LC Model (2018-present)

New Owner and some questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-23, 04:48 AM
BruceinFla
Advanced

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

The Northside (Atlanta) Lexus YouTubes are well done too.
Bruce in Fl GoDawgs!
Old 02-11-23, 05:46 AM
MLMLC52K18
Advanced

Received 309 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by ksegg
Is it normal for LC orders to take over a year?
In this era of post covid and supply shortages, maybe…. But prior, No…I got my custom orders for my LC and LS in bout 90 to 120 days.

Last edited by MLMLC52K18; 02-11-23 at 06:00 AM.
Old 02-12-23, 04:42 PM
silvernite
Driver

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

Thanks all! I finally scroll enough in the gauge cluster to see the display for rear wing. I'll also set up Lexus Concierge once the car is back from the detail shop.
I'll watch the videos for more tips and tricks.

Congrats! I am currently waiting for my Bespoke Build order and the waiting is awful (2022 - current).

Is it normal for LC orders to take over a year?
Originally Posted by MLMLC52K18
In this era of post covid and supply shortages, maybe…. But prior, No…I got my custom orders for my LC and LS in bout 90 to 120 days.
I cannot speak all the orders, but for mine, it was a very unique situation. I really wanted the Flare Yellow with Carmel Toasted interior and Dynamic handling package (DHP). I was told by several dealers that Lexus does not take custom orders for the LC outside of the Bespoke Build. Had I done a Yellow Bespoke Build I would have lost the DHP, but could have gotten my car within 5-6 months according one dealer (U.S. East Coast dealer) I was working with. I was at the mercy of Toyoda/Lexus to build my exact spec. Which was why my wait time was over 1.5 years. There were cars that came close. I was offered a few Flare Yellows, the closest being a 2022 Flare Yellow, Black interior, and DHP. Having owned a car with an all black interior I wanted to avoid it as much as possible. The other yellows built in 2022 were either convertibles or had the glass roof option (so no DHP which meant no carbon fiber roof, rear wheel steering, speed activated spoiler which were all options I needed to have). I did consider grabbing a used 2019 Inspiration Series (https://pressroom.lexus.com/2019-lex...ts-in-chicago/) since those were all Flare Yellows and quite a few were coming off leases ending. I wasn't sure if the 2019 Inspiration Series came with the DHP or how well those white seats will hold up overtime. Maybe one of the 100 Inspiration Series owners can chime in.

If I wanted my backup choice Infrared, Carmel Toasted interior, with DHP, I probably could have scooped up a 2021 model or would have no trouble getting a car by Spring 2022. Also, I was told by one dealer the tick rate for convertibles to coupes is 4:1 so you have much better chance of getting what you want in a convertible. Interesting, none of the dealers I worked with received the Hybrid so those must be a rare gem.
Old 02-13-23, 10:40 AM
ksegg
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by silvernite
Thanks all! I finally scroll enough in the gauge cluster to see the display for rear wing. I'll also set up Lexus Concierge once the car is back from the detail shop.
I'll watch the videos for more tips and tricks.

I cannot speak all the orders, but for mine, it was a very unique situation. I really wanted the Flare Yellow with Carmel Toasted interior and Dynamic handling package (DHP). I was told by several dealers that Lexus does not take custom orders for the LC outside of the Bespoke Build. Had I done a Yellow Bespoke Build I would have lost the DHP, but could have gotten my car within 5-6 months according one dealer (U.S. East Coast dealer) I was working with. I was at the mercy of Toyoda/Lexus to build my exact spec. Which was why my wait time was over 1.5 years. There were cars that came close. I was offered a few Flare Yellows, the closest being a 2022 Flare Yellow, Black interior, and DHP. Having owned a car with an all black interior I wanted to avoid it as much as possible. The other yellows built in 2022 were either convertibles or had the glass roof option (so no DHP which meant no carbon fiber roof, rear wheel steering, speed activated spoiler which were all options I needed to have). I did consider grabbing a used 2019 Inspiration Series (https://pressroom.lexus.com/2019-lex...ts-in-chicago/) since those were all Flare Yellows and quite a few were coming off leases ending. I wasn't sure if the 2019 Inspiration Series came with the DHP or how well those white seats will hold up overtime. Maybe one of the 100 Inspiration Series owners can chime in.

If I wanted my backup choice Infrared, Carmel Toasted interior, with DHP, I probably could have scooped up a 2021 model or would have no trouble getting a car by Spring 2022. Also, I was told by one dealer the tick rate for convertibles to coupes is 4:1 so you have much better chance of getting what you want in a convertible. Interesting, none of the dealers I worked with received the Hybrid so those must be a rare gem.
I ordered Bespoke Build - White, Manhattanhenge Orange Interior, 21" Black Forged, SA Spoiler, Black Chrome Trim, etc and from what I've been reading about Bespoke Build orders - it's going to be a while.

Strange era we live in. In Pre-Covid 2019, it really didn't matter what I ordered from any manufacturer, it was typically 6-8 months from order to delivery.
Old 02-13-23, 04:24 PM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 318 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by silvernite;

I did consider grabbing a used 2019 Inspiration Series ([url
https://pressroom.lexus.com/2019-lexus-lc-500-inspiration-series-debuts-in-chicago/[/url]) since those were all Flare Yellows and quite a few were coming off leases ending. I wasn't sure if the 2019 Inspiration Series came with the DHP or how well those white seats will hold up overtime. Maybe one of the 100 Inspiration Series owners can chime in.
I don't own a 2019 Yellow IS - but I'm almost 100% certain that the 2019 IS didn't come with DHP. In fact, I'm pretty sure none of the IS do....
The following users liked this post:
silvernite (02-14-23)
Old 02-14-23, 04:25 AM
djpingpong
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by guanche2k9
I don't own a 2019 Yellow IS - but I'm almost 100% certain that the 2019 IS didn't come with DHP. In fact, I'm pretty sure none of the IS do....
I actually just picked up a 2019 Inspiration Series last week. Here’s the window sticker. Should have all the Dynamic Handling goodies.

Old 02-14-23, 01:35 PM
silvernite
Driver

I ordered Bespoke Build - White, Manhattanhenge Orange Interior, 21" Black Forged, SA Spoiler, Black Chrome Trim, etc and from what I've been reading about Bespoke Build orders - it's going to be a while.

Strange era we live in. In Pre-Covid 2019, it really didn't matter what I ordered from any manufacturer, it was typically 6-8 months from order to delivery.
That is one beautiful spec. Post pics once you collect the car.

That's good to know they don't come optioned with the DHP.
Old 02-14-23, 04:57 PM
djpingpong
Driver School Candidate

I have a Flare Yellow 2019 Inspiration Series. It does have the Dynamic Pack goodies. I’m trying to post a pic of the window sticker but it’s stuck on needing admin approval.
The following 2 users liked this post by djpingpong:
PrimeDave (02-20-23), silvernite (02-16-23)
Old 02-14-23, 08:41 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

Originally Posted by djpingpong
I have a Flare Yellow 2019 Inspiration Series. It does have the Dynamic Pack goodies. I’m trying to post a pic of the window sticker but it’s stuck on needing admin approval.
pretty sure most inspiration cars haven't had rear wheel steering, or VGRS, and haven't had the motorized rear wing. but i could be wrong (at least for certain years).
Old 02-14-23, 08:45 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

I cannot speak all the orders, but for mine, it was a very unique situation. I really wanted the Flare Yellow with Carmel Toasted interior and Dynamic handling package (DHP). ....

I was at the mercy of Toyoda/Lexus to build my exact spec. Which was why my wait time was over 1.5 years. There were cars that came close. I was offered a few Flare Yellows, the closest being a 2022 Flare Yellow, Black interior, and DHP. Having owned a car with an all black interior I wanted to avoid it as much as possible. The other yellows built in 2022 were either convertibles or had the glass roof option (so no DHP which meant no carbon fiber roof, rear wheel steering, speed activated spoiler which were all options I needed to have). I did consider grabbing a used 2019 Inspiration Series (https://pressroom.lexus.com/2019-lex...ts-in-chicago/) since those were all Flare Yellows and quite a few were coming off leases ending. I wasn't sure if the 2019 Inspiration Series came with the DHP or how well those white seats will hold up overtime. Maybe one of the 100 Inspiration Series owners can chime in.
i admire your patience but it paid off! look forward to hearing more impressions of yours. i drive mine once or twice a week typically and get a grin on my face at least once every drive. the dhp really gives it amazing (to me) handling, for its size and weight. the rws/vgrs makes it turn like a go kart.
Old 02-15-23, 01:04 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,950 Likes on 1,373 Posts

Actually I believe djpingpong However the only reference I can find for RWS is here on CarScoops a UK publication:

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/05/dr...of-all-trades/

And I know for sure that the US 2019 IS came with the retractable spoiler and CF Roof:

Old 02-15-23, 10:49 PM
djpingpong
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
pretty sure most inspiration cars haven't had rear wheel steering, or VGRS, and haven't had the motorized rear wing. but i could be wrong (at least for certain years).
I think the newer ones don’t but the 2019 did have it. Here’s the window sticker for the car. I made sure to check before I bought it haha

The following 3 users liked this post by djpingpong:
guanche2k9 (02-17-23), jamesss711 (03-06-23), silvernite (02-16-23)
Old 02-16-23, 01:57 AM
Eightk
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I’m from the UK and getting close to buying a used LC. Really interesting reading about the differences in specs between cars in the US - in the UK we only get the key card if we order the heads up display option.
There are genuine key cards on eBay etc but I’d guess you’d need to get Lexus to code them to the car.
Oh, and the white interior and wearing blue jeans would terrify me…
Old 02-16-23, 11:28 AM
jbuffett
Intermediate

Received 194 Likes on 119 Posts

3) Is there a major difference between the different modes: Comfort, Normal, Sport, and Sport +?
Taken from here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-...l#post10109930

Inspired by the LFA supercar, controls are positioned on the outer instrument panel for seamless operation and our most engaging Drive Mode Select yet.
Sport S mode alters the powertrain for a more dynamic throttle response.
Sport S+ mode modifies the next-generation Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) to help provide a higher level of responsiveness.
Comfort mode adjusts the AVS to reduce the feel of uneven road surfaces and balances throttle response and fuel efficiency.
ECO mode moderates multiple settings for increased fuel efficiency.

In reality:

I found Comfort to be the best Interstate (70+ MPH) cruising mode. Sport S and Sport S+ only use 8 gears, to get 9 and 10 you need to be in Normal, Eco or Comfort. Eco seems to mainly tweak throttle inputs, Normal seems to lack both the throttle tweaks of Eco and the suspension softness of Comfort. So I settled on Comfort. Across northern Arizona on I-40 with the cruise set to 83 in Comfort mode, I was exceeding 32 MPG in 10th gear for long stretches.

When doing some sporty driving in the Colorado rocky mountains (I live in Denver), Sport S is my preferred mode. If you've never done the Lexus Performance Driving School, it's a fun weekend of pushing an LC500 that isn't yours. We did the Circuit of the Americas (Austin F1 track) location last year and had the LC's up to 140MPH twice on each lap. In Sport S+, the LC's lack of a transmission cooler led to a hot trans temp warning after 3 laps. In Sport S, the car ran all day with no warnings. So that's why I run mine in Sport S rather than S+.

In my humble opinion, this car's achilles heel is the lack of a dedicated transmission cooler. Lexus -F cars get a trans cooler. The instructors at LPDS drive RC-F's, their masterclass sessions are done in RC-F's. For what it costs, why Lexus didn't include a trans cooler on this car is beyond me.
The following 2 users liked this post by jbuffett:
silvernite (02-16-23), smellLC (04-06-24)
Old 02-16-23, 03:31 PM
silvernite
Driver

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i admire your patience but it paid off! look forward to hearing more impressions of yours. i drive mine once or twice a week typically and get a grin on my face at least once every drive. the dhp really gives it amazing (to me) handling, for its size and weight. the rws/vgrs makes it turn like a go kart.
Thank you sir. I'm very happy I got my exact build. I am fortunate that the LC500 is one of three RWD cars in the stable. So I still had two other fun toys to play with on the back roads while waited for the LC..one them being a NC Miata/MX-5. I am going to try to take the LC out weekly. Every time I bring the LC out there's always a huge grin on my face as well. It's one of those rare cars that makes you feel like a kid again. The 2UR is just intoxicating. Handling wise, I am very impress with how well the LC can take the back roads. It's nimble around the corners; not sure how much is the RWS/VGRS doing its job.The car is 4,000lbs + but around corners it does not feel like you can dragging that 4,000lbs around; more like gliding it smoothly around. I judge how a car handles by how confident you feel tossing it around a corner and how well it provides feedback. The LC gives the driver confidence; feed back wise I cannot comment fully yet since I haven't put it into Sport +. I have driven the LC 500 convertible before and compared to the coupe with the DHP, it does not feel as nimble and felt much heavier under braking. I did love the top down open driving and hearing that V8 sing.

And for those really wondering what's it like with a Flare Yellow LC, it's near impossible to blend in. People will see you a mile away and try to get along side you and the phones come out. I cannot park the LC anywhere without someone coming up to chat about the car and every time they bring up the color.
The following users liked this post:
jamesss711 (03-06-23)

Quick Reply: New Owner and some questions