Search this Thread

Old 05-19-20, 10:19 AM
Curated Content Editor
CL Editor

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Used LC 500s are an Absolute Bargain

Used LC 500s are an Absolute Bargain
By Brett Foote

What other car on the market can match what the LC has to offer for just $60k?

Old 05-19-20, 01:04 PM
danibear
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Curated Content Editor
Used LC 500s are an Absolute Bargain
By Brett Foote

What other car on the market can match what the LC has to offer for just $60k?

To be honest, I am looking elsewhere myself. Used to be a firm LC500 fan who almost bought one last year.....

With so many little issues here and there, some issues like loud rear wing noise, engine stops if opens door during remote start. Makes me think Toyota is really lazy some times, or are they even squeeze the juice on LC500?! Come on, wife’s 2016 JEEP GC is doing better.

And the most recent fuel pump recall should be the show stopper for me. What Toyota means “no fix”?! If I still haven’t bought a new car this time next year l (the chance is low) I will then look at LC500 see if everything has been fixed.

With so many issues, I won’t say $$60,000 is a bargain. Just my humble opinion.

PS: how I wish Lexus could combine NA V8 with current generation LS500 interior. Sigh~~~ I beg you Toyota.....

Last edited by danibear; 05-19-20 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-19-20, 03:29 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,950 Posts

I've owned cars that do have the engine shut off when a door is opened during remote start (all Lexus vehicles) and those that don't, I can't imagine this being something that would keep me from buying a car...

You mention your wife's GC, I had two. You want to talk about issues? Yikes
Old 05-19-20, 03:44 PM
danibear
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I've owned cars that do have the engine shut off when a door is opened during remote start (all Lexus vehicles) and those that don't, I can't imagine this being something that would keep me from buying a car...

You mention your wife's GC, I had two. You want to talk about issues? Yikes

please, I didn’t mean any motion, please talk about the issues for Jeep GC. So that I can be of some precaution. Thanks.

Btw, how bad is the fuel pump issue? Some one experienced in motion? I do remember one gentleman experienced whiled parked and can’t start the engine.

I am still lingering around here, so you know I do love Lexus. Just say it.

Some small things could mean big to some one. Like I don’t care about the Lexus infotainment. Like I do care some rear seat space to possible for a baby (I need to carry one in the near future). Like I care a lot about things like engine stops, rear wing noise, tapping roof noise which affect my “smoothness”.....

thanks.

Old 05-19-20, 05:54 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Lexus as a company is very good at guarding against issues and noises and such, but they still happen here and there. The LC is just a stunning car, and that’s what it’s about, it’s not about loud rear wings you can just turn off. And yes $60k is a steal for one. If you care about rear seat space it’s just not the car for you, bottom line. Why do you think I don’t have one?

Chryslers have a TON of electronic issues. I had two GCs, the first one Had 28 separate warranty repairs, the second one was better but I only had it for 11 months. We have a Chrysler Pacifica now and it’s a total nightmare.

Comparatively, the issues discussed here are nothing.
Old 05-19-20, 07:12 PM
danibear
Pit Crew

We had the 2016 GC for 3 years, no issues. Maybe we are lucky.

I do understand the rear seat for a coupe, that’s an elegant GT car all about, I won’t fit an adult or big boy there by any means. Just, it will be perfect if I can fit a few months or years old baby like the a lot other coupe cars can do. Like E-coupe which is exactly the candidate dragging me away.....

How is your observation in this aspect? Your little angel can sit there safely? I mean no head touching the roof, can fasten safely. Etc. thanks.

Just, the fuel pump recall is right there with no fix, which stops me from buying one. Honestly, I don’t care that much it is 60k or 80k.

But quite a safety issue right there, I am not paying for it at 60k or lower.

Old 05-19-20, 07:35 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

The E Class coupe is just not in the same league in terms of desirability IMHO, they’re very ordinary. if you’re concerned about the small issues you’ve mentioned here I don’t see that being better with Mercedes.

It’s just not a car for people who need the back seats. No way you’re going to get any rear facing car seat in there, and getting the kid in and out would be a nightmare. My kids are 5, and if I didn’t have kids I would have traded my LS460L in on an LC, but i have kids so that’s not gonna work. What I’ve considered doing is buying the LS at the end of the lease and leasing an LC and having both instead of replacing the LS with another sedan or SUV.

Fuel pump recall doesn’t bother me. I had two affected cars, my 2017 LS is not. They will get it solved.

Last edited by SW17LS; 05-19-20 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-19-20, 08:14 PM
danibear
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by SW17LS
The E Class coupe is just not in the same league in terms of desirability IMHO, they’re very ordinary. if you’re concerned about the small issues you’ve mentioned here I don’t see that being better with Mercedes.

It’s just not a car for people who need the back seats. No way you’re going to get any rear facing car seat in there, and getting the kid in and out would be a nightmare. My kids are 5, and if I didn’t have kids I would have traded my LS460L in on an LC, but i have kids so that’s not gonna work. What I’ve considered doing is buying the LS at the end of the lease and leasing an LC and having both instead of replacing the LS with another sedan or SUV.

Fuel pump recall doesn’t bother me. I had two affected cars, my 2017 LS is not. They will get it solved.
Thank you a lot! Very valuable input here.

I do like the current generation LC500 and LS500 interior. And the nice NA V8 sound. But the current LS500 is a mess, I don’t want to touch that new TT V6.....

So painful. I wish they could have the fuel pump fixed quickly, or give us a new version of LS500 w/ NA V8 (the old engine will work for me, the newer one would be a heaven). Why the hell ruling it out ??otherwise I would have bought the new LS500 last year.

Old 05-20-20, 07:24 AM
Oilman
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Got a call from my Lexus dealer yesterday and he said the fuel pump replacements are coming in and put one on order for me.
The following users liked this post:
SW17LS (05-20-20)
Old 05-20-20, 08:15 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I wouldn't worry about the TTV6, I just prefer a V8.
Old 05-20-20, 08:57 AM
danibear
Pit Crew

I don’t own a current LS500 with TTV6, but based on what I saw in the LS500 forum here. A LOT to be worried: anti-freeze smell (I never experienced any with my cars, 2 American, 2 Japanese, maybe J am still too young???), acceleration lag to like stall some times (again, sounds horrible!) , oil level loss ( guess the least issue here).
Old 05-21-20, 06:59 AM
Beachtyme
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Interesting reading this, I was just looking at the LC at a few local dealerships (online) and noticed the pricing was "good" for a car of this class. It's on my list of cars I wish to own some day, but with 3 Lexi in the stable right now, it just doesn't make sense to purchase another vehicle that will sit more than it moves.... Some day.
Old 07-15-20, 11:12 PM
eman88
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by danibear
To be honest, I am looking elsewhere myself. Used to be a firm LC500 fan who almost bought one last year.....

With so many little issues here and there, some issues like loud rear wing noise, engine stops if opens door during remote start. Makes me think Toyota is really lazy some times, or are they even squeeze the juice on LC500?! Come on, wife’s 2016 JEEP GC is doing better.

And the most recent fuel pump recall should be the show stopper for me. What Toyota means “no fix”?! If I still haven’t bought a new car this time next year l (the chance is low) I will then look at LC500 see if everything has been fixed.

With so many issues, I won’t say $$60,000 is a bargain. Just my humble opinion.

PS: how I wish Lexus could combine NA V8 with current generation LS500 interior. Sigh~~~ I beg you Toyota.....

Wait....What!!!!! ....a 2016 Jeep is doing better than a Lexus......smh
Old 07-15-20, 11:19 PM
eman88
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by danibear
I don’t own a current LS500 with TTV6, but based on what I saw in the LS500 forum here. A LOT to be worried: anti-freeze smell (I never experienced any with my cars, 2 American, 2 Japanese, maybe J am still too young???), acceleration lag to like stall some times (again, sounds horrible!) , oil level loss ( guess the least issue here).
are you a Mercedes salesmen/technician just nick picking little things with Lexus to make Chrysler/Mercedes look more desirable?......
Old 07-17-20, 09:29 AM
danibear
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by eman88
are you a Mercedes salesmen/technician just nick picking little things with Lexus to make Chrysler/Mercedes look more desirable?......
No I am not.

Quick Reply: Used LC 500s are an Absolute Bargain