LC Model (2018-present)

Apple CarPlay for 2018 models?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-19, 08:20 AM
Ahhadanny
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Let's keep this post alive for Android Auto users! Any news, please share!
Correct me if I am wrong: 2018-2020 models got no AA so far. 2021 model (ie LC convertible) got AA?

My car needs a service soon. Maybe I should wait for a little bit just in case I can get the service and AA done to save time?
Old 12-11-19, 09:11 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts

I'm very close to throwing in the towel on Carplay. Some days it doesn't wanna work. Lexus please give us AA.
Old 12-12-19, 07:18 AM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 318 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by calgold06
Certainly hoping for AA to be backwards compatible. Lexus Australia will be charging $199 for AA software.

Lexus will definitely lose some loyal customers, if they don't upgrade at all for 2018/19 models or charge for it.

Actively discussed in ES forum:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...duction-3.html

No news on AA for previous models with Enform 2.0. I contacted Lexus USA once again, after your post showing how Lexus Australia is already retrofitting. This was their response:

Response By Email (Tim) (12/10/2019 10:54 AM)
Dear Mr.,

Thank you for contacting Lexus USA about Android Auto for your 2018 LC 500.

As we previously advised, there is not a retrofit update available for Android Auto on any of our vehicles at this time. There may be an update coming, however we cannot confirm this as no information has been publicly announced at this time. We invite you to check out our Android Auto FAQ page found here periodically as any potential updates will be announced on the FAQ page.

As we represent Lexus USA, we cannot provide information about vehicles and their design, specifications, technology, performance, or pricing in foreign markets. This includes any Android Auto retrofit capabilities for vehicles built for Lexus Australia.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We are glad to help at any time.

Sincerely,

Tim
Lexus Guest Experience Center

Customer By CSS Web (12/07/2019 08:29 AM)
Hello,

I've previously messaged your customer satisfaction department, and inquired about Android Auto retrofitting on the LC model. I got a response stating that Lexus USA doesn't have any plans as of yet to retrofit previous year LC's with AA. I just came across your Australian website, and I've noticed that you are performing retrofits for the LC models in that market.
Please see below:
https://www.lexus.com.au/apple-carpl...oid-auto/about

Why aren't you bringing this to your US customers?

Thanks,

Richard
The following users liked this post:
Ahhadanny (12-12-19)
Old 03-10-20, 05:46 AM
guanche2k9
Advanced

I decided to message Lexus Australia just to make sure - and in fact they confirmed that you can do an Android Auto retrofit on the LC500. Do any of you know if the head unit for Australian LC's is different than the North American version? I'm just amazed at how Lexus is doing it for their LC's on one side of the world, but not the other - especially in the US, where they probably have the highest number of sold LC's to date!

Old 03-10-20, 06:18 AM
RichKeagy
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

It looks like an incomplete answer. Greg Davidson didn't address Apple CarPlay. Ask for clarification.
Old 03-10-20, 07:58 AM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Originally Posted by RichKeagy
It looks like an incomplete answer. Greg Davidson didn't address Apple CarPlay. Ask for clarification.
My inquiry was just in regards to Android Auto. Apple Car Play can be retrofitted in both AUS and North American markets. Android Auto on the other hand, can only be retrofitted in AUS market only, and NOT in North America.
Old 03-10-20, 09:33 AM
jaycedog
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It’s really unfortunate that Lexus is so behind the curve when it comes to things like this. Their standard infotainment systems are terrible.
web4488 (03-10-20)
Old 03-22-20, 12:25 PM
4thone
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

My dealer informed me that I can get Apple Car play installed in my LC as soon as it is out of storage. Free.
Old 03-22-20, 04:42 PM
OFTRASH
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 4thone
My dealer informed me that I can get Apple Car play installed in my LC as soon as it is out of storage. Free.
West side (I-10) Lexus in Houston installed mine for free.
Old 03-23-20, 06:29 AM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Would anyone know of the head unit model # for the LC's in Australia? I'm curious to know if the head unit in the Aussie market is different than the one in the North American market. If not, then maybe someone else would be able to obtain the actual AA reflash for Enform 2.0.
Old 06-30-20, 01:23 PM
xtorque
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Took mine in for an oil change and asked dealer about Apple Carplay. They did it free of charge. be warn that all Nav history will be lost.
asinow (06-30-20)
Old 07-05-20, 07:12 AM
MeganD
Driver School Candidate

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi, has anyone from Canada had it installed? My salesman has been with Lexus for 28 years and hadn’t heard of it.
I will be forwarding him the technical service bulletin that was linked earlier which was for the US market, but if it’s just a software install, it should be universal? 🤷🏻‍♀️
Old 07-18-20, 04:41 PM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a way to install it myself like BMWs after buying the software online? I hope it is software only for 2018 model.
Saudi Arabia dealership does not have it and says not supported for some reason.
Old 07-19-20, 05:39 AM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Originally Posted by MeganD
Hi, has anyone from Canada had it installed? My salesman has been with Lexus for 28 years and hadn’t heard of it.
I will be forwarding him the technical service bulletin that was linked earlier which was for the US market, but if it’s just a software install, it should be universal? 🤷🏻‍♀️
Originally Posted by 500
Is there a way to install it myself like BMWs after buying the software online? I hope it is software only for 2018 model.
Saudi Arabia dealership does not have it and says not supported for some reason.
I will be PM'ing both of you with something I came across last year. I haven't installed it myself, since I don't have an IPhone - sux for me that Lexus won't be doing a backwards compatibility with Android as they did with Apple.
MeganD (07-19-20)
Old 07-19-20, 07:54 AM
SuperGT
Pole Position

Received 148 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by MeganD
Yes I had it installed in Montreal on my 2018, where the car was purchased and being used.
guanche2k9 (07-19-20)

Quick Reply: Apple CarPlay for 2018 models?