LC Model (2018-present)

can you order an LC500

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-22, 01:50 AM
derpderp10
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default can you order an LC500

For the past like 5 months ive been looking to get an LC but the ones i find have 70k+ market adjustments (no joke. ill post a pic of it if someone wants!)

I finally found a dealer I like working with but their current inventory has LC's that are not spec very well. So naturally I ask about ordering one from factory. They tell me over and over that lexus isnt accepting custom orders atleast for the LC500. So I guess my question is has anyone here been able to order a custom LC from lexus in the past 2 months? If so how did the process work.

Also does anyone know if the "bespoke builds" get treated any different when trying to place an order compared to a non bespoke LC? Im considering ordering one if that is my ticket to getting my custom order.
Im trying to figure out if they are lying to me to get me to pick up one of the LC's they currently have in their showroom or if its genuinely true Lexus isnt accepting custom orders for the LC500 right now. I know that they were accepting very early this year.

Thanks!
Old 09-16-22, 05:07 PM
TripFarmer
Driver

Received 69 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by derpderp10
For the past like 5 months ive been looking to get an LC but the ones i find have 70k+ market adjustments (no joke. ill post a pic of it if someone wants!)

I finally found a dealer I like working with but their current inventory has LC's that are not spec very well. So naturally I ask about ordering one from factory. They tell me over and over that lexus isnt accepting custom orders atleast for the LC500. So I guess my question is has anyone here been able to order a custom LC from lexus in the past 2 months? If so how did the process work.

Also does anyone know if the "bespoke builds" get treated any different when trying to place an order compared to a non bespoke LC? Im considering ordering one if that is my ticket to getting my custom order.
Im trying to figure out if they are lying to me to get me to pick up one of the LC's they currently have in their showroom or if its genuinely true Lexus isnt accepting custom orders for the LC500 right now. I know that they were accepting very early this year.

Thanks!
I called and spoke to 3 dealers 4 months ago before selecting one in Michigan. They all were at MSRP. Not a penny more. No add ons. In fact, the car I purchased (2022) had the 3M halfway up the hood. He removed it professionally and reduced the car price by the cost of if you added it as an option. Several hundred if I remember right.
Old 09-16-22, 08:42 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,458 Likes on 1,612 Posts

Thanks!
so what are you looking for exactly? (trim/specs/colors)
Old 09-17-22, 08:18 AM
MB99
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey there.

I have a couple of "orders" in. By that I mean that the next allocation they get, they will reserve it for me and try their best to spec it in my way. Both dealers required a small refundable deposit. Its been 8 months since waiting for an allocation from one dealer and 4 months from the other, but no good news as of yet. A couple of dealers did tell me that they are taking orders for bespoke builds, but I am not interested in it since they do not give the option to get the performance package. Consider getting an inspiration (there are a couple listed) or other alternatives in worst case scenarios.

MB
The following users liked this post:
355F1 (09-17-22)
Old 09-17-22, 10:25 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

I'm wondering if it might make sense to go through a car broker. They will hustle and find a dealer and car for you as they'll have contacts at several dealers and they won't be lied to. As I understand it, you'd just pay the car broker a fee of $500-1000 or something.
Old 09-18-22, 07:25 AM
pkim1078
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Ordered my custom LC500 in January of 2022 and will finally be arriving in by the end of the month. Just takes time.
355F1 (09-18-22)
Old 09-21-22, 02:19 AM
derpderp10
7th Gear

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
so what are you looking for exactly? (trim/specs/colors)
I was looking for a nori green, tan, and a torsin diff in a coupe. That's it. maybe a HUD.

Last edited by derpderp10; 09-21-22 at 02:31 AM.
Old 09-21-22, 02:28 AM
derpderp10
7th Gear

Originally Posted by MB99
Hey there.

I have a couple of "orders" in. By that I mean that the next allocation they get, they will reserve it for me and try their best to spec it in my way. Both dealers required a small refundable deposit. Its been 8 months since waiting for an allocation from one dealer and 4 months from the other, but no good news as of yet. A couple of dealers did tell me that they are taking orders for bespoke builds, but I am not interested in it since they do not give the option to get the performance package. Consider getting an inspiration (there are a couple listed) or other alternatives in worst case scenarios.

MB
Sorry for the late update, got busy for a bit. The good new is I pushed hard that I wanted to place an order and they finally told me that lexus is currently accepting orders in VERY small amounts. And from what I was told even if you get an order in there is a chance lexus might ask to change things about your build or say no to the build all together. The sales manager told me that since my build is relatively simple there is a good chance I can get mine through (no promises.)
He also told me that I would wait MINIMUM 6 months and up to an year to even see my car which I am currently okay with.

So anyways I placed my deposit and now I have to apparently wait 1-3 months to see if lexus decides to take my order, but once they do it should be smooth sailing from there on out.

Im also not 100% sure if the dealer isnt bull****ting me about this order, I need to see emails between them and lexus and my VIN to be certain. Im very skeptical about car dealers and I always take my time an precautions to make sure I'm getting what I want. As the deal proceeds Ill keep anyone whos interested about the current state of custom orders from lexus updated. But as of right now im both keeping my fingers crossed!

Badhobz (09-21-22)
Old 09-21-22, 10:49 PM
Kelvin2020
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 15 Posts

Did you ordered 23 MY?
Old 09-22-22, 12:05 AM
derpderp10
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Kelvin2020
Did you ordered 23 MY?
If i do get the allocation then yes, it will be for the 2023 model year
Old 09-22-22, 06:18 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

Sorry for the late update, got busy for a bit. The good new is I pushed hard that I wanted to place an order and they finally told me that lexus is currently accepting orders in VERY small amounts. And from what I was told even if you get an order in there is a chance lexus might ask to change things about your build or say no to the build all together. The sales manager told me that since my build is relatively simple there is a good chance I can get mine through (no promises.)
He also told me that I would wait MINIMUM 6 months and up to an year to even see my car which I am currently okay with.

So anyways I placed my deposit and now I have to apparently wait 1-3 months to see if lexus decides to take my order, but once they do it should be smooth sailing from there on out.

Im also not 100% sure if the dealer isnt bull****ting me about this order, I need to see emails between them and lexus and my VIN to be certain. Im very skeptical about car dealers and I always take my time an precautions to make sure I'm getting what I want. As the deal proceeds Ill keep anyone whos interested about the current state of custom orders from lexus updated. But as of right now im both keeping my fingers crossed!
Good luck. I think (and hope) the dealer is just trying to manage your expectations.
Old 09-22-22, 08:48 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Lexus has by far the worst custom ordering process of any car company especially for specialized Luxury cars like the LC.

When you are paying $100k + for a car, you want things your way especially when all the competitors provide this.
355F1 (09-22-22)
Old 09-22-22, 08:52 AM
Badhobz
Instructor

Received 628 Likes on 334 Posts

^yes totally true. This bespoke edition is quite BS compared to something like Porsche configurator. I wanted painted calipers, a different color top, more interior choices and basically none of that was available. Bespoke was basically the same as normal just wtih 1 - 2 additional color options for the interior.

Old 09-22-22, 11:58 AM
355F1
Racer

Received 632 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Lexus has by far the worst custom ordering process of any car company especially for specialized Luxury cars like the LC.

When you are paying $100k + for a car, you want things your way especially when all the competitors provide this.
We all know this.
Old 09-22-22, 01:19 PM
derpderp10
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Badhobz
^yes totally true. This bespoke edition is quite BS compared to something like Porsche configurator. I wanted painted calipers, a different color top, more interior choices and basically none of that was available. Bespoke was basically the same as normal just wtih 1 - 2 additional color options for the interior.
yes but with the bespoke you get fancy wing option 😆

Quick Reply: can you order an LC500