LC Model (2018-present)

Rocking / moving driver’s seat.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-22, 03:27 PM
FlyTvr
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Brinylon
Yes, the "garage" in this instance is a dealer and from what I can make out not Lexus. A goodly number of these cars have dropped out of the Lexus network and are now being sold/bought from independent "garages". A garage or official dealer is duty bound to offer as a minimum a 3 months warranty and I would guess on a car of this calibre/value then probably a much longer obligation or indeed a third party warranty.
Got to say if the garage is prepared to suck up a £2k bill then they sound honourable, but in fairness the consumer law would probably have protected FlyTvr and in effect forced them to fix the problem. If all else failed, then the Lexus Relax warranty would likely have saved the day. You can still find buying a used car a potential headache when something goes wrong, but the situation is much better than it used to be. In fairness, those businesses that sell cars have cleaned up their acts big time, and largely because of the consumer laws we now have.
Just to add, we also put our cars into our personal garages so I guess the word is multi purpose.
Anyway, all's well that ends well, but I don't know about you, but I would have though a seat failure is something of a rarity.
All fair points. Yes, the car came with a warranty from the dealer, PLUS they got it serviced by Lexus a few days before I bought it. I won't name the dealer, but they've been as good as gold. They are high end - the only other Lexus they have sold was an LFA.

As for the Lexus warranty - I don't think it would cover a seat issue. They say lightning doesn't strike twice, but I had a similar issue on an ISF, and Lexus didn't want to know.

As for rarity, I've posted this issue on an LC-500 Facebook group and at least two owners have experienced the same issue. I hope it doesn't happen to anyone on here.
Old 08-04-22, 12:57 AM
Brinylon
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyTvr
All fair points. Yes, the car came with a warranty from the dealer, PLUS they got it serviced by Lexus a few days before I bought it. I won't name the dealer, but they've been as good as gold. They are high end - the only other Lexus they have sold was an LFA.

As for the Lexus warranty - I don't think it would cover a seat issue. They say lightning doesn't strike twice, but I had a similar issue on an ISF, and Lexus didn't want to know.

As for rarity, I've posted this issue on an LC-500 Facebook group and at least two owners have experienced the same issue. I hope it doesn't happen to anyone on here.
Seems you were/are more than vindicated for buying from a class dealer with a reputation to uphold. I've since looked at numerous reports where "Toyota" seats have been problematic, but who'd have thought it. In all my car ownership years, I've not once nor expected to have a seat fail on me!
Glad you got it sorted out and hopefully it will be rectified soonest.
Old 08-04-22, 02:09 AM
FlyTvr
Driver

Seems you were/are more than vindicated for buying from a class dealer with a reputation to uphold. I've since looked at numerous reports where "Toyota" seats have been problematic, but who'd have thought it. In all my car ownership years, I've not once nor expected to have a seat fail on me!
Glad you got it sorted out and hopefully it will be rectified soonest.
Ah, thanks

I've driven 6 different LCs over the years. Mine and the one I test drove before it (a silver one) both had seat issues. Funnily, I didn't notice the issue with mine on the test drive - too busy chatting to the sales guy. The silver one definitely had a tell tale click from the seat when pulling off
The following users liked this post:
Brinylon (08-05-22)
Old 08-05-22, 05:15 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,568 Posts

that's crazy about all the seat issues. glad you got it taken care of! and hope it doesn't happen to other LC owners!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by bitkahuna:
Brinylon (08-05-22), FlyTvr (08-05-22)
Old 08-05-22, 05:20 AM
Badhobz
Instructor

Received 626 Likes on 332 Posts

I have this click problem on my RX. It’s past warranty now but I find that aggressively lubricating the seat bolts and other seat related hardware stops the click. Only happens during the warmer months for some reason.
FlyTvr (08-05-22)
Old 09-21-22, 05:29 AM
FlyTvr
Driver

Seat finally arrived from Japan and was fitted this morning. Makes a big difference not sitting in a rocking chair!

Hope nobody else suffers the same issue!
The following 2 users liked this post by FlyTvr:
bitkahuna (09-21-22), Brinylon (09-22-22)
Old 10-18-22, 02:42 PM
FlyTvr
Driver

Was in a Lexus showroom today. I sat in a spanking new LC500 (hybrid). Guess what..... I could feel movement in the seat, not as bad as mine was, but interestingly my replacement seat has no movement.
Old 10-18-22, 11:06 PM
Brinylon
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

Was in a Lexus showroom today. I sat in a spanking new LC500 (hybrid). Guess what..... I could feel movement in the seat, not as bad as mine was, but interestingly my replacement seat has no movement.
So is it the entire seat that rocks or the base or back?
Old 10-18-22, 11:26 PM
FlyTvr
Driver

So is it the entire seat that rocks or the base or back?
Good question. Apparently the problem
is with the base, but from a feeling perspective, it feels like the whole seat.

In my case, a new base was ordered from Japan and fitted. Problem sorted.
Old 02-21-24, 12:25 PM
ekanson
9th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Resurrecting this thread... Anyone else has this issue and fixed without replacing tracks/base?
Old 02-21-24, 04:18 PM
FlyTvr
Driver

Originally Posted by ekanson
Resurrecting this thread... Anyone else has this issue and fixed without replacing tracks/base?
Can't say I know of anyone fixing the issue without replacing the seat base.

What I will say is that the replacement seat I had....... well...... a year later, it too has failed and is rocking. This time Lexus have agreed to replace it. Lexus are aware that there is a design issue. Apparently there are two versions of the seat base. Don't get your hopes up.. I already have the latest version fitted to my car and it has failed
Old 02-21-24, 05:46 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
FlyTvr - how much do you weigh?
You forgot to ask 3 more questions. Ha ha: How much does previous owner (or owners) weighed, how many years old is the car, and how many miles it has. But even if the answer to all 3 is 'a lot', it still shouldn't happen on an LC. But yes, very heavy drivers can obviously cause a lot more wear and tear than a normal person.
Old 02-23-24, 07:20 AM
Badhobz
Instructor

Received 626 Likes on 332 Posts

i wonder if this is only an issue on the touring seats. I dont think anyone here with the sports seats had this issue so far
Old 02-23-24, 07:39 AM
FlyTvr
Driver

Originally Posted by Badhobz
i wonder if this is only an issue on the touring seats. I dont think anyone here with the sports seats had this issue so far
Don’t know what you mean by touring / sports. I thought the only difference was leather / alcantara.

For clarity, my seats are alcantara (and in the UK are fitted to the Sport+ model - which has RWS, carbon roof etc)
Old 02-23-24, 07:46 AM
ragabnh
Intermediate

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Don’t know what you mean by touring / sports. I thought the only difference was leather / alcantara.

For clarity, my seats are alcantara (and in the UK are fitted to the Sport+ model - which has RWS, carbon roof etc)
Ok, you guys have the sports seats and your car is Dynamic Handling Package option in the US,

Touring package does not have the options you stated and have different type of seats, basically leather with less aggressive bolsters, should be more comfortable for normal driving.
FlyTvr (02-23-24)

Quick Reply: Rocking / moving driver’s seat.