car when turning any corner under 20MPH. since new.

They think the 8 bolts holding some tray weren't tightened in the correct order.

Bolts re-tightened in the correct sequence) and I haven't heard the noise since.
Clicking sound is back turning left or right 14-19mph.

Just dropped her off at the dealer again.

I've only put 1,200 miles on her since it was "fixed" last time so we will see what happens.

Also, I have a glass on rubber squeak at 45-55mph on the trim piece separating the driver window from the rear window. When I push it, the noise goes away. SO this will be address at this visit, too.
Old 09-08-22, 02:19 AM
North1Star
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Had a clicking body-shift-type sound from rear of car when turning any corner under 20MPH. since new.

They think the 8 bolts holding some tray weren't tightened in the correct order.

Bolts re-tightened in the correct sequence and I haven't heard the noise since.
i got the same issue since new near the lower back side of the passenger door

didn’t fix it yet as it doesn’t always happen, and dunno how to redo it so the dealer can pinpoint the issue
Old 09-08-22, 07:49 AM
355F1
Racer

Originally Posted by North1Star

didn’t fix it yet as it doesn’t always happen, and dunno how to redo it so the dealer can pinpoint the issue
THis is from something called the rear package tray, I think, from when they tightened the bolts last year.

Its' the body of the vehicle shifting and making the noise when I turn left/right between 14-19 mph.

Like something is loose.
Old 09-09-22, 07:01 AM
North1Star
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

THis is from something called the rear package tray, I think, from when they tightened the bolts last year.

Its' the body of the vehicle shifting and making the noise when I turn left/right between 14-19 mph.

Like something is loose.
Exactly, during turns at low speed, or when the body flix coming out from a parking garage ramp. How to access these bolts to tighten them?
Old 09-09-22, 07:04 AM
Badhobz
Instructor

Received 626 Likes on 332 Posts

Plz post pics of what you guys mean. Not sure where you're talking about
Old 09-09-22, 09:24 AM
MLMLC52K18
Advanced

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by North1Star

Try reversing up a steep ramp. That's when I hear my noise coming from right rear.
Old 09-09-22, 09:34 AM
355F1
Racer

Originally Posted by Badhobz
Plz post pics of what you guys mean. Not sure where you're talking about

Pics? How are we supposed to post a picture of sound?

Quick Reply: Vert Rattles?