LC Model (2018-present)

Touring/Performance Packages??

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-22, 06:33 AM
SamtheSham
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Touring/Performance Packages??

Looking on various web sites at the LC convertibles for sale, I see some listed with ' Touring package or Performance package' or both. Looking further at the description there is little difference between cars with these packages and ones that have no listing for packages.

What do the 'Touring' package and 'Performance' packages include? Are either standard on all convertibles(not likely I'm sure).

There does not seem to be a large number of options available for the convertible. The 'HUD' is the one item I would really like to have.
Old 03-16-22, 09:34 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

afaik, you cannot get the performance package (now called the dynamic handling package) on the convertible.
The following users liked this post:
LXSDO (03-16-22)
Old 03-16-22, 09:49 AM
SamtheSham
Pit Crew

Good information to know as several of the Sellers list "Touring Package", and "Performance Package" as included on the Convertibles they list for sale. What is included in the touring Package? Is it an extra cost option, on included on all cars?
Old 03-16-22, 01:37 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

touring package is semi analine leather seats i think and maybe a couple of other things, whereas sports package and performance / dyn handling package has alcantara inserts in seat. no doubt other differences, best to download the pdf brochure from lexus website to get the official scoop.

to get brochure, go here, go to bottom and click BROCURE: https://www.lexus.com/models/LC

Last edited by bitkahuna; 03-16-22 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-16-22, 02:03 PM
SamtheSham
Pit Crew

Is the 'HUD' available on the convertible?
Old 03-16-22, 02:53 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by SamtheSham
Yes. I have on mine.
Old 03-16-22, 05:54 PM
355F1
Racer

Received 620 Likes on 398 Posts

Yes. I have it on mine.
Old 03-16-22, 10:26 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

i've never seen a 'vert without the hud.

they seem to all come pretty much loaded.
Old 03-17-22, 05:10 AM
SamtheSham
Pit Crew

Good to know. There are some thing you just kind of expect to be standard on any Lexus, and then I get my wife a new RX450h(2022), and it does not have heated seats!!
Thx for HUD info.
Old 03-17-22, 05:48 AM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

Received 262 Likes on 129 Posts

Every single new LC convertible I shopped and saw online before I finally bought mine last May was packed with these "installed options": HUD, carbon scuff plate, Torsen limited-slip rear differential, 21-inch forged alloy wheels, and the Touring Package (which itself included ML audio, semi-aniline leather, climate concierge, heated steering wheel, windshield deicer and embossed headrests). Most also were packed with "optional" trunk mat, cargo net, wheel locks and key gloves.
bitkahuna (03-17-22)
Old 03-17-22, 12:33 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by redhot47fl
Every single new LC convertible I shopped and saw online before I finally bought mine last May was packed with these "installed options": HUD, carbon scuff plate, Torsen limited-slip rear differential, 21-inch forged alloy wheels, and the Touring Package (which itself included ML audio, semi-aniline leather, climate concierge, heated steering wheel, windshield deicer and embossed headrests). Most also were packed with "optional" trunk mat, cargo net, wheel locks and key gloves.
exactly, they're all loaded. it's unfortunate they don't offer the performance/dynamic handling package but i expect there's packaging problems somehow or they just figured convertible owners are more into cruising and less into handling.
Old 03-17-22, 12:39 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Good to know. There are some thing you just kind of expect to be standard on any Lexus, and then I get my wife a new RX450h(2022), and it does not have heated seats!!
Thx for HUD info.
i had to look this up and on the rx, heated seats are an individual option or part of the luxury package it seems. brochure: https://www.lexus.com/content/dam/le...X-Brochure.pdf

and i agree no way you should be able to get an rx today without heated seats!

Last edited by bitkahuna; 03-17-22 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-19-22, 06:24 AM
SamtheSham
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i had to look this up and on the rx, heated seats are an individual option or part of the luxury package it seems. brochure: https://www.lexus.com/content/dam/le...X-Brochure.pdf

and i agree no way you should be able to get an rx today without heated seats!
I was definitely surprised to find the lack of heated seats on a $80K 'Luxury' SUV. They are standard on everything from KIAs to Chev. Suburban. In S.W. Fla. not a necessity, but nice to have.
bitkahuna (03-19-22)
Old 03-20-22, 10:43 PM
jbuffett
Intermediate

Received 190 Likes on 115 Posts

I was definitely surprised to find the lack of heated seats on a $80K 'Luxury' SUV. They are standard on everything from KIAs to Chev. Suburban. In S.W. Fla. not a necessity, but nice to have.
I suspect that the package containing the heated/cooled seats as an option is included on the vast majority of RX's. Their website may give you the impression that you can build the car with a specific list of options, but Lexus picks all the options on every car they build then your dealer finds the car that most closely matches your option choices. You could probably find an RX without heated seats if you searched nationally, but you're unlikely to find one at your local dealer. At which point, that set of options is effectively "standard".
Old 03-21-22, 05:11 AM
SamtheSham
Pit Crew

To get a 'Hybrid' model, we had to take what the dealer was being sent. Other models that came in all had the heated seats. I must say that this experience is beginning to make me rethink my plans to get an LC500. Seems that Lexus is more interested in getting vehicles on the road than returning customers.

Quick Reply: Touring/Performance Packages??