Battery

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-21, 01:10 PM
JSM701
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by sapstar66
Sorry to get this back up....

.... but I want to know what's better... connecting the maintainer to the front hood connectors, or directly to the battery in the back?

If in the trunk, I don't want to fully close it and kink the rubber while it sits in the garage for 4 months, but even if the manual says the trunk light is supposed to shut off after 20 minutes, it doesn't for some reason... don't want that light to be on for 4 months...

Your inputs appreciated!
I connected my maintainer to the battery in trunk. I then took a screwdriver & manually pushed the trunk latch closed (with the trunk lid open) which will turn the trunk light off. You can then run cable out of trunk w/o kinking rubber gasket. When ready to roll just push trunk button to disengage latch.
Old 11-25-21, 04:13 PM
sapstar66
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFJM
I connected my maintainer to the battery in trunk. I then took a screwdriver & manually pushed the trunk latch closed (with the trunk lid open) which will turn the trunk light off. You can then run cable out of trunk w/o kinking rubber gasket. When ready to roll just push trunk button to disengage latch.
That's a fantastic idea! Thank you!

Positive to positive and negative to where? Negative too or some other place in the trunk?

Old 11-26-21, 05:46 AM
JSM701
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by sapstar66
That's a fantastic idea! Thank you!

Positive to positive and negative to where? Negative too or some other place in the trunk?
Hardwired directly to battery with ring terminals on battery tender.The battery has studs, use a 12MM socket to take nuts off.
Old 11-26-21, 06:33 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

I connect mine through the trunk and don't disconnect the battery. Because the wire is so thin, and the trunk gasket so soft, I have no trouble closing the trunk.
Old 11-27-21, 08:15 PM
Petlizard
Rookie

Received 64 Likes on 18 Posts

Could someone put up instructions on how to access the trunk's battery to hook up the charger?
Old 11-28-21, 05:23 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Petlizard
Could someone put up instructions on how to access the trunk's battery to hook up the charger?
You have to move the netting and rug over to the left side and out of the way. Underneath and towards the rear, there is a floor panel that easily lifts up and out and exposes the battery. As I recall you have to depress a clip on the red/positive cover to flip it out of the way and expose that terminal on the right side of the battery.
The following users liked this post:
Petlizard (11-30-21)
Old 11-28-21, 04:26 PM
jbuffett
Intermediate

Received 190 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Petlizard
It's under the floor panels in the rear, just in front of the jack / spare tire tools.

The following users liked this post:
Petlizard (11-30-21)
Old 11-29-21, 12:10 PM
fodalo
Instructor

Received 333 Likes on 249 Posts

RCFGranpa has it. The only smart tender u will ever need. Hook up the qwik connects and disconnects, leave them on when out of storage as well and let it do its thing, that simple.
Works great. Magoo about to go on the lift, battery tender and covers for a good winters nap.
Old 11-30-21, 06:00 AM
Petlizard
Rookie

Received 64 Likes on 18 Posts

Thank you, all!
Old 12-04-21, 05:29 PM
Veight
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by C00p5LC500
Can I hook up a battery tender to my 2018 Lexus LC 500? Do I have to disconnect the battery? Is there under hood access or do I have to go through the trunk?

Moving to the right Forum .... Salim

I have a cable hooked directly to the battery posts in the rear hatch, and it has a disconnect plug on the other end. When my LC is in the garage I plug the two ends together and leave the rear hatch ajar so I don’t creat a crease in the weatherstripping. My battery tender has a Wi-Fi hookup so I can see the voltage of my battery on my iPhone. My battery is always fully charged now and I don’t have to go thru the engine bay. I use a 4 amp battery tender as it does a better job of maintaining the huge LC battery The 4 amp version will bring a discharged battery up to proper voltage and then switches to maintain mode. The 1.25 amp battery tenders will maintain the battery but not charge a weak battery. . Deltron also sells an in-line Wi-Fi adaptor to allow remote viewing of the battery voltage.

4 amp Battery Tender

In line Wi-Fi adaptor

Last edited by Veight; 12-04-21 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-05-21, 06:22 PM
ATLHeel350
Pit Crew

Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Veight
I have a cable hooked directly to the battery posts in the rear hatch, and it has a disconnect plug on the other end. When my LC is in the garage I plug the two ends together and leave the rear hatch ajar so I don’t creat a crease in the weatherstripping. My battery tender has a Wi-Fi hookup so I can see the voltage of my battery on my iPhone. My battery is always fully charged now and I don’t have to go thru the engine bay. I use a 4 amp battery tender as it does a better job of maintaining the huge LC battery The 4 amp version will bring a discharged battery up to proper voltage and then switches to maintain mode. The 1.25 amp battery tenders will maintain the battery but not charge a weak battery. . Deltron also sells an in-line Wi-Fi adaptor to allow remote viewing of the battery voltage.

4 amp Battery Tender

In line Wi-Fi adaptor
I got the same one from my Lexus dealer. Have not hooked it up to the posts yet. Will have it done during a future service. I plan to drive my car all year round (live in Atlanta) but there could be times when I don’t drive it for several weeks so this will be useful.
Old 07-02-22, 07:04 PM
ttantioch
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default LC battery issue

Is it true that LC500 is using a unique battery?

Strange thing is that my 2018 lc has a dead battery that won't start again even after a 30-mile highway drive, but will ignite after a jumpstart. I visit an auto shop that says they don't service LC battery because the battery system is new.

Autozone states it uses regular Duracell batteries that cost around 200$, but also crazy price on that OEM website
https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/oem-le...batteries.html

Old 07-02-22, 07:13 PM
NiceCars
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

Could be lithium hence the $$$
Old 07-02-22, 08:38 PM
Badhobz
Instructor

Received 626 Likes on 332 Posts

Woah... Wtf. I thought its just a normal car battery
Old 07-02-22, 08:57 PM
NiceCars
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

Most lux vehicles these days have two batteries, a smaller sized lithium ion and a traditional type agm or lead acid (one in engine comp and the other in trunk).

Last edited by NiceCars; 07-02-22 at 09:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Battery