LC Model (2018-present)

Questions for LC owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-22, 07:58 PM
uxrx
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Questions for LC owners

Hi everyone. I've got my eye on a potential LC purchase but I am curious what you all have to say on the following topics:

1 - Coupe owners: Do you feel like it's missing something being that the sunroof does not open? I always open my sunroof in cars so I'm worried I'll miss that. I don't think I want a full convertible though.

2 - Interior colors: How do you pick an interior color when you like both black and caramel? I could see myself being happy with either one and I'm torn 50/50.

3 - Ventilated seats: Do these work well? My most recent Lexus models have been a 2015 IS 350, 2018 RX 450h F Sport, 2019 UX 200, and 2020 ES 350 Luxury. The UX and ES had far superior ventilated seats than the IS and RX had.

4 - Sport seats: How much comfier are the non-sport seats compared to the sport seats? Did anyone cross compare the two?
Old 05-17-22, 09:18 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,472 Likes on 1,623 Posts

1. nope. the car pipes in engine audio (literally) when getting on it, and you can always open the windows.
2. get an inspiration with the black/brown combo?
3. work great!
4. don't know. but I have sports seats and find them extremely comfortable.
The following users liked this post:
uxrx (05-18-22)
Old 05-17-22, 09:19 PM
breplica
Pit Crew

Received 130 Likes on 60 Posts

I'll add what I can:

1 - I have the carbon roof, but my old car had a sunroof. I really wanted the glass roof but in my country I only get the sport package. I love having a glass roof but I don't think the ability to open it is that important. Its more for brightening up the interior, but that's just me

2 - Pick caramel. I have been in both interior options and the difference in the presentation and feeling of overall luxury is night and day difference between the two colours

3 - They work well but the seat ventilation fans are more audible than I would like (I think they could have made it much quieter. Even my IS250 from more than a decade ago had basically silent seat ventilation which worked just as well

4 - Have not tried the non-sport seats but I can tell you 100% that sport seats are one of the most comfortable driver's seats I have ever been in
uxrx (05-18-22)
Old 05-18-22, 12:13 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 133 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by uxrx
Hi everyone. I've got my eye on a potential LC purchase but I am curious what you all have to say on the following topics:
3 - Ventilated seats: Do these work well? My most recent Lexus models have been a 2015 IS 350, 2018 RX 450h F Sport, 2019 UX 200, and 2020 ES 350 Luxury. The UX and ES had far superior ventilated seats than the IS and RX had.
My previous 3 cars car were IS350s and the ventilated seats in the LC are better. I think there's an overall limit to the effectiveness of ventilated seats as the overall concept is you are trying to blow air through perforations that are blocked by your butt and back. But the fan seems more powerful in the LC.
uxrx (05-18-22)
Old 05-18-22, 05:52 AM
uxrx
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I appreciate the responses so far! I know this information is likely scattered throughout the forums but I wanted to compile it all here for my research purposes. It's funny how the ventilated seats can vary so much from car to car. Our UX has MUCH better ventilation and A/C than our other Lexus models had. The ES had just as good ventilated seats but the A/C was not as icy cold as the UX which surprised us. I am used to the loud ventilation found in Lexus models, so that's fine. I do lean towards caramel interior....
Old 05-18-22, 07:17 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by uxrx

1 - Coupe owners: Do you feel like it's missing something being that the sunroof does not open? I always open my sunroof in cars so I'm worried I'll miss that. I don't think I want a full convertible though.

2 - Interior colors: How do you pick an interior color when you like both black and caramel? I could see myself being happy with either one and I'm torn 50/50.

4 - Sport seats: How much comfier are the non-sport seats compared to the sport seats? Did anyone cross compare the two?
2 - I loved the caramel, but chose black since there were so many distracting reflections with the lighter color.
4 - Tried both seats, and both are just fine. The non-sport have been the best car seats I've ever had the pleasure.
uxrx (05-18-22)
Old 05-18-22, 07:20 AM
Shermang
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

1. Nah, I have a car with a sunroof already, I kind of like how it keeps the cabin cooler imo because the sun isn't being let in through the sunroof if opened, that's just me though and strictly a matter of preference. Plus the CF roof just looks cool.
2. To me black and caramel were way too plain because there was no variance, so I opted to go with the red interior, however, if I had to choose between the two I'd go with the caramel.
3. They work very well actually, I used to have a GS and I feel these seats are more efficient at blowing air through the perforations.
4. They are very comfortable to me, I can drive hours and still feel comfortable, I haven't driven any trim other than the sports package so I can't compare sorry.
uxrx (05-18-22)