LC Model (2018-present)

Building a Bespoke 2023 L500

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-22, 07:52 AM
AirForce8
Pit Crew

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Building a Bespoke 2023 L500

Hi guys, I apologize if this is repetitive. I currently own a fully equipped 2021 LC500 and I'm wanting to build and order a new one. It was kinda confusing for my dealer and I.

I chose every option I could.. Carbon fiber roof, HUD, deploying rear wing, dark smoked chrome, 21in wheels, Orange and black alcantara interior including seats with satin metallic trim, Infrared exterior.

The issue I'm having is we never saw the option for rear wheel steer or carbon fiber scuff plates. I want this thing to fully loaded and we've submitted the order request and I'm concerned I'm not getting the rear wheel steer or scuff plates. Do any of you guys know what I need to do to make sure I get those options or if it's even possible on a Bespoke build?

I appreciate any insight you guys can provide! I'm kinda freaking out because I don't want it if it's not fully equipped so I'll need to stop this order and somehow build one with everything. Or find one already built to this spec.

Last edited by AirForce8; 12-18-22 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-17-22, 08:24 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you do the BB option it looks like it will not allow you to do the PQ. I just tried in Configurator on dealer daily as well.
The following users liked this post:
AirForce8 (12-18-22)
Old 12-17-22, 08:30 AM
AirForce8
Pit Crew

Thank you for your response! Is it possible to build an LC 500 that is not Bespoke? My dealer is very responsive and wants to help me but he's completely lost regarding custom orders as they never get that request, they just sell what they have.

I just want an Infrared with orange and black interior, alcantara all around including seats with HUD, deploying rear wing, carbon fiber roof, dark chrome exterior, rear wheel drive with torsen limited slip and carbon fiber scuff plates,mark Levinson, 21in wheels.

If I'm forgetting anything to make this fully equipped please anyone feel free to chime in!

Last edited by AirForce8; 12-18-22 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-17-22, 11:33 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

the orange (manhattan-etc) is only on bespoke i think, and for whatever reason, you can't get all the dynamic handling package on the bespoke. the two biggies are not getting rws and vgrs. still an amazing car without them but i'm glad i have them and you do too right now. maybe you won't notice any difference.
AirForce8 (12-18-22)
Old 12-17-22, 01:18 PM
AirForce8
Pit Crew

Correct, no orange and black interior on a non bespoke build. One of our fellow users here really helped me out and explained it all and checked for me. This may sound nuts but I'm going ahead with the bespoke build and I'm going to keep my current LC500 and use it as my daily LC. The Bespoke build will be my piece of art for use only on the most beautiful days or on dates, etc..
Old 12-17-22, 07:16 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by AirForce8
This may sound nuts but I'm going ahead with the bespoke build and I'm going to keep my current LC500 and use it as my daily LC. The Bespoke build will be my piece of art for use only on the most beautiful days or on dates, etc..
not nuts, but certainly, uh, decadent.

go you.
AirForce8 (12-18-22)
Old 12-17-22, 08:52 PM
LEXU5
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Correct, no orange and black interior on a non bespoke build. One of our fellow users here really helped me out and explained it all and checked for me. This may sound nuts but I'm going ahead with the bespoke build and I'm going to keep my current LC500 and use it as my daily LC. The Bespoke build will be my piece of art for use only on the most beautiful days or on dates, etc..
lmao, thats how we do it in TX!
AirForce8 (12-18-22)
Old 12-18-22, 10:57 AM
355F1
Racer

Received 634 Likes on 407 Posts

The Bespoke build will be my piece of art for use only on the most beautiful days or on dates, etc..
Originally Posted by bitkahuna
not nuts, but certainly, uh, decadent.

go you.
LoL….my brother used to have 2 MBZ SL 500s in his garage…..
AirForce8 (12-18-22)
Old 12-18-22, 12:21 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

This may sound nuts but I'm going ahead with the bespoke build and I'm going to keep my current LC500 and use it as my daily LC. The Bespoke build will be my piece of art for use only on the most beautiful days or on dates, etc..
Nuts? I have ordered my LC coupe but not getting it until late spring/early summer next year I was told, but I am already considering getting a LC convertible as well, probably a later model year or the final year (I was told by my SA that there will be a 2024 model year from what was communicated from Lexus Canada )
AirForce8 (12-18-22)
Old 12-18-22, 01:12 PM
MLMLC52K18
Advanced

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by 355F1
LoL….my brother used to have 2 MBZ SL 500s in his garage…..
WoW.....Two cars at the same Time.....That's really impressive.....
AirForce8 (12-18-22)
Old 12-18-22, 06:32 PM
AirForce8
Pit Crew

Well, let's see what I do if Lexus actually accepts the order. It's easy to talk tough right now. 😂
Old 12-21-22, 09:53 PM
CrimsonF
Pit Crew

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Unfortunately the Bestspoke is not as Bestspoke as Lexus wants us to think

Recently went through the same dilemma, heavily considered an LC but wanted the Moonroof with rear wheel steering plus a couple other goodies, etc but I looked into it online and dealer asked Lexus for me..

Turns out you can't add the performance package with rear wheel steering to any "Bestpokes" so at that point if you gonna get the carbon roof, might as well get the regular performance package LC.

I think the rear wheel steering is a must so not getting the bestpoke if I do get an LC at all.
bitkahuna (12-23-22)
Old 03-02-23, 08:54 AM
mrsardar
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, let's see what I do if Lexus actually accepts the order. It's easy to talk tough right now. 😂
did Lexus accept your bespoke build order? I am planning on doing the same in next couple of days.
Old 03-02-23, 10:22 PM
AirForce8
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by mrsardar
did Lexus accept your bespoke build order? I am planning on doing the same in next couple of days.
I just talked to the dealership last week and they're trying to get me/them a Bespoke build slot. That's all I know. I'm trying to be patient for two reasons. First, I figure if it happens it was meant to be and if it doesn't, it wasn't meant to be. Two, I can tell they're stressed out with whatever is going on in the car sales industry right now. If I'm you it doesn't hurt to try. Your dealership might already have an allocation they can use. Still doesn't guarantee Lexus will build it but you'd be one step closer than I am.

Lately I've been eyeing 22 NSXs with less than a hundred miles or so. They're asking stupid money though. If one was in my town in a color I like I could see myself making an impulse buy but as it stands, I'd have to travel and then have it shipped here which pretty much prevents me from doing anything dumb.
mrsardar (03-03-23)
Old 11-18-23, 10:09 AM
Fester
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi guys, I apologize if this is repetitive. I currently own a fully equipped 2021 LC500 and I'm wanting to build and order a new one. It was kinda confusing for my dealer and I.

I chose every option I could.. Carbon fiber roof, HUD, deploying rear wing, dark smoked chrome, 21in wheels, Orange and black alcantara interior including seats with satin metallic trim, Infrared exterior.

The issue I'm having is we never saw the option for rear wheel steer or carbon fiber scuff plates. I want this thing to fully loaded and we've submitted the order request and I'm concerned I'm not getting the rear wheel steer or scuff plates. Do any of you guys know what I need to do to make sure I get those options or if it's even possible on a Bespoke build?

I appreciate any insight you guys can provide! I'm kinda freaking out because I don't want it if it's not fully equipped so I'll need to stop this order and somehow build one with everything. Or find one already built to this spec.
For my dynamic package is a must and for some weird reason Lexus doesn’t offer it on Bespoke build. I have the GSM verifying with Lexus Rep.

Quick Reply: Building a Bespoke 2023 L500