LC Model (2018-present)

Where are the speaker upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-22 | 09:10 AM
Vertdafert
Pit Crew

Default Where are the speaker upgrades?

I have done some research and I see there aren't really any good options yet for speaker upgrades on this car. I am surprised given its a 4 year old car that the aftermarket hasn't stepped in.

I have the Mark Levinson upgrade but even so, the speakers at least, are garbage.

Has anyone gotten any word of any speaker manufacturers that have plans to introduce any upgrade packages?

Thanks
Old 08-21-22 | 09:21 AM
355F1
Racer

Focal does a lot of good high-end stuff with many sizes of speakers—some of which can be purchased individually for center channels, etc.

might try them.
Old 08-21-22 | 09:32 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Focal is one the best but replacing 13 speakers will cost more than the car.
Old 08-21-22 | 10:53 AM
355F1
Racer

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Focal is one the best but replacing 13 speakers will cost more than the car.
I had Focal separates in my Ferrari.

And I have multiple Focal speakers in every room, bathroom, and home theater and ceiling.

I love their stuff, for sure!

The following 3 users liked this post by 355F1:
Kira X (08-31-22), LeX2K (08-21-22), LEXU5 (09-02-22)
Old 08-21-22 | 12:12 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

I've never auditioned their home gear that's on my bucket list.
The following users liked this post:
355F1 (08-21-22)
Old 08-21-22 | 03:56 PM
Badhobz
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vertdafert
I have done some research and I see there aren't really any good options yet for speaker upgrades on this car. I am surprised given its a 4 year old car that the aftermarket hasn't stepped in.

I have the Mark Levinson upgrade but even so, the speakers at least, are garbage.

Has anyone gotten any word of any speaker manufacturers that have plans to introduce any upgrade packages?

Thanks
really? I thought they sound pretty good. Then again with the top down and that v8 I haven't really listened to the system

thanks for introducing me to Focal. Im not really much of an audiophile (i think airpod pro's sound pretty good hahah) so ill be curious to see what 13 grand worth of speakers can sound like (not playing spotify )
Old 08-21-22 | 04:59 PM
Vertdafert
Pit Crew

leveling out the base, mid, treb and turning off surround has improved the sound quite a bit. Im with you all on the engine sound but of course, I am judging the car in its totality, not just the engine, otherwise, there would be no point in Lexus offering a stereo upgrade.

Of course, no stock stereo will please everyone and many cars Ive owned in the past, the stock was adequate. However, the expectations here are considerably higher, as is the price tag.
I think what makes it easier to whine and complain is that there is no real after market speaker savior at the moment to displace the complaining. I think were there 3-5 other speaker options like JL Audio, Infinity, whatever, along with some amps and sound processors that hook up neatly to the OEM infotainment system, many of us would have way less to complain about... audio system wise.

But... at the end of the day.. it is what it is.. and I have way many other problems to deal with and carry with me during my day that worrying about a sound system in an expensive car that many people can only wish they could afford.. so .. first world selfish problems I guess.
babouts (08-22-22)
Old 08-21-22 | 11:20 PM
danibear
Pit Crew

leveling out the base, mid, treb and turning off surround has improved the sound quite a bit. Im with you all on the engine sound but of course, I am judging the car in its totality, not just the engine, otherwise, there would be no point in Lexus offering a stereo upgrade.

Of course, no stock stereo will please everyone and many cars Ive owned in the past, the stock was adequate. However, the expectations here are considerably higher, as is the price tag.
I think what makes it easier to whine and complain is that there is no real after market speaker savior at the moment to displace the complaining. I think were there 3-5 other speaker options like JL Audio, Infinity, whatever, along with some amps and sound processors that hook up neatly to the OEM infotainment system, many of us would have way less to complain about... audio system wise.

But... at the end of the day.. it is what it is.. and I have way many other problems to deal with and carry with me during my day that worrying about a sound system in an expensive car that many people can only wish they could afford.. so .. first world selfish problems I guess.
Not selfish problem at all, there are human weakness anyway. When you have nice things, you would want more.

Last edited by danibear; 08-21-22 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-22-22 | 03:51 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

I think were there 3-5 other speaker options like JL Audio, Infinity, whatever, along with some amps and sound processors that hook up neatly to the OEM infotainment system, many of us would have way less to complain about... audio system wise.
the volume of LCs sold is low (10K all time) so speaker companies aren't likely to invest r&d on that... but i would think a good audio shop can fit and adapt a lot of quality speakers and amps?

good perspective... we're all very lucky. like you, i don't consider the ML system stellar... it's funny, it really seems to vary with material, sometimes i'm impressed, other times, not so much.
babouts (08-22-22)
Old 08-22-22 | 05:52 AM
MLMLC52K18
Advanced

leveling out the base, mid, treb and turning off surround has improved the sound quite a bit.
There’s a lot of good information on the forum already that may assist you in your quest for a perfected sound system in the LC. I would recommend your reviewing. I am sure you may find this info helpful.

Old 08-24-22 | 02:01 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

I've completely revamped the entire sound system.

I have JL Audio TWik 88 processor, JL Audio FiX 82 DSP, JL Audio HD900/5 amplifier, Focal PS 165 v1 front components, Focal PC 100 4" coax rear side panels, Focal TWU1.5 tweeters ( rear dash ), and two JL Audio 10W3's with custom fiberglass enclosures. We removed factory sub, to allow venting into vehicle from trunk, and also lined the doors with SoundSkins sound deadening material. I am in love with the sound now, but absolutely hated it before.
The following 3 users liked this post by NAZTY97:
355F1 (08-24-22), Kira X (08-31-22), L's TLS (05-27-23)
Old 08-24-22 | 02:05 PM
355F1
Racer

Originally Posted by NAZTY97
I've completely revamped the entire sound system.

I have JL Audio TWik 88 processor, JL Audio FiX 82 DSP, JL Audio HD900/5 amplifier, Focal PS 165 v1 front components, Focal PC 100 4" coax rear side panels, Focal TWU1.5 tweeters ( rear dash ), and two JL Audio 10W3's with custom fiberglass enclosures. We removed factory sub, to allow venting into vehicle from trunk, and also lined the doors with SoundSkins sound deadening material. I am in love with the sound now, but absolutely hated it before.
Pics or it didn’t happen!
Old 08-24-22 | 02:25 PM
MLMLC52K18
Advanced

Originally Posted by 355F1
Pics or it didn’t happen!
You are not keeping up....Pics were posted long ago!
Old 08-24-22 | 02:30 PM
355F1
Racer

Originally Posted by MLMLC52K18
You are not keeping up....Pics were posted long ago!
I suck.

I should probably be kicked out of here.
Old 08-24-22 | 02:49 PM
MLMLC52K18
Advanced

It's ok that you are getting old.... I only remember because it was the most extensive overhaul of the ML system that I've seen posted on this forum.

Last edited by MLMLC52K18; 08-24-22 at 02:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Where are the speaker upgrades?