Badhobz
Instructor

Received 628 Likes on 334 Posts

This is the end!!!!

Old 10-06-22, 12:33 PM
CJinTx
Driver

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

If you were in my shoes - at the beginning of the journey to try to land an LC (2022/2023 new or 2021/2022 used with very low miles) -- and, with the potential for Lexus to sunset this incredible car after 2023 -- would that give you pause or even heighten your desire to buy?

I've literally ONLY seen a coupe (Cadmium) on display & up close once, locked. And a white / toasted caramel vert rolling by in Carmel, CA. Nothing out there in their price range comes CLOSE IMO. I'm trying to locate any LCs remotely close to where I live (Austin, Tx) -- even if it's not want I want - just to see, sit, test, etc. It's tough, too, because I love verts, I have a nice one now ('21 C300), but something tells me I should go with that amazing coupe profile. There's a dealer that has an unallocated white/caramel vert coming in 1.5 months that I could be first in line for; but MAN do I want to see both LCs before I commit!

OK -- Enough of my personal frustration - my first question still stands! PS - Love the site and the wide range of topics and thoughts, folks!
Old 10-06-22, 07:21 PM
LEXU5
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MLMLC52K18
Imagine that, can’t believe they’ve run out of marketing ideas already. If there is no IS, the LC is definitely on life support.....
maybe, maybe not. like bit mentioned earlier, IS announcements arent always alongisde new MY press releases. the IS could still be incoming. a couple times I think they announced the IS version in Jan of that MY as opposed to the previous fall.

Originally Posted by 355F1
I cannot believe they are still trying to sell the 500h!!!
they really not tho. my regional dealers tell me they havent seen a 500h inventory allocation in a couple years (pre-pandemic) now. and they dont see it changing anytime soon. they arent doing standard custom orders for it, and I'd be highly surprised if there are any bespoke orders for the 500h.

Originally Posted by Badhobz
i think that 500h might be a very weird future collectable... the production numbers must be in the low double digits globally since launch.
I really dont think so. for all intents & purposes, this cars hybrid isnt really a collectible. it maybe rare, but mostly because even Lexus knows there isnt much interest in the 500h, atleast state-side. I think Lexus just offers the 500h for those who may truly want to daily drive or long commute this car like the LS500h etc. or atleast that may have been the line of thought when they launched the car. but even looking at the used car market, you'll be hard pressed to find any 2020+ 500h, even 2019 is more or less non-existent. infact the only 500h's I've come across are 2018s.

and if gas prices skyrocket, I dont think people are gonna be like 'hmm lemme drive the muted/weak/boring 500h around.' think about it, why? its not fun at all. yes it has the looks, but when you're inside the car you only care about the driving experience, atleast at this pricepoint. I know I'm doing a u-turn on the 500h (thanks to some of the forum members who educated me on it) but if gas is a concern, as much as I hate EVs, I'd rather jump into a tesla. while reserving the LC for weekend or joy rides.

Last edited by LEXU5; 10-06-22 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-06-22, 08:30 PM
GRWlex
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would love to buy an LC 500, but I'm probably not in a position to buy an LC until Mid 2024. What's the chances the LC lives for 7th model year in 2024? Anyone out there hear of a redesign with the V8? Everything I read is that It'll probably be some sort of EV and to me that seems to zap the spirit of the LC.
Old 10-11-22, 08:07 AM
928GTS
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Badhobz
i think that 500h might be a very weird future collectable... the production numbers must be in the low double digits globally since launch.
In US yes but in Japan at used car market it seems 50/50 on coupes. In some other countries its 100% 500h except possibly very few convertibles. Germany is most balanced market of all large volume places outside Japan. They have all three variants in almost equal numbers.

I think coupe will be killed outside of Japan at end of 2023 model year meaning summer 2023 and convertible one year later at summer 2024. In Japanese market they will continue both body styles for year or two longer but sales will be miniscule and only in RHD. For each market there will be small batches of final edition models with special color combinations and some TRD or Modellista stuff thrown-in to clear warehouse space. And that's best-case scenario.
Old 10-11-22, 02:58 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,362 Posts

^^^^There is no 500h convertible. The 500h battery is located between the rear seatback and the trunk (boot?) where the convertible top mechanism is located.
Old 10-11-22, 06:57 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,461 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by 928GTS
In US yes but in Japan at used car market it seems 50/50 on coupes. In some other countries its 100% 500h except possibly very few convertibles. Germany is most balanced market of all large volume places outside Japan. They have all three variants in almost equal numbers.
Originally Posted by sickpuppy
^^^^There is no 500h convertible. The 500h battery is located between the rear seatback and the trunk (boot?) where the convertible top mechanism is located.
sick, 928GTS did not write that there's a 500h convertible. the post says in japan it's 50/50 v8/hybrid on coupes and in other places all hybrid except for a few convertibles (which by implication are v8s). the last sentence says there's 3 variants, coupe v8, coupe hybrid, and convertible v8.
The following users liked this post:
355F1 (10-11-22)