New Owner and some questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-23, 02:47 PM
silvernite
Driver

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts
Default New Owner and some questions

Hi All,

Finally a new owner of the LC500. Picked her up today and got to drive her about a 1hr for the trip home. Absolutely in love with this GT car. The drive home was effortless. I am really impressed with the road manner of this car. It is quiet when you want to cruise and a hoot on the back roads or when you need to make some noise.

I am sure people are going to ask so the details: Order back in Fall 2021 for a MY2022. Painfully waited as my MY2022 order slipped into MY2023. Was informed fall of 2022 that it finally entered production (or Toyoda finally decided to build my spec/trim and my dealer was able to scoop it up for me). Loaded onto a ship by mid December 2022 and arrived at port/delivered to the dealership at the end of January 2023.

Specs: Flare Yellow, Carmel Toasted interior, HUD, Mark Levinson, Dynamic Handling Package.

A few questions for LC owners:
1) I have noticed that my speed activated rear wing button was not active when pressing it. Had to go into the menu and toggle it on in order for the speed activated rear wing to work. Are there any other options which I need to manually turn on that does not come on by default?
2) For the rear wing, is there an icon somewhere or a picture on the screen that will tell me if the wing is up or not? (I know it does not matter much, but I am used to see those little things such as a picture of your car on the info screen with the wing up).
3) Is there a major difference between the different modes: Comfort, Normal, Sport, and Sport +?
4) Am I allowed to do the break-in period in Sport +? (Yeah, sorry I had to ask)
5) I was only given one Key Fob with the car on delivery but the Lexus dealership said that there was a supply shortage with Key Fobs. They will call me when they get delivery of the 2nd fob. Anyone know the wait time for the 2nd Fob?

Thank you all in advance.
The following 2 users liked this post by silvernite:
Metal1 (02-02-23), tailhappy1 (02-02-23)
Old 02-02-23, 03:12 PM
NiceCars
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

Car looks great, really pops!
The following users liked this post:
silvernite (02-03-23)
Old 02-02-23, 05:28 PM
Ephilyaw
Pit Crew

Received 91 Likes on 56 Posts

My first drive was 16 hours - yep totally amazing!

1) the dealership spent 1 hour with me turning on all the features I wanted before my 1000 mile trip home
2) The center console light comes on when the wing activates. It activates at romps (unless when in eco mode then it activates at 80mph). If you shift the screen to the right their is a view mode that shows the wing activation.
3) The different modes determine the tightness of the shocks, then hold before shifting gears and the steering and the exhaust . Comfort is soft shocks, light steering and slow lower rpm shifts with muffled exhaust (unless you get into). The Sport+ is tighter steering and shocks, It holds the rpm longer and sends more exhaust straight out the back. Also the dial looks a lot more aggressive.
4) Best I found was for first 1000 miles try not to drive at low speeds like around town. This was perfect for me as I drove 1000 interstate miles day 1.
5) I got both fobs - clueless on that one

Now enjoy every ride! This is by far the best vehicle I ever owned.
silvernite (02-03-23)
Old 02-02-23, 10:08 PM
CJinTx
Driver

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Just got mine 10 days ago, new 2023 with both fobs. But I heard that there was a shortage from many dealers and I half expected only one.
silvernite (02-03-23)
Old 02-03-23, 04:10 AM
BruceinFla
Advanced

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

I can tell you that just the replacement key In the fob is $87.00.
Bruce in Fl
silvernite (02-03-23)
Old 02-03-23, 06:31 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by silvernite
Hi All,

Finally a new owner of the LC500. Picked her up today and got to drive her about a 1hr for the trip home. Absolutely in love with this GT car. The drive home was effortless. I am really impressed with the road manner of this car. It is quiet when you want to cruise and a hoot on the back roads or when you need to make some noise.

I am sure people are going to ask so the details: Order back in Fall 2021 for a MY2022. Painfully waited as my MY2022 order slipped into MY2023. Was informed fall of 2022 that it finally entered production (or Toyoda finally decided to build my spec/trim and my dealer was able to scoop it up for me). Loaded onto a ship by mid December 2022 and arrived at port/delivered to the dealership at the end of January 2023.

Specs: Flare Yellow, Carmel Toasted interior, HUD, Mark Levinson, Dynamic Handling Package.

A few questions for LC owners:
1) I have noticed that my speed activated rear wing button was not active when pressing it. Had to go into the menu and toggle it on in order for the speed activated rear wing to work. Are there any other options which I need to manually turn on that does not come on by default?
2) For the rear wing, is there an icon somewhere or a picture on the screen that will tell me if the wing is up or not? (I know it does not matter much, but I am used to see those little things such as a picture of your car on the info screen with the wing up).
3) Is there a major difference between the different modes: Comfort, Normal, Sport, and Sport +?
4) Am I allowed to do the break-in period in Sport +? (Yeah, sorry I had to ask)
5) I was only given one Key Fob with the car on delivery but the Lexus dealership said that there was a supply shortage with Key Fobs. They will call me when they get delivery of the 2nd fob. Anyone know the wait time for the 2nd Fob?

Thank you all in advance.
1. The button should work as expected, although you can't really (as I recall) just keep hitting it and make it keep going up and down. The primary purpose of the button I believe is to raise it when washing the car.
2. As others have said, there is an information display that will show the wing deployment status.
3. There is a significant difference that I notice in the throttle response.
4. I think you can do whatever you like it won't hurt it, but some people take a more cautious old school approach and baby it for a while.
5. Ask them if you can get a credit card key instead. AFAIK you can't get one for the earlier years which is what I have, I'd be curious if there's one available for the 2023s.
silvernite (02-03-23)
Old 02-03-23, 07:00 AM
silvernite
Driver

Originally Posted by Ephilyaw
My first drive was 16 hours - yep totally amazing!

1) the dealership spent 1 hour with me turning on all the features I wanted before my 1000 mile trip home
2) The center console light comes on when the wing activates. It activates at romps (unless when in eco mode then it activates at 80mph). If you shift the screen to the right their is a view mode that shows the wing activation.
3) The different modes determine the tightness of the shocks, then hold before shifting gears and the steering and the exhaust . Comfort is soft shocks, light steering and slow lower rpm shifts with muffled exhaust (unless you get into). The Sport+ is tighter steering and shocks, It holds the rpm longer and sends more exhaust straight out the back. Also the dial looks a lot more aggressive.
4) Best I found was for first 1000 miles try not to drive at low speeds like around town. This was perfect for me as I drove 1000 interstate miles day 1.
5) I got both fobs - clueless on that one

Now enjoy every ride! This is by far the best vehicle I ever owned.
Thanks, my sales rep took me for a 10-15min drive after I set everything up with the tech so I can learn the car before my trip home. I just never thought of pressing all the buttons to make sure that they worked.
Noted about the light, I'll look for it next time.
Thanks for the insight on the different modes.
I was only told keep under 3-4 grand on the revs for the first 1,000 and vary the speeds. Try to do a mix of local/highway so the car can cycle through the gears, the standard break-in talk.

Originally Posted by CJinTx
Just got mine 10 days ago, new 2023 with both fobs. But I heard that there was a shortage from many dealers and I half expected only one.
Guessing my MY2023 just missed the cut-off for getting two Fobs. As long as the dealer makes due and supply the spare Fob (which for the other cars I never use). It's still nice to have.
https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...ys-2022-10-27/

Originally Posted by BruceinFla
I can tell you that just the replacement key In the fob is $87.00.
Bruce in Fl
Thanks Bruce, I actually have both physical keys, but the second key does not have Fob attached to it, just the metal physical key you can detach from the Fob itself. I'm waiting for the dealer to get the Fob part so they can code it to the car.

Originally Posted by azmojo
1. The button should work as expected, although you can't really (as I recall) just keep hitting it and make it keep going up and down. The primary purpose of the button I believe is to raise it when washing the car.
2. As others have said, there is an information display that will show the wing deployment status.
3. There is a significant difference that I notice in the throttle response.
4. I think you can do whatever you like it won't hurt it, but some people take a more cautious old school approach and baby it for a while.
5. Ask them if you can get a credit card key instead. AFAIK you can't get one for the earlier years which is what I have, I'd be curious if there's one available for the 2023s.
Thanks, yeah, it was more of just testing that most of the buttons in the car works and for the detail shop in case they need to pop the wing up to clean the plastic part underneath.
I'll look for wing icon or indicator next time I'm out for a drive.

This credit card key is new to me. Never knew Toyoda/Lexus made one. One of my old Mazda had a credit card key Fob and I loved it due to the size and shape.
Old 02-05-23, 12:02 PM
Vantage007
Pit Crew

Received 116 Likes on 50 Posts

The Mazda credit card fobs were cool because they had small buttons built into them for lock/unlock. I have the original card for my '09 LS 460, and it works perfectly, except that there are no buttons on it so you're 100% reliant on the buttons on the exterior door handles. If you forget to lock your car, you're walking back to it rather than hitting the button. It's definitely a nifty convenience - no idea if they make one compatible with the LC. If they do, I'd be game to order one once my '23 lands.
Old 02-05-23, 05:32 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,950 Likes on 1,373 Posts

^^^^They do - See this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-...or-the-lc.html
Old 02-06-23, 03:24 PM
threeputt
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Vantage007
The Mazda credit card fobs were cool because they had small buttons built into them for lock/unlock. I have the original card for my '09 LS 460, and it works perfectly, except that there are no buttons on it so you're 100% reliant on the buttons on the exterior door handles. If you forget to lock your car, you're walking back to it rather than hitting the button. It's definitely a nifty convenience - no idea if they make one compatible with the LC. If they do, I'd be game to order one once my '23 lands.
I received the credit card fob plus two regular fobs with my 22 LC, I am in Ontario as well. Mine has no buttons.
Old 02-09-23, 08:23 AM
silvernite
Driver

I just could not resist driving the LC. I figured my detail shop will have the car for a good 4-5 days so I squeezed in a commute to the office before I drop her off. It's been an experience. I will say Flare Yellow on a LC 500 will generate a lot of attention.

I was wondering if there was a tips and tricks thread for the LC 500? I recently found out that you can use the buttons on the steering wheel to mute the audio but that sorta thing is not really explained and there is not a button clearly marked mute.
Old 02-09-23, 02:35 PM
NiceCars
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

I just could not resist driving the LC. I figured my detail shop will have the car for a good 4-5 days so I squeezed in a commute to the office before I drop her off. It's been an experience. I will say Flare Yellow on a LC 500 will generate a lot of attention.

I was wondering if there was a tips and tricks thread for the LC 500? I recently found out that you can use the buttons on the steering wheel to mute the audio but that sorta thing is not really explained and there is not a button clearly marked mute.
Apparently from what I've read here, using the Lexus concierge is much better than fiddling with all the buttons/settings especially the embedded ones.
Old 02-09-23, 06:26 PM
dknyov
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by NiceCars
Apparently from what I've read here, using the Lexus concierge is much better than fiddling with all the buttons/settings especially the embedded ones.
Turn on Lexus Concierge, then all you have to do is adjust the temperature. Lexus does the rest for you. And Voice command is awsome.
Old 02-10-23, 05:29 AM
ksegg
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats! I am currently waiting for my Bespoke Build order and the waiting is awful (2022 - current).

And this is me having already waited a year (2021-2022) for a previous Lotus Emira order that I ended up canceling, because they wanted me to wait until 2024.

When I ordered my 2020 M2 Competition in 2019 it took 6 months from initial order to delivery. With my sales guy giving me updates non stop, which I appreciated.

Is it normal for LC orders to take over a year?

Last edited by ksegg; 02-10-23 at 05:35 AM.
Old 02-10-23, 06:05 PM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 318 Likes on 182 Posts

Try watching this - it'll cover a few things

Quick Reply: New Owner and some questions